September 23 Hotfixes

Take a look, lots of balance changes, some buffs and some nerfs.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749305579

Well, this is promising. It looks like they're trying. I laughed at demo getting an increase of implosion damage, especially after I watched a video of a guy one shotting multiple people with it. But they've made changes so I'm happy.

I'm confused about one thing

-Tank-specialized characters no longer take additional damage while carrying a flag.

Is this a bug fix or is this something that makes tanks very strong flag carriers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I'm confused about one thing

-Tank-specialized characters no longer take additional damage while carrying a flag.

Is this a bug fix or is this something that makes tanks very strong flag carriers?
    Its a buff, but paired with the flat extra 25% damage all tanks now take, its a relative wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Its a buff, but paired with the flat extra 25% damage all tanks now take, its a relative wash.
    No, the idea is that they don't receive 25% more damage when carrying the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by magnetox View Post
    No, the idea is that they don't receive 25% more damage when carrying the flag.
    No, currently when carrying a flag it applies a damage taken debuff.
    Tanks also recently all got hit with a 25% extra damage taken from players.

Now tanks don't receive the damage taken debuff when carrying a flag, but still have the 25% extra damage taken.

Disc nerfs tho hehehehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Disc nerfs tho hehehehe
    I thought atonement healing in pvp was already super weak and dumb? I was under the impression Disc just spams shadowmeld? Anyway, didn't all healers have their pvp damage reduced by 25% but Disc only 15%? That would make sense then, unless this is an additional 15% on top of the damage nerf?

In sum it's maybe the same like before buffs and nerfs.

They buffed int by 5% => More Heal & More Damage
    They nerfed damage by 25% (15% for Disc) => maybe negation of Damage buff and in sum sightly buff disc buff
    They nerfed healing from damage by 10% => negation of the maybe sightly buff

I don't get the point. Disc wasn't on the sunny side for average player before and is even darker now. For just spam heal any other healer would be better. I wish they had buffed the atonement duration and maybe the healing.

I think to keep up ppl it doesn't hurt that much, but for multiple target healing it will be horrible. You had problems before disc nerf and wl buff now it will drain you down.

Neither of those are what it means. Tanks had additional damage taken while holding a flag on top of the stacking debuff everyone gets added either towards the end of cata or sometime in MoP. They are simply reverting that now... 4 years later.

sorry my mistake thought it was reverting the 25% damage increase.

For clarity ( as was already pointed out) -

Tanks (only) used to take extra damage wen carrying the flag, on top of the flat damage taken debuff from carrying the flag that everyone gets.

Now, that is removed, but tanks take an extra 25% at all times from players.