Stat weight question

According to Stjern, Icy Veins, and Mr. Robot, outlaw stat priority is Agility > Versatility > Crit > Mastery > Haste. And since it's not often all three agree, I have to take that seriously.

Otoh, just before it crashed, shadowcraft had me at Agility > Versatility > Mastery > Haste > Crit, and crit was WAY below the others. One thing i've always liked about Shadowcraft is that the ep weights are updated dynamically, which usually makes it very reliable. But on the other, OTHER hand, this was just before it crashed.

So, do I still take SC seriously? Or is the current stat priority still wot is writ in the above referenced sources?

As always, thanks for any and all help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stat weights will always fluctuate with different quantities of different secondaries. If you find that you have 7500 crit rating and 0 haste rating your stat weights will change to where crit is worth less and haste is worth more.
    For example my current stat order is vers>mast>crit>haste with mastery and crit being extremely close together with haste only slightly behind. Most likely caused by me having a ton of crit and almost no mastery.

So in short. yes take shadowcraft/simulationcraft seriously because its stat weights are more tuned to your own gear rather than BIS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by loktark View Post
    Stat weights will always fluctuate with different quantities of different secondaries. If you find that you have 7500 crit rating and 0 haste rating your stat weights will change to where crit is worth less and haste is worth more.
    For example my current stat order is vers>mast>crit>haste with mastery and crit being extremely close together with haste only slightly behind. Most likely caused by me having a ton of crit and almost no mastery.

So in short. yes take shadowcraft/simulationcraft seriously because its stat weights are more tuned to your own gear rather than BIS gear.
    Appreciate the reply. My only concern about shadowcraft was that this unexpected devaluing of crit occurred just before it went down, leading me to wonder if how accurate the ep weights were at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Appreciate the reply. My only concern about shadowcraft was that this unexpected devaluing of crit occurred just before it went down, leading me to wonder if how accurate the ep weights were at that point.
    Eliminate the guess work, download the SimC addon, and run a scaling stat weight sim every single time you replace a piece of gear. They will constantly flip flop as you switch out gear. It could be vers > crit > mast > haste, but if you get a new trinket that has agi and crit for example, your stat weight will likely shift to vers > mast > crit > haste unless you were seriously deprived of crit prior.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-s-stat-weight
    Last edited by warstry; 2016-09-24 at 10:57 PM.