Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quick update, still haven't gone back!

7+ Year Old Account
    i do not think that the grind of artifacts is that bad really. if you want to pvp, go ahead! have fun.
    the game is supposed to be fun.

go at the pace that works for you. /shrug

Just get the artifact power from arenas. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by blainicus View Post
    Not sure what else I can add. The artifact grind is insane and I only like to do PvP. I like a lot of what the expansion offers, but it really sucks that they made very little of it optional to complete before you can be maxed out for arenas.

Artifact power being introduced at the same time as PvP templates makes no sense to me. Are they trying to punish non-raiders?

And yea, I'm giving up on this expansion just like I did with WoD as a result. I don't have the patience for this.

TLDR: I'm pissed it's no longer possible to go ham on gear, finish it, and then play rated PvP casually with the same stats as everyone else.
    Maxed out weapon really doesn't make THAT big of a difference in PvP where it isn't all dummy dps.

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    Maxed out weapon really doesn't make THAT big of a difference in PvP where it isn't all dummy dps.
    Eh, there are a handful of talents that are super useful in PvP. For example Outlaw Rogue has cooldown reduction during adren rush, increase damage on Run Through, increase damage on Main Gauche, 30sec reduced CD on Adren Rush. Like all really useful things.

That being said, getting the AP isn't really that bad, and in PvP it's honestly pretty easy. 150 points per arena win, 50% win rate, 4 minute games, means in an hour you're getting ~1,125 AP. In heroics you're getting like 175 per boss I think, then with queue times and everything it's probably about the same other than the first heroic a day giving 1200.

As far as grinding goes, it's really not bad at all to grind AP in PvP, don't really mind it. I think this expansion is by far the best as far as PvP grind goes. Hit 110 on my Priest two days ago and I feel perfectly fine in PvP because nobody is that far ahead of me, even the difference between my 790 ilvl and people at 850 ilvl feels pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Eh, there are a handful of talents that are super useful in PvP. For example Outlaw Rogue has cooldown reduction during adren rush, increase damage on Run Through, increase damage on Main Gauche, 30sec reduced CD on Adren Rush. Like all really useful things.

That being said, getting the AP isn't really that bad, and in PvP it's honestly pretty easy. 150 points per arena win, 50% win rate, 4 minute games, means in an hour you're getting ~1,125 AP. In heroics you're getting like 175 per boss I think, then with queue times and everything it's probably about the same other than the first heroic a day giving 1200.

As far as grinding goes, it's really not bad at all to grind AP in PvP, don't really mind it. I think this expansion is by far the best as far as PvP grind goes. Hit 110 on my Priest two days ago and I feel perfectly fine in PvP because nobody is that far ahead of me, even the difference between my 790 ilvl and people at 850 ilvl feels pretty small.
    being a healer in pvp right now is a huge PAIN. getting 2 melee on your ass as a shaman is a death sentence. esp when a rogue/dh is slamming your face with 3 interupts and 2 stuns in matter of 3 seconds.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    being a healer in pvp right now is a huge PAIN. getting 2 melee on your ass as a shaman is a death sentence. esp when a rogue/dh is slamming your face with 3 interupts and 2 stuns in matter of 3 seconds.
    Well that is pretty much a given for any specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I have no pity or love for lazy casuals, sorry.

Cya.
    Sorry if we don't have time to play 24/7, and sorry if someone is so lazy to work for 8+ hours at day, i hope i will not find you in game i am too worried to slow down and ruin your epic adventure towards e-peeneness!

Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    2 on 1 should be a death sentence if no help comes quickly. Healing is and always has been the biggest problem for pvp. As it takes awhile to whittle a player down but they can heal back to full on one or maybe two heals. It should take as many heals to heal to full as attacks it takes to kill.
    Finally if 2 on 1 can't kill a healer that proves something is wrong. Add in it is 2 melee you are talking about with more interupts and quicker interupts. It would be wrong if it wasn't a death sentence. One should have to avoid that type of situation

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    2 on 1 should be a death sentence if no help comes quickly. Healing is and always has been the biggest problem for pvp. As it takes awhile to whittle a player down but they can heal back to full on one or maybe two heals. It should take as many heals to heal to full as attacks it takes to kill.
    Finally if 2 on 1 can't kill a healer that proves something is wrong. Add in it is 2 melee you are talking about with more interupts and quicker interupts. It would be wrong if it wasn't a death sentence. One should have to avoid that type of situation
    avoid? can you tell me how then? because as a shaman i either need that pvp talent. or i will be screwed if 1 dps goes full retard on me. because there is no way that healing now is in a good place for shamans.

Deleted
    If you can't outheal 1on1, healers would be useless in PvP.

So the healer has to be able to outheal a 2on1 scenario if they don't use interrupts etc.

Deleted
    I agree AP grind is not fun but we'll get there eventually. I like to have 3+ chars for PvP so I have 2 atm at 110 and leveling the third. I mostly play my main and the other 2 I'm.just getting the artifact knowledge rolling so I can get AP quicker when I decide to play some on them. On my main I cleared all WQ at start until about a week ago. Now I only do the chests if I feel for it and the big AP quest. Can't handle to clear everything out as its boring ASF. The pvp gearing sucks though, it's the worst thing. Mythic+ is so easy and you can just spam them to gear up but the problem is that if you are mainly focusing on Pvp the gearing process is so freaking painful. They need to up the drops or make us choose what to get. Been playing since release on my druid and still have 805 legs which sucks

You people ask for another progression path and then bitch about one of the best new features to wow. you dont have to grind anything. If it feels like a grind then you dont enjoy this game or you should pace yourself once you get tired that day cos this expansion is supposed to last 2 years or so theres no rush!!!.. All ive seen is people bitching about content that isnt instanced. I thought everyone had enough of WOD and wanted THE OPTION to do something everyday. Unless you are a hardcore top end player then you dont need to treat AP like a job and if you are then deal with it. Its part of what makes you a hardcore raider

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree that if you PvP, you are giving up a lot of AP...

LIke most people I have a life and only a limited amount of time to play. Months ago, I had every intention of spending 7.0-7.1 focusing on Prestiging, and waiting to raid until proper sets come out in a few months.

However... In order to keep up with the artifact grind and trait unlocking (and praying for a legendary), I am spending pretty much all my playtime chasing AP world quests, running dungeons, etc. By the time that stuff is done I gotta run. I have to wonder if other people are like me, and the world quest / AP grind is sucking time they would have spent doing PvP. It's unfortunate, but I expect that artifacts have lowered the number of people doing PvP to some degree, who might have otherwise engaged with the Prestige system.

Just remember: in a couple months when you reach max AK which is lvl 25, every item will give you 25000% more AP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Just remember: in a couple months when you reach max AK which is lvl 25, every item will give you 25000% more AP
    And leveling the artifact will cost commensurately more as well. It's not a boost or a catch up mechanism of any kind... it scales on both sides (AP item value AND cost to level).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    And leveling the artifact will cost commensurately more as well. It's not a boost or a catch up mechanism of any kind... it scales on both sides (AP item value AND cost to level).
    The 34 traits are the main deal, anything beyond that is just padding, and maxing out all three weapons becomes alot easier with ak25 :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    If you can't outheal 1on1, healers would be useless in PvP.

So the healer has to be able to outheal a 2on1 scenario if they don't use interrupts etc.
    Thanks for proving my point. No a healer shouldn't out heal 1v1. Know why? Healing is a support class and tanks and dps to protect them while they heal. If there is no tanks or dps to protect them then a healer should die. It is tanks or dps job to protect healers while healers job to heal/keep alive those protecting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently grinding my way up to honor 50 after prestige 1 and I won a bucketload of AP from winning. Do that.

Deleted
    Thanks for proving my point. No a healer shouldn't out heal 1v1. Know why? Healing is a support class and tanks and dps to protect them while they heal. If there is no tanks or dps to protect them then a healer should die. It is tanks or dps job to protect healers while healers job to heal/keep alive those protecting it.
    That's bullshit, then why not get another DD instead of a healer?
    Healers already die when no one protects them, because heals are interuptable. If you make their heals equal DPS skills, that just means there is absolutely no reason to ever take one with you, because another DPS is doing the job you want to do better.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-07 at 03:39 PM.