Who the hell is in charge of Warcraft lore since TBC?

WoW since the beginning of TBC has had some of the most amateur, cliche and shitty stories I've ever seen. How much of the blame can be laid at Metzen's feet? I don't know.

Warcraft 3 left off in an interesting place. WoW pre-BC set the groundwork for an MMO (not including the stupid ass Undead playable race), and then TBC took a literary diarrhea shit all over the bed. Blood elves joining the horde. Draenei flying in using a trans-dimensional spaceship created by the naaru (L O fucking L).

Oh, and the "naaru". Remember in the Warcraft games and Vanilla WoW, when "The Light" was a deliberately vague allusion to the inherent goodness of mankind? A spiritual power that devout paladins and priests can manifest to heal and cure people? JK plebs it was really just dimensional crystal windchime aliens

It's the same shit George Lucas did with Episode 1 and "midichlorians". He took a rare and spiritual power and for some dumbass reason, quantified it, basically shitting into his own hand and smearing it all over your face.

Wrath is what should have been the first WoW expansion (minus all the stupid shit involving dragons and the "forsaken"). Never bothered to play or learn about Cata, MoP felt like a retarded Chinese shoutout/filler expansion, with characters, locations and story no one relates to or fucking cares about even after their desperate attempt to make everything feel relevant in a huge "let's glue all this shit to past lore, even though all this shit isn't really necessary at all nor does it add anything which actually advances the story". And WoD being a time-travelling expansion was basically blizzard's writers throwing up their hands and saying "yea, we're out of ideas now, let's go back in time to another dimension and revisit old characters that are long dead because I'm an overpaid, untalented and uncreative faggot"

And the future doesn't look all that great. I'm hearing about Turalyon being alive, and being some kind of Holy Space Admiral in some kind of Great Intergalactic War with the Legion, trading broadsides in their holy / demonic spaceships, and Holy Nathrezim demons and all sorts of other INCREDIBLY RETARDED shit. It's always been impossible to ever really get into your WoW character because of stupid shit like this, which is probably why you see so many dumbfucks with names like "Bowjobx" "Frostshocklol" "Frostitute" etc

Metzen is responsible for overseeing this juvenile shit, and he likely had a hand in making most of it. Him leaving can only be an improvement since it's unlikely Blizzard plans to start taking literary opinions from small children.

I just don't understand how we went from this:

....to entire zones wasted on thinly veiled copy pasted of norse, chinese and native american mythology and lore, and the endlessly regurgitated message given by Medivh at the end of Warcraft 3, now at the end of every.fucking.expansion.since.wotlk. Christ, even Arthas couldn't go down in style and kill us proper, he also had to also be a redeemed figure who wanted us to kill him and unite together.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-24 at 10:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you want wow to have a generic boring fantasy story? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Christ, even Arthas couldn't go down in style and kill us proper, he also had to also be a redeemed figure who wanted us to kill him and unite together.
    That never happened.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    1. How old are you, OP?

7+ Year Old Account
    TBCs lore was a butchered story of illidan suddenly being evil for no reason, and us invading a planet for no reason... and vanilla literally had little to no lore, the story was all over the place, there was tons of short stories no major story line

brand new account made this month? pretty odvious its a horrible troll

also nice use of horrible emojis bro, here my favorite
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Naaru are not the source of the Light, they are just creatures that are powerful in it. Just like Titans were not the source of Arcane. From the gist of your post though you don't like the majority of Warcraft lore (seriously, you are complaining about stuff that happened well over a decade ago) and would prefer going to back to the rather generic fantasy realm of Warcraft 1 and 2.

I'm also not sure where you are getting your info about Arthas from.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is obviously no real purpose to this other than to cause a shitstorm.