Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did he say the quote that Hillary attributed to him or not?
    Politifact says "Donald Trump has repeated throughout his presidential campaign that he opposed the Iraq war before the March 19, 2003 invasion" and this is true. But if one isn't actually very concerned about being reasonably objective, one can easily twist this into him saying that he said he never supported the war and then proceed to twist an off-handed and clearly unenthusiastic comment ("I guess so") made 7 months prior to the war as if it were somehow "proof" of some hugely egregious lie. Meanwhile, Hillary gets off scot-free with her blatant TPP "gold standard" lie. Welcome to Amerika.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-28 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why would picking milk that is 5 days after expiration, be worse than picking milk that still has a while before it? It's the definition of a mistake:

mis·take
    məˈstāk/
    noun
    an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.
    Sorry I don't follow. Because your first example you're saying the milk is intentionally trying to be expired.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I can see you smacking around your old lady and telling the cop "well she fought back".

She says "You hit me first!"

Then you tell her

An honest person has no future in politics or I would run for something.
    I also like to imagine you doing horrible things to people because I believe I am a good person and since we disagree you -must- be horrible so I leap at any opportunity to make assumptions about people I know nothing about, even to the point where I imagine you beating your wife.

Keep em coming, you are fulilling the text book definition of self-centered and incapable of looking beyond yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Naturally you are an honest person too, it is everyone who disagrees with you that is a liar. You also have common sense and no one who disagrees with you understands basic logic. You have never gotten in a fight with someone who didn't deserve it, and when you design pillars of social worth you always seem to be on the tallest pillar, amiright?
    Disagreeing with me makes them a liar? No... If anything I preach there sometimes is no right or wrong but a matter of opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes, because all seizures are the same sort of seizures.
    Then please enlighten us with what type of siezure she would be having, that would be avoided completley by talking to her.

You are defending the reasoning behind something that was wrong. The thing that made people think she had a mic to prevent seizures during a second of them seeing a wire down her back, instead of a mic she had on her lapel for 2 hours, is because of all the siezure bullshit that preceded it. It wasn't that she had an event during the debates that would ever imply seizures, but he fact that your ilk was looking for any sign of a siezur, to the point where the best they could find is a wire that they should have seen the mic connected to it, for 2 hours... Or the fact that there was no ear piece and again, her head was on the screen for 2 hours...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Can you read?
    I can read just fine, and I can tell you from experience that you can't talk someone out of a seizure, which you then said, "Well not all seizures are the same." Can you remember what you said?

I said it wasn't true, you said not all seizures are the same. It still isn't the true regardless of the severity of the seizure. The reason people talk to seizure victims is to help them organize their thoughts in as soothing way as possible after the seizure has ended.

No its not.
    'left' is not a label.
    Traitor was, but left, no.
    He's correct, and you are wrong.

Labeling us casting people you don't know under a wide umbrella under one word that conveys specific beliefs you hold based on a single word.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump was given two interviews in which he could have voiced his actual opposition. He refused to do so. And again, "maybe we should wait" is not the same as "maybe we shouldn't do it". He didn't even voice tepid disapproval. You have one direct, even if without passion, vote for, and one for ambivalence, tops. You have no direct statements that he was against it. Failing that, his approval stands, Clinton is right not Trump.

Now he is saying he was against the war. That's False. And it 100% conflicts with the story Hannity gave, which again, is someone who's literally advertising for Trump, and claims Trump was both passionate and repeatedly insistent on it. The record shows neither of those is true.
    His objection was clearly evolving and becoming stronger and stronger. Imo progressives look like damn fools to make such a huge deal out such minutia. Meanwhile Hillary lies her ass off regarding her positions on TPP and you don't hear a fucking peep. Tell me...how can you stand the stench of such hypocrisy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can read just fine, and I can tell you from experience that you can't talk someone out of a seizure, which you then said, "Well not all seizures are the same." Can you remember what you said?

I said it wasn't true, you said not all seizures are the same. It still isn't the true regardless of the severity of the seizure. The reason people talk to seizure victims is to help them organize their thoughts in as soothing way as possible after the seizure has ended.
    Just agreeing with your statement here. I dated a woman a few years back who had epilepsy. Witnessed a few seizures and all you can really do is hold their hand and wait for it to pass and then talk to them and make sure they're OK.

I'm not a huge Hilary fan, she is pretty much the epitome of the US politician, something that I think really needs to be changed. As far as US politicians go I don't regard her any worse than any other, she is a life long politician, as far as her views and stances I can agree with some disagree with others but she is what she is. I certainly don't think she is going to destroy this country, she is a traitor or any of the other flavor of the week conspiracy theories. My preference would be something new and different to shake up things politics wise which she really isn't, other than being female.

Clinton's performance at the debate was pretty much on par with what I expected, which again, business as usual, she used truths and half truths, brought up past achievements, admitted to past mistakes (which at least was something) she spoke well, made the right comments at the right time, the right eye rolls at the right time, the little humor when expected yada yada, the consummate politician, nothing new really.

That being said I am baffled at how anyone consider Trump as the answer.

Even if I excused Trump's incredibly poor presence, the comments he made pretty much show he has no interest in anyone but himself, there is no illusion of him fighting for the middle class or any class, he was racist, sexist, he flat out lied and then threw tantrums that would put my 5 year old nephew to shame when called on it, he went on nonsensical rambles numerous times, bragged about actions that should land him in jail.

That anyone can think he is a viable choice to be President is baffling, it's worse than that it's terrifying.

To make matters worse I expected to see people defending Trump's performance the next few days, making excuses for how poor he did and so on, what I did not expect was to see so many people claim he 'won', and I'm not just talking die hard conservatives, I've seen people I would have considered liberal or democratic leanings and so on saying he did great.

I'm left with two theories one there are just that many people out there who cannot get past the fact that Clinton is a woman, the other is some X-File level crap of supernatural/alien type interference going on because at this point I've got nothing else left that I can believe in.

Regardless I'm going to end up voting for Clinton, I'm not happy about this, I don't hate her, and I can even agree with some of her stances, but I would rather have something different. That being said, I desire a change, but I'm not willing to shoot myself in the face to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I don't follow. Because your first example you're saying the milk is intentionally trying to be expired.
    No, it's part of what others pointing out regarding personal accountability. You are choosing the milk that is spoiled... Just like according to Southpark, you are choosing a candidate that is trying to tell you as much as he can, that he is spoiled.

Milk isn't trying to be spoiled, by having a label that tells you the post expiration date. It is doing what it can to tell you it's spoiled. You are making a mistake, where the milk is doing everything in its power to tell you as much. Milk doesn't try to be expired, you choosing milk that tells you it's expired is a mistake on your part.

As in, choosing Garrison, when he is trying to show he is spoiled, is a mistake and a very bad one.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Labeling us casting people you don't know under a wide umbrella under one word that conveys specific beliefs you hold based on a single word.
    Don't you do this with conservatives all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    His objection was clearly evolving and becoming stronger and stronger. Imo progressives look like damn fools to make such a huge deal out such minutia. Meanwhile Hillary lies her ass off regarding her positions on TPP and you don't hear a fucking peep. Tell me...how can you stand the stench of such hypocrisy?
    the point of tge debate is to choose between the two candidates who is better than the other.

In this case, I'll take the one "gold-standard" lie over the 50 other lies Dump said, nevermind that ONE of them is saying he was against the Iraq war, which is a far worse lie than what Hillary said.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-09-28 at 08:17 PM.

No, it's part of what others pointing out regarding personal accountability. You are choosing the milk that is spoiled... Just like according to Southpark, you are choosing a candidate that is trying to tell you as much as he can, that he is spoiled.

Milk isn't trying to be spoiled, by having a label that tells you the post expiration date. It is doing what it can to tell you it's spoiled. You are making a mistake, where the milk is doing everything in its power to tell you as much. Milk doesn't try to be expired, you choosing milk that tells you it's expired is a mistake on your part.

As in, choosing Garrison, when he is trying to show he is spoiled, is a mistake and a very bad one.

Ok lets use milk. Someone buys milk 5 days past it's expiration because they don't want to buy the milk 10 days past it's expiration. Then you say that person intentionally bought spoiled milk because they refuse to drink the one that's 10 days past.

Don't you do this with conservatives all the time?
    Ah, playing the victim card, classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever wins, the people lose

/thread

No its not.
    'left' is not a label.
    Traitor was, but left, no.
    "Left" is labeling but the point you're trying to make is labeling in a negative way? Both sides do it, though I think one side is better at it than the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, playing the victim card, classic.
    LOL how is pointing out someone hypocrisy playing the victim card?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Whoever wins, the people lose

/thread
    The most intelligent thing written in this thread so far.

the point of tge debate is to choose between the two candidates who is better than the other.

In this case, I'll take the one "gold-standard" lie over the 50 other lies Dump said, nevermind that ONE of them is saying he was against the Iraq war, which is a far worse lie than what Hillary said.
    Or how he knew isis better than the generals?

He lost me the moment he alluded to the size of his cock on national tv during a debate, which should have embarassed the entire party. Had I been another Nominee I would of thrown up my arms in the air and said I would no longer take part in the debate and Donald should learn what shame is, then walk out. Would of won the nomination right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    As opposed to declaring that you wont vote for Hillary because she's dishonest and then voting for Trump...
    You just don't understand what it means to be truly awake.

Don't worry, senpai will teach you.

Deleted
    Then please enlighten us with what type of siezure she would be having, that would be avoided completley by talking to her.
    You can be talked out of some seizures.
    (not saying that is the case).

You are defending the reasoning behind something that was wrong.
    No i said that some 'seizures' can be treated by, or be helped by, someone talking to them, either to end it or to alleviate confusion - that was it, i stated that what may sound crazy, is actually true.
    I did not say she had a seizure - I indeed made that clear.

I can read just fine
    No because then you wouldn't have replied to me twice with nonsense.

, and I can tell you from experience that you can't talk someone out of a seizure, which you then said, "Well not all seizures are the same." Can you remember what you said?
    Yes, you said your brother suffered from a singular type of seizure - There are numerous things that qualify as seizure, especially if we are not talking strict medical terms.
    I said it wasn't true, you said not all seizures are the same.
    Yes, because your brother is or was not suffering from all forms of seizures know to man, and is not an anecdote.

It still isn't the true regardless of the severity of the seizure. The reason people talk to seizure victims is to help them organize their thoughts in as soothing way as possible after the seizure has ended.
    Do you think Hillary could have had a seizure while on stage or not? Do you think that would have been possible?
    - Note, since i need to be abundantly clear here, I'm not saying that she did (i have watched about 6 minutes of footage from the debate).

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't labeling anyone then - he said 'leftists' Then he is speaking about a group - it would be labeling if he said X was a leftist.
    who did i label? I said it was a tactic i often see employed by people on the left, there was no labeling