Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I was in Switzerland on debate night, just got back to the US last night. I had DVRed the debate and just finished watching it this morning.

In the minds of many it appears that Clinton won the debate - but even if that is "true", Trump clearly won the election.

Lose the battle, win the war.
    I haven't watched the debate yet honestly, but can I ask how you came to this conclusion?

It makes no sense to me why one would win an election after losing debates.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're completely right about the TPP remark - and Hillary handled it just the way Trump should have handled the war remark, but didn't.
    Agree. Trump took the bait...hook, line and sinker...and Holt manned the net. He needs to learn from this.

I am getting so frustrated with people defending Trump.
    How can ANYONE after watching that debate, think Trump is suitable for president. He didn't win in a single topic, and proved he was a moron that is "smart" by not paying taxes. I just don't understand how. HOW is he a candidate?!

Are you voting for him because you think it'll be funny/entertaining?! Fuck you! This is the real world, and an arrogant vote like that will ruin the lives of many who work hard. Harder than Trump ever has and most likely harder than you have.

I understand people hate Hillary, whether you hate women in power (the majority of trump voters), or hate her lying. BUT COME ON! I would rather have someone lie to me, than exploit me.

PLEASE MMO-CHAMP, restore my faith in the USA, and DON'T VOTE FOR TRUMP.

(I realize I derailed the thread probably and will get infracted, so be it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Meanwhile Hillary lies her ass off regarding her positions on TPP and you don't hear a fucking peep.
    Yes you did hear a peep. Trump got his only "mostly true" of the night from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in Switzerland on debate night, just got back to the US last night. I had DVRed the debate and just finished watching it this morning.

In the minds of many it appears that Clinton won the debate - but even if that is "true", Trump clearly won the election.

Lose the battle, win the war.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html

You can see that shortly after the debate popularity of Clinton kept getting up, while Trump's stagnated. If you look at the last year, you can see that, except for the short period during the "e-mails" scare, Clinton has been beating Trump consistently.

Trump is as far from winning the elections as he's always been. And considering that Trump's support is significantly influenced by the Internet folks that don't tend to participate in the actual elections much, I see very little hope for Duck this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Ooooh, no definitely not true. Groups of people are labelled all the time.
    yes, but then we don't use the words label.
    If i say black people are criminals, am i labeling black people?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes, but then we don't use the words label.
    If i say black people are criminals, am i labeling black people?
    Yes, that's exactly what you're doing. You're labelling black people as criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Clinton has been beating Trump consistently.
    This should get her momentum, and she needs to use it. A buffer zone of a few more percent seems within her grasp if she learns from her criticisms (and mistakes) from the debate herself. Remember:she's in striking distance of taking Texas. She can do significant damage to states Trump needs to win right now, forcing him to pull back rather than focus on battleground states or minority groups more people who want to believe he's not racist so they'll vote for him.

Seriously, Iowa.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Agree. Trump took the bait...hook, line and sinker...and Holt manned the net. He needs to learn from this.
    He really did - the man is utterly baitable - almost like a pre-teen.

What gets me is why someone like you, obviously bright and reasonably coherent (j/k - your posts are well thought out, and I appreciate you admitting the issue when so many others would not have - I would like to think I am one who would, too) can support such a lying buffoon.

All Trump does is lie. He lied about what he said in the debate right after the debate ended - almost the first thing he did. He's awful, and seems to want everyone to know it (see previous discussion on his inability to prep for the debate - or non-desire, if I can use that as a word).

What do people see in him that's supportable? And more importantly, what do people see in him that makes them think he could be President?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That, right there, is labelling.
    no its not, when did i say someone was on the left or not? i never assigned a label to anyone, if i said for example that all leftists are dumb, that would only apply to someone who identifies as a leftist, if i say you are a leftist, then i am labeling, not the same, the assigning of labels is what is the problem, not the labels themselves.
    Labels still exist, racists still exist, im stating that labeling someone a racist in order to shut down their argument is a dirty tactic employed by those with poor argumentative skills who cant defeat an argument with logic, what you did was labeling, you called me a hypocrite without explaining why (before i asked), that was a dirty tactic, now that i cleared what i meant you can see that doesnt apply and that you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I haven't watched the debate yet honestly, but can I ask how you came to this conclusion?

they aren't the kind of poster to really "discuss" anything with people. they rather just shit their opinions on the board and move on.

Best not to count chickens before they hatch, Trump still has a legitimate chance at winning. I would take the media's projections regarding a Clinton win with a HUGE grain of salt.

http://www.270towin.com/ feel free to play around with the map, keeping in mind current polling and historical voting trends for swing states.

It pretty funny how media is dancing around Trump's coked-up behavior at the debates. Poor Howard Dean, getting blasted for calling a spade a spade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what you're doing. You're labelling black people as criminals.
    Now, then we say i'm being racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

All Trump had to do was not be insulting, to not "attack", and to not play into Hillary's (and the entire media's) portrayal of him as ill-tempered and irrational. Every time that Hillary goaded him (and the were ample opportunities where he could have destroyed her with one-liners) he chose to take the high road and act "Presidential". He did not lose his temper one time (which the Clinton camp was actually counting on that he would.)

"Policy" and "facts"- that is not where the election will be won. Elections are won on persuasion - and Trump clearly won the election Monday night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I would take the media's projections regarding a Clinton win with a HUGE grain of salt.
    Wait, why does your map show Virginia Red?

Anyhow, I don't think anyone is saying Clinton has a lock on the election. Or if they are, I agree with you, they shouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This should get her momentum, and she needs to use it. A buffer zone of a few more percent seems within her grasp if she learns from her criticisms (and mistakes) from the debate herself. Remember:she's in striking distance of taking Texas. She can do significant damage to states Trump needs to win right now, forcing him to pull back rather than focus on battleground states or minority groups more people who want to believe he's not racist so they'll vote for him.

Seriously, Iowa.
    I'm just wondering how many Trump's supporters actually are going to vote for him. It seems to me that a significant portion of his support are people who, in theory, wouldn't mind him winning too much, but they also aren't exactly approving of his personality. Will those people vote, or decide to stay home?

Hillary's support seems to be more consistent and real: polls don't reflect that, but, for example, a lot of former Bernie's supporters are probably going to vote for her in the end, both because she has assumed some of his policies, and because the alternative (Trump) goes strongly against everything Bernie stood for.

In any case, I'm confident in the result. I simply refuse to believe that 300 million people from the leading country in the world are going to elect someone like Trump. It simply is not possible, people aren't that naive - despite what they say right now. As it gets closer and closer to the election day, people will think more seriously on it and decide that Trump isn't fit to be in the White House.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It pretty funny how media is dancing around Trump's coked-up behavior at the debates. Poor Howard Dean, getting blasted for calling a spade a spade.
    It's pretty funny that it is well documented that Trump has never done any illicit drugs in his entire life.

Also, Howard Dean is a fucking imbecile, so there is that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    a lot of former Bernie's supporters are probably going to vote for her in the end
    This will be far more likely to happen if Sanders puts his back into it. His followers are passionate and numerous.

It's pretty funny that it is well documented that Trump has never done any illicit drugs in his entire life.
    But do we really know that? I mean really know? Because I've heard some people say that he's a good friend to the white powder, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying that because I don't know, but I've heard it said by many other important people who usually know this kind of stuff. Can he provide drug tests over the years showing that he's never done any drugs? If not, how do we really know?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, why does your map show Virginia Red?

Anyhow, I don't think anyone is saying Clinton has a lock on the election. Or if they are, I agree with you, they shouldn't.
    I feel like that has been prevailing sentiment. I personally feel like Virginia will go blue but NC might go red, AZ will go red and CO blue, most states in the northeast including PA will go blue.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...t_polls/state/ current polling for swing states.

- - - Updated - - -

Suurrre he hasn't....

Listen, I'm no party girl but I know what coke behavior looks/sounds like.