Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who's left at Blizzard from the old games?

Warcraft 1, 2, 3, Starcraft 1, D1...anyone of importance left? All I see in their behind the scenes videos are hipsters with tattoos and big earrings, with Metzen or one of the old guard occasionally popping up and making you feel like there's some of worth in charge around there. Now that they're all gone too...not to mention the big split that already happened over Burning Crusade where like 1/3 of the studio left.

And I don't meant mike morhaime, that guy's just a worthless businessman, not a video game maker.

Probably not. Nothing remains the same forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Warcraft 1, 2, 3, Starcraft 1, D1...anyone of importance left? All I see in their behind the scenes videos are hipsters with tattoos and big earrings, with Metzen or one of the old guard occasionally popping up and making you feel like there's some of worth in charge around there. Now that they're all gone too...not to mention the big split that already happened over Burning Crusade where like 1/3 of the studio left.

And I don't meant mike morhaime, that guy's just a worthless businessman, not a video game maker.
    So, your question isn't about importance, but what known names are left? In theory, there could be many of importance still there, but just not known.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, your question isn't about importance, but what known names are left? In theory, there could be many of importance still there, but just not known.
    Metzen and crew were the guys who grew up with rock n' roll, dungeons and dragons, warhammer, swearing, lack of SJWs, not being afraid of showing one's masculinity and a passion for making games they loved. In my eyes, they're the people of importance, as they were the soul of blizzard, despite the fact they've stopped giving a fuck since BC, Wrath excluded, and maybe Heart of the Swarm excluded, although only half of it, half of it was filler shit, 3 fucking missions on xerus just to turn kerrigan back into a zerg ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metzen and crew were the guys who grew up with rock n' roll, dungeons and dragons, warhammer, swearing, lack of SJWs, not being afraid of showing one's masculinity and a passion for making games they loved. In my eyes, they're the people of importance, as they were the soul of blizzard, despite the fact they've stopped giving a fuck since BC, Wrath excluded, and maybe Heart of the Swarm excluded, although only half of it, half of it was filler shit, 3 fucking missions on xerus just to turn kerrigan back into a zerg ffs.
    Ah, but now, that is only your opinion though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    You aren't allowed to say those things because this site is a safe space and a hug box.

A)Carbine's founders were 17 former members of Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft development team. Since then they have employed key personnel from games such as Diablo II, StarCraft, Metroid Prime, Fallout, EverQuest, City of Heroes, Half-Life 2 and many from other titles(they left 2005 but last expac we play from them was Wotlk)
    B)Ghostcrawler
    C)Metzen (retired)
    D)Nick Carpenter (The director of Blizzard Cinematic Department)
    E)Craig Amai creator of many quests in World of Warcraft
    And many more.But i believe a,b,c,d,e was the 3/5 of WoW heart

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Its fucking hysterical to me that you think the ones playing dungeons and dragons were the "masculine" ones

>.>

Such revisionist history...
    nice revisionist post, you cherrypicked one word out of mine and went balls out on it

10+ Year Old Account
    nice revisionist post, you cherrypicked one word out of mine and went balls out on it
    Dungeons and dragons, warhammer, swearing and not caring about SJW's.

Truly the epitome of what makes a man.

That's not masculine that's just insecure dipshit afraid of intellectual superiority.

Masculine? Are we talking about a gym simulator mmo or something? What does it have to do with anything wow related?

It encompasses a larger field which defines the character of a person. These days it's ok for a woman to be both feminine and masculine, and in the case where she may be an artist, this will be reflected in her work, as a human being, as an artist pouring part of oneself in their art. She can create a male character in briefs, beefed up like Arnold, charm like Bond and penis the size of a submarine, no one will bat an eyelash.

If you're a man these days however, make a character that's too violent, a woman that's too scantily clad, make anything that's remotely offensive towards anyone, and there's a likely chance you will be attacked because of your masculine, closed-minded sex, if the cause of the "offense" can in some way be related to your sex. It doesn't matter that men like swords and vaginas and that women like ... whatever .... and penises - as a man, society, SJWs, whatever, these days will do anything it can to rip your masculinity away from you, what makes you a guy, a man, a dude, and force you to stifle part of yourself which make you who you are.

It's a disease which I call "total fucking bullshit", ranging from gamergate to actual men complaining a woman looks too sexy in game, to Metzen himself saying how his daughter asked him why Alestrasza was wearing a bikini chain mail in WOTLK and Metzen replying to her "I don't know honey". Because you're a man dipshit, you like T&A.

So that's what I mean with the originals of Blizzard coming from the age of Sex, Drugs and Rock n' roll, they came from an age where all of this bullshit didn't influence the artist, the advertising team, the board of trustees, anyone. You just made shit like Duke Nukem and drew shit like Grom ripping the head of a human knight and stick that in your artbook for Warcraft 2, etc.

It's a big issue, one that can hardly be fully explained in a little post like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Dungeons and dragons, warhammer, swearing and not caring about SJW's.

Truly the epitome of what makes a man.
    Indeed.

This is just another low post-count person trying to spread doom and gloom around an expansion that's been well received and thinly veiled terror of strong women.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed.

This is just another low post-count person trying to spread doom and gloom around an expansion that's been well received.
    So I just need to make 10000 posts of shit like this: "Nope. I love all the zones, which I couldn't say for ANY previous expansion. TBC/WOTLK has the most amount of zones I can't stand.", and I can get the right to speak? Ironic you say you'd live in no other place than Sweden, isn't that place a defender of free speech and shit? Or is it the place where 30% of women get raped every year and are afraid to speak out to the police?

Cool, didn't know these days the amount of posts you make dictates your right to speak.

How am I spreading doom and gloom, I didn't even mention Legion.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-09-26 at 12:08 AM.

So I just need to make 10000 posts of shit like this: "Nope. I love all the zones, which I couldn't say for ANY previous expansion. TBC/WOTLK has the most amount of zones I can't stand.", and I can get the right to speak? Ironic you say you'd live in no other place than Sweden, isn't that place a defender of free speech and shit? Or is it the place where 30% of women get raped every year and are afraid to speak out to the police?

Cool, didn't know these days the amount of posts you make dictates your right to speak.

How am I spreading doom and gloom, I didn't even mention Legion.
    Lmfao, your post just confirmed what I said. GG with proving my point though.

"No developer stay forever, my son."

15+ Year Old Account
    Lmfao, your post just confirmed what I said. GG with proving my point though.
    He's not wrong. You people with 10k+ posts think your opinion means something and you come into threads and call the op wrong every fucking thread on this forum. Your opinion means fuck all and to borrow your lines, if you don't like a thread, why post in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    He's not wrong. You people with 10k+ posts think your opinion means something and you come into threads and call the op wrong every fucking thread on this forum. Your opinion means fuck all and to borrow your lines, if you don't like a thread, why post in it?
    It's not about people expressing opinions though, it's about members with a very low post-count that start to post threads of a certain nature.
    Him claiming that 30% of women in Sweden are raped but "dare not tell the police", when the rape statistics have gone up BECAUSE women are more likely to report sexual harassment, just proves that he's exactly the kind of low post-count member I thought he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    No king rules forever my son.

It's not about people expressing opinions though, it's about members with a very low post-count that start to post threads of a certain nature.
    Him claiming that 30% of women in Sweden are raped but "dare not tell the police", when the rape statistics have gone up BECAUSE women are more likely to report sexual harassment, just proves that he's exactly the kind of low post-count member I thought he was.
    The rates have gone up because women report sexual abuse to private authorities not related to law enforcement, such as psychiatrists, counselors or friends. On top of that you have novels like Stieg Larsson's reporting on the issue too, and they have reached international acclaim, putting this gross problem further in the spotlight.

Not only are you trolling my thread with your "muh posts count" millennial bullshit, you're also ignorant about your own country while claiming your high post count makes you knowledgeable.

Now I understand why your post count is so high, you just type a lot of one-two sentence bullshit posts and go around acting like you're some forum guru.

*checks account join date*

What do you know, a Wrath baby. Coincidence, coincidence. Judging by the fact you consider post count as a representation of intelligence and authority, I'd say that throws you in the 16 year old loner/confused ballpark, with MMO C as your refuge of acceptance and imaginary friends?