Deleted

Crit over Mastery?

Looking at Warcraft logs, a lot of top Hunters seems to be favouring crit over mastery.

Anyone else noticed this, or have anything to share?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hunters don't choose stats. The stats choose the hunter.

I'd love to see a log where a Hunter genuinely has more Crit than Mastery (and where it isn't just a bug in the stat display caused by some proc).

Deleted
    Top 200 Marks entries for Ursoc normal the past 2 weeks on Warcraft logs. I can't post a link because I'm a newb.

Looking at my own logs, compared to these top parses, all my focus using abilities are HITTING much harder, but are critting at 15-25% less than these top logs.

Unless I'm missing something big here, in which case I apologise?

Even taking into mind that a lot of these parses are 'freak' occurrences, the fact that they're critting more, and hitting less hard, seems to suggest a crit > mastery gearing choice?
    Last edited by mmoc05d6018b19; 2016-09-25 at 11:27 PM.

Yeah waste of time sorry.

Deleted
    That's alright, everyone expected you to act like a cunt.

You don't have to be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Amulas View Post

only person here acting like a cunt is you. azor didn't say anything insulting. you can't even say it was overly cynical since you have no context on the internet beyond what the person says. you need to learn some manners.

What i saw was that people were focusing Crit and Mastery instead of Haste and Mastery, but as Marksman i saw some with more crit then mastery, but still focusing mastery with gems, enchants and etc

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    only person here acting like a cunt is you. azor didn't say anything insulting. you can't even say it was overly cynical since you have no context on the internet beyond what the person says. you need to learn some manners.
    What he said.

It's a waste of time to investigate since common sense dictates that there's no merit to what you're posting, and since you can't link to an example I'm not really feeling like browsing through some silly normal logs trying to learn what I already know.

I think you can post links after 10 posts, how about you make your 10th post a good one without crying about not being spoonfed like some 9 year old?

You'd probably be blunt too if you had shitheads coming into every thread, following every post of yours and taking swipes at you just because hunters listen to your advice. Sorry for being off topic but holy shit enough is enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    What he said.

I think you can post links after 10 posts, how about you make your 10th post a good one without crying about not being spoonfed like some 9 year old?
    and how is this not being a cunt? you are the one replieng like a 9 year old how about you grow up and treat people descent or call it a day.

i'd explain hypocrisy to you but it'd go over your head drak

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can ask a question anywhere else on here and get helpful answers. You dare ask a question on the hunter forums and you get berated. Geez it takes nothing to be nice to people.

Look guys/girls I am far from the biggest Azor fan, but he does provide a solid foundation of information. That being said, take all of the information with a grain of salt. His guide is subject to change as the game does or as more information comes in. He is a good source of input and can be brash at times but he is a young guy give him a little slack. There are also other great hunters out there with awesome theory-crafting views. Effin for example

I feel like it's difficult to think Effin has awesome theorycrafting "views" while at the same time finding anything I do worthwhile and vice versa, considering our views on it are completely different. But yeah the appease everyone strategy tends to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    What he said.

It's a waste of time to investigate since common sense dictates that there's no merit to what you're posting, and since you can't link to an example I'm not really feeling like browsing through some silly normal logs trying to learn what I already know.

hahaha I guess if one decides to call down the thunder, they had better be ready to reap the whirlwind

Are you looking at it by comparing the %? Because you should be looking a the total number value to see how much stats they are focusing on. % of Crit, Haste and Mastery will lead you astray.

Stomping-EU Ravencrest 66 World, 1 Hunter. H-Ursoc Mastery > Haste > Crit

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tomping/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=21

Top 200 Marks entries for Ursoc normal the past 2 weeks on Warcraft logs. I can't post a link because I'm a newb.

Looking at my own logs, compared to these top parses, all my focus using abilities are HITTING much harder, but are critting at 15-25% less than these top logs.

Unless I'm missing something big here, in which case I apologise?

Even taking into mind that a lot of these parses are 'freak' occurrences, the fact that they're critting more, and hitting less hard, seems to suggest a crit > mastery gearing choice?
    You don't seem to be considering that the stats they have and the best stats are dictated by unrelated factors. There are after all 12 combinations of stats (considering only single stats and pairs and not the ratios of the two) and only 3 of those combinations that could be considered "best (mastery only, haste only, mastery/haste).

People having high crit and relatively lower haste/mastery, as far as I can tell comes down to the fact that gear with crit on it is still more common than that with the most favored stat/stat pairs (IME at least).

At this stage of the game, most cases people's choice of gear is dictated by random chance in drops. This has been magnified by the titanforging system, since nobody is going to pass over a 865 titanforged Crit/mastery or crit/haste (or even crit/versatility), because they have an 830 Mastery/Haste currently.

You're only going to see people concentrating on specific stats once they start hitting ilvls where the odds of getting higher ilvls are small and they can then start being picky about the stats. As long as people are getting gear with significantly higher ilvls, the greater amounts of stats on a significantly higher ilvl piece will typically outweigh better stat itemization.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2016-09-27 at 01:55 PM.

Yeah you have to look at the raw numbers, not percentages. It might seem like they have more crit but in fact they probably don't.