Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredy View Post
    Sometimes I feel like pseudo-random (I think that's what it's called) would be better, like every time you don't get a thing like legendary or the mount from LK your chances goes up by a certain procent to get it next time, but then again, it wouldn't feel as awesome to finally get the drop when it's pretty much guarantied after a while.
    So, you want a bad luck prevention system that increases your chance of a legendary drop over time? We already have that.

The game is already pseudo-random, all drops in the game are pseudo-random, all damage in the game is pseudo-random. Computers can't generate true random numbers so all RNG in any game is by definition pseudo-random. Minesweeper is pseudo-random.

Pseudo-random does not mean that the chance is increasing over time, it's the name for computer or mathematically generated random numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Or you know, create like I don't know, this is crazy idea - consistent system that you can work towards and the harder you work towards it the better reward you get? People would say "too much grind"? Like farming mythic+ all day for a rng drop isn't grind. At least you have controll over it, not like with rng that they aren't even sure if it's working correctly and twice already it wasn't working at all or was working in a total opposite way that was intended. I mean my idea is crazy, that means someone has to create something, that requires work. Putting everything into RNG is easy, it's lazy but it's easy, just make everything rng and stall as long as you can before userbase catches on that you have no intention of creating content.
    Yes, I agree that working towards something is much better than RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    So, you want a bad luck prevention system that increases your chance of a legendary drop over time? We already have that.

The game is already pseudo-random, all drops in the game are pseudo-random, all damage in the game is pseudo-random. Computers can't generate true random numbers so all RNG in any game is by definition pseudo-random. Minesweeper is pseudo-random.

Pseudo-random does not mean that the chance is increasing over time, it's the name for computer or mathematically generated random numbers.
    OK, whatever it is called then, when you for example have 10 numbers to roll on the first time then 9 the next time and so on.

Deleted
    got to love rng
    my fury warrior alt gt 2 legendary in a row yesterday from wq boxes
    my main = 0 so far

Quote Originally Posted by aenigma1 View Post
    got to love rng
    my fury warrior alt gt 2 legendary in a row yesterday from wq boxes
    my main = 0 so far
    Also much love to a guildy's alt who just dinged 110 a few days back and got one from his very first emissary box.

This whole legendary debacle is pure shit beyond words.

Deleted
    If you do RNG system at least be sure it's working because as we've seen twice now - it doesn't work first time they create it. It kinda defeats the purpose if you hide behind RNG that's broken. But that's just my opinion :v
    RNG worked for your first legendary, then after that just increased chance to get more.
    Sure it's a bug, and everything at this scale will have bugs in it.. Not something special for blizzard games, or even games in general. Only thing you can do about it is report bug and move on, which seems to be really hard for some people that just prefer to whine about it for ages and never ever let it go though, which they think will help someone in some way? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    RNG worked for your first legendary, then after that just increased chance to get more.
    Sure it's a bug, and everything at this scale will have bugs in it.. Not something special for blizzard games, or even games in general. Only thing you can do about it is report bug and move on, which seems to be really hard for some people that just prefer to whine about it for ages and never ever let it go though, which they think will help someone in some way? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The problem is - we report the bug, 90% say it's RNG, blizzard sees this, blizzard says it's RNG, bug is not fixed. Rinse and repeat for several months. That's the problem. People who have no interest in dismissing the bug (other than just counting on being included and swimm in legendary items) and yet they fight so hard to say "rng is rng". THAT'S the problem that I'm trying to show exists for 38 pages now. I don't give a shit how low the chance for first legendary is, the system is stupid anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    And on the other end of the spectrum there are people with no legendaries, gear with only the wrong secondary stats and only one good relic in their weapon because of RNG.
    Yes this is me. I have had barely any luck on my priest for gear for shadow. My stats are awful because I am geared for ilvl currently. I have done my world quests every damn day(dailies derp), and nothing. While several members for my guild have gotten 3 or more legendaries. I just have really bad luck. Even most of my raid group has a fox mount, and I am 2k away from exalted with Nightfallen, and have not gotten that damn quest...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    The problem is - we report the bug, 90% say it's RNG, blizzard sees this, blizzard says it's RNG, bug is not fixed. Rinse and repeat for several months. That's the problem. People who have no interest in dismissing the bug (other than just counting on being included and swimm in legendary items) and yet they fight so hard to say "rng is rng". THAT'S the problem that I'm trying to show exists for 38 pages now. I don't give a shit how low the chance for first legendary is, the system is stupid anyway.
    YOU think the system is stupid, and you have every right to feel that way.. Just realize a lot of people disagree with you, and that's ok aswell!
    I personally am fine with it, even though i hate RNG sometimes aswell. It's just something that i realize i have to deal with when playing an MMO since i know i would enjoy the game way less if i just had to do a grind, get the items i want, and then just be done with my character progression.

And if you report a bug to blizzard, it doesn't matter what people in the forums say about it. If there is any indication that you are correct, blizzard will look in to it.
    People however seem to think that writing random posts about it in the forum, and not even the official forums, will have any impact on something... Especially threads like this that claim to have "Hard cold evidence" when it's just someone who has no idea what evidence even means apparently...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a bug, and in fact just one of so many. But it's a particularly egregious bug in its impact on the playerbase, and on the remainder of the expansion, because there's now quite literally a small elite class who will within the next two weeks have 2 legendaries equipped, and when Blizzard raises the cap, will have 3-4 equipped.

I honestly can't think of any bug in the last 12 years that gave a small group of people such a long-term significant advantage over others. I mean there have been boss exploits and all that kind of thing which helped propel groups to early kills, but those tend to be swiftly dealt with, and they don't give the exploiting group any kind of expansion-long massive advantage over others.

Short of taking back the excess legendary items, which I don't think they would ever do (imagine the further stink that would cause), then literally the only way to "even the playing field" is to ensure the rest of the playerbase gets at least one legendary, and do it soon.

Just reporting in to say I got my second legendary today. I got the first before the fix and the second after obviously.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    literally the only way to "even the playing field" is to ensure the rest of the playerbase gets at least one legendary, and do it soon.
    That is the point of bad-luck-protection though. Sure, it's still RNG, and sure it will take time. But to call it an "expansion-long advantage" is taking it too far..

Would be really interesting to see some actual numbers of amount of players with a specific number of legendaries!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    "You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is.
    How would you possibly know that? That's what we thought last time too - even Blizzard thought so. Turned out everyone was wrong. How can you be so sure it isn't wrong still?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Yes this is me. I have had barely any luck on my priest for gear for shadow. My stats are awful because I am geared for ilvl currently. I have done my world quests every damn day(dailies derp), and nothing. While several members for my guild have gotten 3 or more legendaries. I just have really bad luck. Even most of my raid group has a fox mount, and I am 2k away from exalted with Nightfallen, and have not gotten that damn quest...
    LOL you sound like me, and I say that with the utmost sympathy.

No fox, no legendary, praying for haste gear that never drops.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the point of bad-luck-protection though. Sure, it's still RNG, and sure it will take time. But to call it an "expansion-long advantage" is taking it too far..

Would be really interesting to see some actual numbers of amount of players with a specific number of legendaries!
    Only if the "bad luck protection" actually works. Right now there is no sign that it does, except for people who get a legendary, who then get "bad luck protected" into quickly getting a few more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocendi View Post
    How would you possibly know that? That's what we thought last time too - even Blizzard thought so. Turned out everyone was wrong. How can you be so sure it isn't wrong still?
    I mean, we don't even have to bring back that incident, we have new one http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...d-pvp-gearing/ turns out, they write systems they think work but in reality they don't work at all, in the slightest. Blizzard at works ladies and gents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    "You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is. It's far easier to make things random with a chance than it is to find a way to ensure x-number-of-people get it.
    The number of people with 2 is higher than the number of people with 1.

Only if the "bad luck protection" actually works. Right now there is no sign that it does, except for people who get a legendary, who then get "bad luck protected" into quickly getting a few more.
    we dont know the specifics of the bad luck protection anyway, maybe its not based on effort, ie how many bosses you killed or how many emissary chests you opened, but kinda like AP knowledge, time based, like higher chance each reset etc.

Frankly, given the fact, that our guild has like 9 legendaries, while 3 people got two and 3 got 1, and the rest, like 30 people got nothing, I wouldnt be surprised, if there were more bugs with the droprates

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the days back in Classic when we all believed in "loot seeding"?

Blizzard insisted it didn't exist. However, we could 100% reliably produce each armor class out of our raids by changing who the raid leader was when we zoned in. If we wanted a bunch of plate gear, we knew who to put as raid leader before zoning into Molten Core. Blizzard said no, no way that is happening, but we reproduced this for a year and a half in Molten Core and Blackwing Lair. It took us awhile to figure out who in the raid could generate leather drops, but we found a person who could. We had more people who were plate gens than any other armor type, oddly (and it wasn't at all tied to your own armor type). A few weeks of "drop determination" you could chalk up as coincidence, but not 70+ weeks of clearing those raids with such predictability.

I used to think that maybe somebody somewhere back in the depths of WoW alpha/beta had done it - and here's how it could happen: dev thinks to himself "Hey, this person made an account and rolled a warrior. We should make it such that green world drops have a higher chance of being plate armor type". If you played Classic, you know how important those green world drops were to you because you lived in them in pre-raid WoW. Only the dev was quick and/or lazy and tied that "plate" type to the ACCOUNT instead of the warrior character. So when that person rolled another character, and proceeded to level and raid with it, they could still reliably generate plate drops from dungeon and raid bosses. Who the hell KNOWS how it happened in the code, I just know that it happened.

I hadn't thought of that in years, but it drifted into my mind this morning when I was thinking about this legendary conundrum Blizzard has dealt themselves (and us).

I'm not sure they've ever been really "good" at coding for RNG and loot distribution.

Deleted
    No sign that it doesn't, so no reason to doubt it either... Would be nice to know more details about how it actually works.
    And "bad luck protection" would imply that you get a decreasing chance to get a legendary, which is just a false statement. You just don't have the increased chance untill it starts building up again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocendi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post
    The number of people with 2 is higher than the number of people with 1.
    I'm so frustrated sometimes with how difficult it seems to be to explain what should be simple.

You have a fixed chance for a legendary to drop (say 1%). That chance is affected by bad luck protection (stacking % increased chance) and or/the possible bug with second legendaries Blizzard says they fixed. Whether or not the item actually drops is up to a random number generator based on that chance that you can have an item from sub 1% to 100% (or capped at less than 100%, not sure). That's why I keep saying it is random. Unless it's a 100% chance there is a chance you could never get an item. You could be extraordinarily unlucky and be one of the last people to get a legendary.

Yes, Blizzard says they have "bad luck protection" that is supposed to guarantee that you will get an item. That might not mean 100%, it might just mean so high of a chance it's incredibly unlikely one would never drop, but only they can tell us for sure if it actually hits 100%. I don't know. I'm guessing it's 100% eventually.

Deleted
    Well now, the guy in our guild that got a legendary a few days ago got his second one today.

That's two people that have got a second one less than a week after their first.

And people who have done a lot more content like Mythic+ with none.

Legendaries as random drops, a bad idea from the start and compounded by this bullshit, this bug is evidently not fixed at all. And we have ended up with a permanent clas sof elite players with two and an underclass with none.