Vengeance Issue on Nightmare Dragons

So I am like 848 ilvl and was having a few small issues with feeling kinda squishy on dragons today on heroic. Specifically seems like when I am tanking boss with slimes, and when the boss summons the dragon copies I was just getting hammered and it felt like Demon Spikes really wasnt cutting it. Any helpful advice for this fight?

Could try using the shield talent.
    there buffing the base dmg reduction of spikes by 20%.

stack mastery?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Haytur View Post
    So I am like 848 ilvl and was having a few small issues with feeling kinda squishy on dragons today on heroic. Specifically seems like when I am tanking boss with slimes, and when the boss summons the dragon copies I was just getting hammered and it felt like Demon Spikes really wasnt cutting it. Any helpful advice for this fight?
    Need a bit more information, like armory link at least.

I don't really feel like its a gear issue but sure here is a armory link, also they are nerfing mastery by 50% so isnt that a bad choice? Also if it helps I was using Stam potion and 200 stat food at the time and had lock rocks.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Haytur/simple
    Last edited by Haytur; 2016-09-25 at 10:39 PM.

Main thing that stands out is you have a crap ton of crit, while crit stacking is nice for m+ farming, it's quite lack luster in a raid tanking scenario. I'd recommend trying to get more vers, and more haste. Can't post links yet I guess, but Slaggathorus-Sargeras if you wanna armory my DH, that's the setup I was using for my dragons kill last night.

When the shades come out you pop meta and laugh, because you're cleaving 3+ mobs with 50% leech up. If you're having issues with the slimes it's because your groups need to better control them with aoe stuns and interrupts. Corruption hurts if casts are getting off of them. The guy above is right in that crit isn't doing much for you in a raid, but it doesn't matter. That's not your issue, stat optimization will never be an issue in heroic.

Hitting empower wards for all the breaths also helps. Also curious what your artifact talents look like.

Followed the path from icy veins for artifact only at 18 though have both golden dragons though. I was dps than got asked to tank so 16 dps than 18 tank weapon lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's a lot of crit you have. Also, I'm curious about your talents.
    Use Felblade instead of Flame Crash. I used to run as well with FC but after trying Felblade there's nothing in that tier that can replace it. It gives more pain than Shear. And has fun animation
    I also don't understand why people pick Soul Rending. It's activates either when you pop a long cd, almost died or on a random proc, which rarely happens often, but almost never when you really need it. Feed The Demon is way too good to pass up. Especially if things are ripping through you with physical damage (Tentacles on Il'gynoth, Ursoc, Cenarius and Xavius).

I am more focused on mastery and versatility (40% matery, 9.5% vers, 14% haste, 24% crit), I had no issues tanking the dragons, it was even ridiculously easy. Just swap on a few stacks.

Xavius on the other hand.... that bastard hits like three trucks. About twice as much dps on tanks than everything else except Cenarius (he's moderately stronger than the others). Even harder than Ursoc. And it's mixed physical/magical damage.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2016-09-26 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Versatility is king in raids. Try to aim at atleast ~10% by lowering the crit. I'd replace that crit trinked you have as well, should help some! Also, make sure to swap dragons at 5-6 stacks.

I switch between dps specs, if you see a crit trinket thats because i was dpsing at some point and logged out like that lol. The gear was because i was a dps before i got asked to be a tank there is nothing much i can fully do about it at the moment. I know the stats priorities and stuff thats not something i can address with out some luck lol.,

- - - Updated - - -

Also its really not any other fight i have had issues with just specificly this one on those things, and extra demon spikes up times is useless i get rekt right through it. So i would prefer the extra healing lol. Also I dunno about you but my 5 second demon form procs quite often maybe every other soul cleave it feels like?

15+ Year Old Account
    Then you must be doing something wrong when you get trashed on a not so tank heavy damage fight, even with demon spikes up.
    Or your healers are bad.

The slimes and the shades deal magic damage that's why your spiking so hard when you get triple breath from the shades and the dragon pop empower wards, cycle demon spikes when you can and pop meta. The slime I can get away with just using EW but the shades I pop everything and brand the main dragon