Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I really love outlaw rogue - there is onle one thing i would change...

...please remove the chance to get the same single buff once you reroll. you should never have the chance to get the same single buff while you fish.

what, you dont think getting grand melee 5 times in a row isnt fun?

Wrong forums to post suggestions on. This kinda thing belongs on the official forums.

Never nerf grappling hook. Best spell ever. In fact give it a shorter cool down so I can show them demon hunters how to scale stuff.

Make roll of the bones, rolls 2 buffs all the time, not 1, not 6 buffs, just 2 every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Improvedlol View Post
    Make roll of the bones, rolls 2 buffs all the time, not 1, not 6 buffs, just 2 every time.
    THIS!

I completly agree. Fishing for 2-6 buffs, and at least 2 GOOD buffs constnatly is so annoying Can completly ruin both burst and your dps for the entire fight.

I already said that we should always get 2 random buffs instead of 1-2-3-6.

My logs look horribly(though still decent DPS compared to other players), not sure if I'm retarded or it's because I rolled 5-6 times in a row one buff.

No what they should do is this

"Double or nothing" (sticks with fantasy)
    Your first RtB cost no CP (still requires you to have CP)
    And if you RtB again you lose your points. Nothing changes
    Other than you get a second roll.

This way the DPS feels more fair, we're choosing to face RNG again or Run through, but the RNG factor is still a big play. And instead of wasting 12 CP for two, one rolls. It's only 6.

If they made RTB always roll 2 buffs, I'd love Outlaw. I know some people find the constant fishing and RNG part fun, I just don't. Don't mind some RNG, but rolling a fuckton of crappy 1 buffs makes me want to facedesk.

Yea but always give me two buffs will make outlaw broken. The thing is such a high % of rogues are already outlaw, they're trying to lead them away. If you give outlaw two buffs everytime, you're telling every rogue if you aren't outlaw, there isn't a point. (PVE). I feel pretty broken with no matter what two buffs I have. That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I already said that we should always get 2 random buffs instead of 1-2-3-6.

My logs look horribly(though still decent DPS compared to other players), not sure if I'm retarded or it's because I rolled 5-6 times in a row one buff.
    If your logs are bad it's because you're not playing the class right, not because of "single rolls". Most high ranked players have consistently good logs from boss to boss in the first week alone; it's not like there was perfect RNG on 14 different bosses. Just work on the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    If your logs are bad it's because you're not playing the class right, not because of "single rolls". Most high ranked players have consistently good logs from boss to boss in the first week alone; it's not like there was perfect RNG on 14 different bosses. Just work on the class.
    That is probably the cause, also no second pots and only crit food. Though on some bosses where we wiped I had ~20-30k DPS more than on the kills.

But nonetheless I have to work on the spec more.

I'm happy with the Roll the Bones mechanic. It's somewhat RNG but still bearable. But The main reason I play it is Grappling Hook.

That said, I wish you wouldn't lose the buffs when you re-roll. My first thought when I heard about the skill was that the buffs would remain, and it would be a gamble to waste combo points just to refresh a buff you already have. And getting all the buffs would be a huge investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    ^this.
    We cleared 7/7 hc & i'm 90%+ on every boss but ursoc - with 97 on Dragons of Nightmare, 99 on Cenarius and 95 on Xavius.
    However ursoc can be quite funny. 1 try b4 we killed him (5% wipe) i was at 350k dps. next try i had to run 4 times and had really unlucky rolls and ended up with 250k dps lol

Xavius is a weird fight too because the faster you kill it the worse you'll rank; we ended up 12 for guild speed but no one broke 75th percent. Can already tell this is going to be a challenging tier of padding once farm starts with spider boss, Ilgynoth, etc.

The thing is, rolling a single buff multiples times in a row is far more annoying than rolling 6 buffs is fun. The fun you have for getting 3 or 6 buffs sometimes does NOT make up for the hell that is rolling 1 buff eight times in a row.

The qq is so real in this thread. Jesus christ. When will you people learn, if you wanna play Outlaw, LEARN HOW TO ROLL or play another spec. Stop blaming your dps on bad rolls because it isn't the rolls thats the problem. It's your rotation and or rolling that's holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    The qq is so real in this thread. Jesus christ. When will you people learn, if you wanna play Outlaw, LEARN HOW TO ROLL or play another spec. Stop blaming your dps on bad rolls because it isn't the rolls thats the problem. It's your rotation and or rolling that's holding you back.
    I haven't seen anyone here doing that... I think you need to calm down a little...

What I do here in this thread is a lot of "please reduce the RNG," which I strongly disagree with. 1) It's a big part of spec identity. If you don't like it, the spec isn't for you. And 2) To my mind, it's a part of why Outlaw's obscene "potential damage" is balanced.

All that said, I feel like making it impossible to roll the same SINGLE buff twice in a row is a pretty good one. Heck, if you wanna be really creative, maybe make it so that if you roll the same buff twice in a row, you get TWO of that buff (making it doubly effective...)

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    I haven't seen anyone here doing that... I think you need to calm down a little...

What I do here in this thread is a lot of "please reduce the RNG," which I strongly disagree with. 1) It's a big part of spec identity. If you don't like it, the spec isn't for you. And 2) To my mind, it's a part of why Outlaw's obscene "potential damage" is balanced.

All that said, I feel like making it impossible to roll the same SINGLE buff twice in a row is a pretty good one. Heck, if you wanna be really creative, maybe make it so that if you roll the same buff twice in a row, you get TWO of that buff (making it doubly effective...)
    Crying about completely changing RTB to always give 2 rolls is qq to me. RTB doesn't need to be changed. You still do acceptable dps even if you no-brained using RTB. You do competitive/top-tier when you actually know what you're doing. No, they shouldn't make it impossible to roll the same buff twice in a row. It's just fine the way it is.

You lower the reward when you lower the risk. No one who knows how to actually play an outlaw rogue wants that. The only ones that do are the ones who either A. should learn how to play or B. should play another spec.

You seem really tense/judgmental. I'm glad I don't know you IRL or have to deal with you on VOIP.

I certainly don't think everyone who wants the very-lame-feeling of re-rolling the same buff is bad and needs to L2P.