Is crit the best stat for Vengeance 5-man after mastery nerf?

With Mastery being nerfed hard would Crit be a top stat for demonhunter tanks in 5-man now?

(Haste seems to be top priority for raids and that stays unaffected).

Since demonhunters dualwield i find it to be in the nature of the class to aim for high parrychance, hence high critchance.
    Is this what is intended for the class by Blizzard? I find it natural and hope that it is so.

What secondary to aim for as a demonhunter tank do seem to be impossible to agree about, every guide is different.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess that's the beauty about DH tanks. You can probably pick any stat and still not feel (very) gimped, unless you went too far.
    I myself prefer haste. I love the fluidity when I can spam skills. After that comes mastery, which is both flat damage increase as well as giving more power to my favorite skill (I have yet to see how this will affect my stats after the nerf).
    After that comes versatility and crit. Versatility is a boring stat imo. But yeah, it boosts everything.
    I would not go crazy on crit. Demon Spikes already give a lot of parry, even more so when you get Defensive Spikes. My parry is 10-12% (can't remember) and goes up to 30% when I have Demon Spikes up, 40% for the first 3 seconds after I activate Demon Spikes. And I have about 80% uptime on Demon Spikes (I seriously don't know when to use Fiery Brand since I'd hate to have it activated at the same time as Demon Spikes).

Mastery is probably not getting a hard nerf. The stat prio stays the same.
    For Raid
    Survival: Vers > Haste >= Mastery > Crit
    DPS: Mastery = Crit >= Vers >= Haste
    For Mythic+
    M+: Mastery > Crit >= Vers > Haste

I don't know what guides you are looking at. All of the main ones say the same thing.

Deleted
    Crit has a super low impact on your survivability and it will remain like that until a new mechanic appears. Hotfix is just buffing baseline and nerfing the scaling of mastery, Vers > Haste > Mastery > Crit is probably the new priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narrae View Post
    Crit has a super low impact on your survivability and it will remain like that until a new mechanic appears. Hotfix is just buffing baseline and nerfing the scaling of mastery, Vers > Haste > Mastery > Crit is probably the new priority.
    That's the stat priority for survivability, usually used for raids. In 5 man content such as Mythic plus, Mastery>Crit>=vers has been our 5 man Priority, and will probably stay that way even after the minor nerf, even tank damage is hugely important in M+ because most of your time is spent on trash where DH cleave really shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrae View Post
    While correct you got to look at it another way.
    id rather have a tank with high dmg than a healer with mediocre, healer gotta heal no matter what, and tank gotta hit shit no matter what, meaning it would be more benefitial if you increase the tanks dmg and and slightly increase dmg intake, than having lower dmg intake and lower dmg whilst a healer can do a couple of thousand dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Mastery is probably not getting a hard nerf. The stat prio stays the same.
    My mastery took a 50% hit. Mastery is now total garbage. I went from 42% to 21% damage reduction with spikes. that is a pretty Hard nerf in my books.

you lost 11%, that's a lot but not that much.

Deleted
    With so many items giving crit for Veng DH I do think Blizzard intended to make it a very important stat for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    My mastery took a 50% hit. Mastery is now total garbage. I went from 42% to 21% damage reduction with spikes. that is a pretty Hard nerf in my books.
    No you didn't, your reading comprehension just failed.

Your mastery bonus went from 42% to 21% after the nerf, but the actual DS damage reduction remained at almost exactly 42% since the baseline reduction got buffed.

Same happened to me. 43% DS before patch, 41% DS after patch. Almost no change at all, that 2% might even have come from equipping something I got from the chest and losing some mastery.

The only thing that got nerfed is the very high end mastery scaling, if you're sitting in the 40-50% DS range you will feel pretty much zero change.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    No you didn't, your reading comprehension just failed.

Your mastery bonus went from 42% to 21% after the nerf, but the actual DS damage reduction remained at almost exactly 42% since the baseline reduction got buffed.

Same happened to me. 43% DS before patch, 41% DS after patch. Almost no change at all, that 2% might even have come from equipping something I got from the chest and losing some mastery.

The only thing that got nerfed is the very high end mastery scaling, if you're sitting in the 40-50% DS range you will feel pretty much zero change.
    That's not true at all. Mastery was nerfed by 50% and base was increased from 10% to 20%.
    If he was at 42% mastery bonus before the nerf, he had 52% damage reduction (42%+10%) and now has 41% (21%+20%), which means that during Demon spikes he takes around 23% more damage than before the nerf (59% damage taken instead of 48% damage taken -> 59/48 = 1,23 -> 23% more)