Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vengence tank nerf. how bad?

how bad is the new nerf havn't been able to test it i yet.

but from what i can see if u have 50% mastery u get 25% dmg reduction and not 50% while demon spike is now 20% so 45% vs 60%? so a 15% nerf?

15+ Year Old Account
    Was stacking versa and crit anyways. Didnt notice any diference while tanking.

Deleted
    I don't think the nerf is yet. As far as I know, if you have less than 7k mastery it's a slight buff but if you have more it's a slight nerf (and a scaling nerf). Honestly wouldn't worry about it, just like with Guardians they don't want mastery to get out of hand

Then again, one could make the argument that vengeance in its current iteration isn't really among the stronger tanks for progression

It only hurts if you were planning to stack mastery even after getting raid gear - at which point your highest level gear won't all have mastery. It's never fun getting nerfed, but I don't think this one was a big deal in the overall scheme of things.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

First: I play a vengeance tank
    Second: I am very happy that blizzard finally adjust demonhunters. Everybody and their mother play a demonhunter now, we need diversity. As the situasion is now the meta for 2man-arena seems to be 2 x havoc. I could easily se more adjustment necessary.
    third: Im very pleased about the changes to soul cleave for pvp, its good for balance and makes it possible to have a little more fun in arena. Vengeance is not tuned for arena at all- as blizzard just stated - but this is a good step in the right direction.
    fourth: The nerf to mastery together with the buff to demonspikes seems as correct and good tuning , makes other choices for secondary stat more viable.

Deleted
    I wouldn't see it as a nerf but more as tuning. In practice, I'm personally going to prioritize versatility a bit more than I previously did since I'm already at a good amount of mastery, but that's about all the thought I'm putting into this change.

not a big nerf but vengeance wasnt even strong to begin with. so we will not be fine after the nerf obviously

Based on trade chat, vengence got nerfed into the ground and is basically no longer a tank.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go Versatility and Haste now then?

Vers>Haste>Mastery>Crit

Quote Originally Posted by locice View Post
    I wouldn't see it as a nerf but more as tuning. In practice, I'm personally going to prioritize versatility a bit more than I previously did since I'm already at a good amount of mastery, but that's about all the thought I'm putting into this change.
    A "tuning" that ends with a spec being worse than before is literally the definition of a nerf.

How much of a glass half full guy can you be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    A "tuning" that ends with a spec being worse than before is literally the definition of a nerf.

How much of a glass half full guy can you be
    How does it make the class worse when Mastery isn't the best stat anyway? Just lower the Mastery and get some more Haste and be as good as before.

once these changes go through i will lose a whopping 16% or so defense on a skill i never use except when i have to for a mechanic/have 2 stacks so it makes no difference

Quote Originally Posted by locice View Post
    How does it make the class worse when Mastery isn't the best stat anyway? Just lower the Mastery and get some more Haste and be as good as before.
    With less DPS

It makes pretty much no difference. People are overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    once these changes go through i will lose a whopping 16% or so defense on a skill i never use except when i have to for a mechanic/have 2 stacks so it makes no difference
    you never use demon spikes..? Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Sometimes it's not needed, I can run +5 mythics without using it because we'd rather have more DPS and my healer can deal with it.

Now, never though? That's insane, it's really great for progression.

As for me, the change won't effect me much, I never stacked mastery. I have almost exactly 30% mastery (12% base+18% gear), so after the change I'll have 29%, OH THE HORROR, I lost 1% physical dmg reduction on an ability that has roughly 40% uptime, we're definitely completely incapable of tanking now.

Quote Originally Posted by allana View Post
    I don't think the nerf is yet. As far as I know, if you have less than 7k mastery it's a slight buff but if you have more it's a slight nerf (and a scaling nerf). Honestly wouldn't worry about it, just like with Guardians they don't want mastery to get out of hand

Then again, one could make the argument that vengeance in its current iteration isn't really among the stronger tanks for progression
    7K seems high for it to still be a buff. It will only be a slight bump for me at 4300 (currently base+18%, will be base+9% after the hotfix so a net gain of 1%) from 40>41% but I'm not sure if diminishing returns occur on our mastery.

so what would the stat priorirty be for M+ dungeons now? I don't really care about the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    like the other guy said its not needed, on heroic EN its still the same story only use it if i absolutely have to, RNG parry chance is unreliable, and everything that actually hurts me is magic damage so it does nothing to help, take the first boss nyth whatever, the only thing it helps me do is stop some auto attack damage, id rather spam all my pain into soul cleave to keep myself topped up than pray to RNG. I'm not a huge number freak but honestly i cant tell a difference when i have it up or not and atm it SAYS it reduces damage by 55%, but it gives me the same feeling ironfur does, it reduces damage, but not by as much as it says and it feels like a mental thing.
    Last edited by Neudgae; 2016-09-26 at 08:34 PM. Reason: fixing typos