Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    The mental gymnastics you have to perform to come out with a statement like this is quite impressive. No raid leader in the world would sit a mage in favor of more melee.

Every other spec that was performing as an outlier on a given encounter, except for fire and feral, was nerfed. Havoc was hit on both AOE and ST, shadow on AOE and ST, arms on ST, but fire is/was in with these specs on being an outlier and it escaped any nerfs. That is understandable, because Mage, but I do find it curious that feral escaped nerfs despite having almost identical performance (if you discount the 99th percentile) to arms in every fight.

Bottom line is that you don't need to come up with lame excuses to defend your class/spec; Blizzard will do that for you. If you aren't the best at something Blizzard will step in and make you the best at it. If I were you I would just stay silent and enjoy it.
    Haha came to say this...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/

Mage is #1 or #2 ranged dps in every encounter and does even better when you switch to 95th percentile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Haha came to say this...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/

Mage is #1 or #2 ranged dps in every encounter and does even better when you switch to 95th percentile.
    Well from what I saw at 75% mages were only in the top 2 in the last 2 bosses most of the time we are hovering around #5 which isnt bad but certainly not op. and the reason behind fire being top at Xavius is the last phase padding on the tentacles. (Not the the spec has any control over it ofc).

Where are the fire buffs? Fire AOE needs a major buff. Single target is marginal. I have 20/20 mythic clears on the Asmongold raid.

OP, lololol. Fire is fine, l2p.

Deleted
    Amusing post OP ^^

Too bad there isn't a single shred of evidence to support your ridiculous claims. Every single log and sim out there, shows other classes on top in single target and MOST classes above us in AOE.

Deleted
    He's right about hunters, they're so far ahead of the top caster, it's ridiculous. Hunters MM and BM are in dire need of a heavy nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    He's right about hunters, they're so far ahead of the top caster, it's ridiculous. Hunters MM and BM are in dire need of a heavy nerf.
    lol BM is third to last in the latest sims

Curious what melee you guys think comfortably outdps's Mage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    lol BM is third to last in the latest sims
    yeah and warlocks are ranked 1. See how realistic those are? ^^

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe fire is where they want RDPS to be and they're trying to bring the other specs closer to it?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's okay BM hunters have unlimited mobility we are fine at the bottom

All mages have is their damage output. In M+ it's literally the only thing we bring to the table. We can't AE disable in any way. And right now that is the meta for getting to M+10. Other classes bring great utility in addition to damage. I don't think mages need to be nerfed.

Deleted
    Blizzard said they rather buff other underperforming spec rather than nerfing one to hard so it becomes unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by tordenguden View Post
    Blizzard said they rather buff other underperforming spec rather than nerfing one to hard so it becomes unplayable
    They also had 8 months worth of feedback during beta yet here we are a month into live having to do ridiculously high buffs/nerfs. Bet all those DHs loved pouring a month worth of work into their artifact for their spec to buried farther underground than wrath ret paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And the good news is it has the same overall effect. If you buff the bottom 2 specs to be better than the top spec you've effectively nerfed the top spec to be unplayable in progression.
    hardly unplayable, fire is still the mechanically superior spec but you're right that buffing the other 2 spec is an effective nerf to fire in terms of overall viability but that doesnt change that the playstyle of fire is just plain better in every aspect of the game, hence why fire will be superior still.

I'm new to the class, but i find fire mage to be pretty mediocre when it comes to dungeon trash dps.. There's no problem with boss dps but i'm always struggling to keep up with the other classes when it comes to trash

Mage has always and will always be protected by the designers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Mage has always and will always be protected by the designers.
    its funny tho, coz a lot of mages always say that the devs love locks but i dont think a class has been as consistently OP as mage.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    its funny tho, coz a lot of mages always say that the devs love locks but i dont think a class has been as consistently OP as mage.
    Druids have I think always been really good. Balance maybe not so much but Feral is generally always strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    People see 5 mil DPS from living bomb on Darkheart Thicket Dresaron trash and flip over that shit. Yes, fire mage is one of top DPS specs now, but they are hardly overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    yeah and warlocks are ranked 1. See how realistic those are? ^^
    Because those sims are updated for the class hotfix changes that aren't live yet. After the changes, demo lock will absolutely be the #1 spec at a Patchwerk fight. Obviously real fights aren't Patchwerk (even Ursoc has some movement), but it just goes to show demo's potential.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm new to the class, but i find fire mage to be pretty mediocre when it comes to dungeon trash dps.. There's no problem with boss dps but i'm always struggling to keep up with the other classes when it comes to trash
    Fire just isn't very good on dungeon trash in a typical dungeon. For fire to really shine on trash, you need to be doing massive pulls - like 2-3 packs at once. Fire is pretty mediocre at those 2-4 mob pulls that most dungeon trash is consisted of.