Cenarius: Bramble Swarm

Going over some logs of other guilds that killed him on heroic and I see they manage to mark players (with a skull) that are being targetted by the Bramble Swarm.

The Bramble Swarm was actually a huge issue for us to deal with since nobody knew when it was targetting them since there is no debuff, aura or w/e to tell you if you are being fixated. This was mostly an issue when we had to stack (to cleanse or for ancient) and nobody knew who the brambles was fixating.

Does anyone know which addon or weakaura is providing this marking?
    It is not BigWigs and I doubt it is DBM but having this marking is gamebreaking on this encounter tbh so I would really like to acquire it for my guild.
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2016-09-26 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Going over some logs of other guilds that killed him on heroic and I see they manage to mark players (with a skull) that are being targetted by the Bramble Swarm.

The Bramble Swarm was actually a huge issue for us to deal with since nobody knew when it was targetting them since there is no debuff, aura or w/e to tell you if you are being fixated. This was mostly an issue when we had to stack (to cleanse or for ancient) and nobody knew who the brambles was fixating.

It is not BigWigs and I doubt it is DBM but having this marking is gamebreaking on this encounter tbh so I would really like to acquire it for my guild.
    Afaik when I did that encounter I had DBM screaming at me when it was fixated on me.

DBM doesn't tell you if it's fixated, it tells you if you are near the spawn so that people will see your chat bubble to know where the bramble spawned. Celestraza, do you have a link to some of the logs with it? I can show them to the guy who writes DBM and he might be able to figure it out if they're just being really careful with watching the brambles or if they have a WA for it

Deleted

We have me and another rogue in the raid clearing them all the time but i agree its a bit of a problem that you dont get a debuff or anything when its on you

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't know what marked. Either Exorsus Raid tools or Big Wigs as they are the only raid addons we are using. But it doesn't really help cause the bramble patch doesn't follow the skull marked target most of the time. People just gotta open their eyes and watch it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mg#view=replay

There's no debuff or anything. Just see where it is and move away from it and pray for dispels when you screw up, not much else to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cmlnvHf_3U

Here in our kill DBM would mark a skull for the initial target, but it couldn't do anything when it switched targets.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can see it on /say , people who get fixated will announce it ...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    You can see it on /say , people who get fixated will announce it ...
    Incorrect. The person it spawns on isn't necessarily the person it's fixated on, and there's only an announcement on the person it spawns on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    There's no debuff or anything. Just see where it is and move away from it and pray for dispels when you screw up, not much else to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cmlnvHf_3U

Here in our kill DBM would mark a skull for the initial target, but it couldn't do anything when it switched targets.
    So it was DBM marking with skull. Well that at least helps since you know who the hell you need to move away from (even if it is not fixating on you).
    Anyhow, seems this boss is just tedious to deal with 30 people, facerolled it with a smaller group.

The bramble swarm, I think, targets the closest player similar to the voidfiends on Xhul. Can anyone confirm or deny this? We think it retargets the closest on every tick.