Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play Prot Pally and I was having a blast the first few weeks.

Didn't really care about the damage nerf, but the Light of the Protector nerf has made it a lot less fun for me. Playing fast and hard with most of my survivability in my own hands was fun. Being entirely reliant on the healer... Not fun. Especially playing as the tank who, in addition to blood DKs, has always had an abundance of self-healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Resto Druid main. Friggin' awesome as usual and is playing exactly as it should. Really liking the mobile Tranq.
    OS is guardian and it feels very strong and I am confident with it.
    I personally hate feral now but am practicing and trying to get better. Was CoS for all of WoD and miss the playstyle...it would be OP for mythic+.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

On the flipside I do not like the new disc priest. Atonement feels like AIDS. Or rather anti-AIDS since everyone keeps losing it.

Not sure who thought "no direct heals and atonement that must be applied every 15sec, individually" sounded like fun.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My Hunter was the first character I created in Vanilla and has been my main since then. Primarily played MM for most of my time playing the game. I think it's currently much, much worse than it has ever been.

Haven't really played anything else in Legion, so far.
    I agree, MM is awful. It's just so boring. I mean MM has always been a 3-4 button rotation so I don't know how they managed to make it feel so boring. My primary alt has always been my MM Hunter but I'm definitely shelving it for now because it's just so mind-numbingly dumb.

I play a Boomkin and of course we got major changes because when was the last time Balance went from one expansion to the next without major changes? I'm really enjoying the flow of the rotation and loveeeeee the Moonmoon spell added with our artifact. It is very satisfying getting a 2 million Full Moon crit and I hope they bake that spell in for the next expansion but knowing them we'll be changed completely again to not even use Astral Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior tank .. seems about normal. i'm still a little mad they took away enrage regen. I miss it. victory rush is fine for questing, but let's face it, you don't tend to get the killing blow as a tank in raids. I almost forgave them after the base prot ability on the weapon. *a rather nice block/aoe damage*. Almost.

Druid: Was resto still resto
    I still love it. Without gear (AP), felt weak, i couldn't just lolligag around, i had to stay focused. Now that I've gotten some gear and weapon upgrades and pay attention, I feel much better. I love the added firepower.

Hunter: Was MM, leveled a new SV
    I love it. So fun imo, love love love it. I like having a pet again. Cool shit
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Interesting thread. My 2c:

Balance: I personally loved the "swinging" Astral Power playstyle. (At least, I loved the idea behind it... landing a perfect Starfire still felt kind of underwhelming even when I played it right.) Anyway, it's pretty cool now, too. I'm happy to see Moonfire/Sunfire separate again, and the new Astral Power isn't bad. I'd say it's even a slight improvement. Plus, the Scythe of Elune... sexy.

Feral: I don't know why they've left this spec so unchanged over the years, but damn. I am so bored of Rip maintenance it's ridiculous. Ditched my Feral.

Combat/Outlaw: There's a reason it's so popular - it's very fun. With the exception of "unlucky streaks" of 1-buff-rolls and no Saber Strike procs, it's awesome. Getting six buffs guarantees a "WOOOOOOOOOOO!" on VOIP...

Windwalker: Why haven't they changed that ***awful*** FoF animation yet? It looks even goofier now that you can walk while doing it. Anyway, the mastery change was really interesting and the playstyle is slightly improved.

Frost DK: Unimproved. The primary Artifact Trait is embarrassing and lazy. Blizz ought to be ashamed.

Enhancement Shaman: Pretty neat. The new animations are sexy, although -- call me crazy -- I can't tell much difference in the playstyle. Still quite proc-based and a little faceroll-y in a slimy-yet-satisfying sort of way. Slightly improved.

Been warrior since BC but been a rogue for legion

Assassination is the same as wod
    Sub is worse I don't like it as much
    Outlaw though is what I play and it's alot of fun, favorite spec so far.

Don't like what they did with sub at all with the shadow dance charges. Only played sub for the later half of wod but that was alot more fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Paladin (retribution): Better. Ret paladins were always fun to play for me but the rearrangement and addition of new spells I think made them better and more fun to play.
    Really? I hate ret now, so much so I ended up choosing the prot artifact first. The spec I fell in love with in Wrath has been absolutely gutted. It seems like in every consecutive expansion they've removed more and more abilities from it to the point where it's now just 4 buttons. It feels so boring and unsatisfying now. I also hate that 3 Holy Power is required for the only AoE ability.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    I play resto druid and it is ok.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2016-09-26 at 06:22 PM.

Altoholic thoughts incoming. :P

Paladin (Ret): Worse. There's barely anything left to this spec. It's been reduced to 4 buttons and a single AoE that requires 3x Holy Power to use.

Shaman (Elemental): Due to the increasing focus on movement oriented fights the lack of mobility has become a huge detriment, especially considering the spells don't hit hard enough for the long cast times and requirement of being stationary. Earth Shock damage is laughably low with a full bar of maelstrom. I was so excited to see Earthquake wasn't channeled anymore only to discover it requires quite a bit of maelstrom to use now. The artifact buff costs a GCD and the DPS increasing cooldowns are too long especially compared to other classes. A lot of this has less to do with pruning and more to do with the spec itself.

Druid (Feral): Doesn't feel much different. I find it strange that some class/specs were reduced to 4 buttons while this one I still have 10+ abilities I use with frequency. It actually could've used some more pruning.

Priest (Shadow): Feels the same as BC with the addition of void form.

Hunter (BM/MM): They stripped too much out of BM & MM to create the new Survival spec. I miss things like traps. MM especially with Sidewinders being the preferred talent (replaces both Arcane & Multishot) feels so awkward to me. I get that it's technically a DPS increase, but you lose an ability (spammable at that) and gain a cooldown in the process. I've been BM since vanilla, but the spec has increasingly lost its appeal. I loved having a strong animal companion, now I apparently have an entire zoo of random animals I bust out every fight. Thanks to the Lone Wolf talent in MM, choosing that spec with a pet isn't even a viable option because it's a DPS loss. There's basically no way to play the type of hunter I want to, that I was used to, without gimping myself.

Warlock (Affliction), my biggest gripe was the removal of Shadowbolt from the spec. Mage (Arcane) doesn't seem much different. Warrior (Arms) seemed great. DK (all) definitely feels whittled down, Frost isn't as powerful (or fun) as I remember and Unholy has become the DK version of the Beast Mastery spec. I don't have a high level rogue or monk to comment on either.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Sublety Rogue (current main): Took some getting used to the changes, but I've ended up loving it in the end. Loads of mobility, virtually unkillable, and enough going on rotation wise to keep it interesting. They've also somehow succeeded in making rogues more visually interesting to play, especially sub. It's the lowest dps spec for rogues right now, but whatever, I'm one of those play-what-you-enjoy people.

Assassination: Hasn't changed much. Basically a melee DoT spec. Pretty slow, very easy, a good spec if you want to focus on learning mechanics, or just want to chill out.

Outlaw: I seem to be in an extremely small minority here, but I hate this spec. Mostly because I'm not into the pirate theme. What's with Blizz trying to make pirates a thing in all their games? In Hearthstone it's more 50/50 between warriors and rogues, but I'm annoyed they decided to just saddle rogues with it in WoW. Gameplay wise it's as spammy as Combat ever was. It's also arguably the best spec right now, so 99.9% of rogues are playing it, along with a boatload of re-rollers. Hop aboard matey?

For my alts:
    Balance Druid: Fun rotation, visually awesome, favourite caster spec I've played.
    Resto Druid: Almost hasn't changed at all??
    Afflock: Man they went all-in on DoTs this time around. Chill out, refresh your dots. Awkward as hell in 5 mans as usual.
    Demolock: Throwing demons at your enemies is hilarious. BUT, using DE every other cast gets old pretty fast. Spec doesn't seem finished.
    MM Hunter: Sidewinders may be my least favourite ability ever created in WoW. But any other build is a massive dps loss. So you have to pick between being useful and hating hunter, or being useless and having fun.
    Survival Hunter: Hugely fun, unique rotation, unique tinkery abilities, harpoon is great. I'm used to playing melee though, I can understand why long time hunter players would hate it. Weirdly bad at actually surviving, coming from a rogue player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had two mains since the beginning of Classic: a druid and a hunter.

The druid is VASTLY improved over the years. I won't say it's perfect in Legion but it's very close. It still needs some things adjusted but overall very good and lots of fun to play.

The hunter is decimated. Lots of changes for good and for ill over the 12 years, but this Legion rework destroyed my hunter. Not even a recognizable class anymore; it's like standing at a distance throwing rocks.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I main a Mage and it doesn't feel very fun. I don't feel like a glass cannon most of the time; more like a glass slingshot. Every fight is a slog and I have to be very concerned about pulling more than 1 mob at a time, else pop cooldowns every fight. It shouldn't be this hard and I have a decent ilevel but my gear doesn't seem to be reflected in my performance versus freshly-dinged 110. I guess I suck /rolleyes
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played all Classes in WoD, currently got three at 110 and working on more.

Death Knight (Unholy) - More simplified, but works well. Apocalypse is fun and really functions.
    Death Knight (Frost) - Artifact ability is dull, spec seems even more simple than before. Not really had any reason to swap from UH to Frost. Seemed better in WoD.
    Death Knight (Blood) - Straight up dislike the change for Death Strike to now be Runic Power. Much preferred MoP and WoD Version.

Warrior (Arms) - Plays better than WoD no doubt. However, undeniably disappointed with Executes damage so far in PVP and dislike some of the Talent row options.
    Warrior (Fury) - Painful to play when getting the Artifact Weapon due to no Victory Rush. It's okay, but it was much easier to play Arms for the Fury Artifact acquisition.
    Warrior (Prot) - Ignore Pain seems daft to me. Thought Block and Barrier worked fine, so don't understand why the changes were needed.

Mage (Fire) - Pretty good. Pyroblast is obviously more spammable now, so the ability feels weaker to me, but it plays well.
    Mage (Frost) - Great fun to play at 100. Talents are really nice and plenty of options

Rogue (Outlaw) - Prefer Combat overall, Outlaw has too much RNG to be considered reliable. Pistol Shot and Between the Eyes are cool however.
    Rogue (Assassination) - A Master of Poisons and Assasination that seems to spurt blood everywhere and make an absolute mess.

Paladin (Retribution) - Ret didn't need Colossus Smash. It feels like the Talents make you choose between AoE and Single Target, which to me is horrid for Dungeons.
    Druid (Balance) - Seems pretty fun compared to WoD. I actually like it.
    Druid (Restoration) - Barely changed from what I can tell, so no complaints.
    Shaman (Enhancement) - Fits the theme perfectly about Enhancing Weapons with powers of the Elements. Much better.
    Warlock (Destruction) - Had a perfect formula in my eyes for MoP and WoD. No idea why they felt the need to change it.
    Hunter (All Specs) - Requesting reversal to WoD. SV is interesting, but as a Hunter you expect to play at range and will in a Raid Environment. MM seems overly simple. BM seems overly simple. Maybe its more fun to play at 110 but I have no rush for that.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Enhancement doesn't feel better or worse than WOD, just different.

Deleted
    I have played only a mage since 2007 and yes it is fun. I dabbled in a druid and DK once but did not last long. Mage only for me , yesseree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I main a Mage and it doesn't feel very fun. I don't feel like a glass cannon most of the time; more like a glass slingshot. Every fight is a slog and I have to be very concerned about pulling more than 1 mob at a time, else pop cooldowns every fight. It shouldn't be this hard and I have a decent ilevel but my gear doesn't seem to be reflected in my performance versus freshly-dinged 110. I guess I suck /rolleyes
    Doesnt sound like you are mage quality, no offence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot paladin: was more fun in WoD
    WW monk: about the same, maybe even a little more fun
    Frost mage: about the same
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction Warlock is great if you want to always have a 500k shield and hit like a limp dick.

They did everything possible MoP -> WoD to make this spec horrible, and then finally in HFC we were one of the top single target specs, but our AoE and burst sucked.
    Hey now in Legion ST AoE and burst sucks.

On the plus side nothing kills me. I can literally ignore all boss damage in Dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a hunter and I feel like the class has been completely ruined and robbed of it's identity. I like Legion a lot, but my main, the hunter plays like shit.