Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    south side houston. not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    Has anyone seen the sharia law pushing lawyer whose job it was to put moslem refugees on taxpayer benefits since he took his website down after speaking at the DNC?

The Washington mall was a TURKISH moslem and the St Cloud mall attack was a Somali moslem. But lets talk about it being the guns fault.
    This...is drivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this another "Mexican" like the one in Washington?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gun...F3N?li=BBnb7Kz

Nathan Desai
    Oops. Guess not. Wondering why he and the nutter in Washington did it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This...is drivel.
    Whenever someone says "moslem" I can't help but to think they are uneducated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post

I think the law firm he worked at closed down or something.
    Last edited by Clone; 2016-09-26 at 07:02 PM.

I love how whenever a "man" shoots someone, people immediately post about Muslims and Islam even if it is 100% unrelated. At least wait until confirmation until you start with your rants.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Did anyone else read this in the voice of Ann Coulter?
    You know, I try not to laugh at these tragedies..... but this one got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

You do know that, given the prevalence of hispanic gangs in the area, suspecting a hispanic perpetrator wasn't exactly a stretch, given the description they had from witnesses?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Checking my wall to see if my AR-15 was involved......... yep, still there. Kill count for my privately owned weapons remains zero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You do know that, given the prevalence of hispanic gangs in the area, suspecting a hispanic perpetrator wasn't exactly a stretch, given the description they had from witnesses?
    Ahem, that would be racial profiling. More likely it was one of those right-wing nutter Trump supporters, because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You're right. A man of Middle Eastern decent committing a mass shooting in Texas instead of a Latino was a pretty far fetched story to me. Which is why I made the joke. You wouldn't really expect a Latino to commit a mass shooting in Washington state but it would make sense for it to happen in Texas. Instead, both were Middle Eastern decent. Pretty strange. :/

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, has the US had a single day this year without a shooting of some kind in the news? Not nation bashing here, I'm genuinely curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    More likely it was one of those right-wing nutter Trump supporters
    Sad thing is, you're probably right.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    So, has the US had a single day this year without a shooting of some kind in the news? Not nation bashing here, I'm genuinely curious.
    The us is a pretty big place

You're right. A man of Middle Eastern decent committing a mass shooting in Texas instead of a Latino was a pretty far fetched story to me. Which is why I made the joke. You wouldn't really expect a Latino to commit a mass shooting in Washington state but it would make sense for it to happen in Texas. Instead, both were Middle Eastern decent. Pretty strange. :/
    The Mexican Mafia is heavily active in central Washington, oddly enough.

Also, India is not typically considered the Middle East, and the surname, and particularly his father's name, are Indian, not Middle Eastern.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2016-09-27 at 01:42 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Any news? If so then the answer is probably no going back a while now.

- - - Updated - - -

So is Russia.
    Russia also has a higher homicide rate....

Desai is an indian name right?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Whenever someone says "moslem" I can't help but to think they are uneducated.
    Moslem is a variant spelling of Muslim, there is nothing wrong with using it in English.

Though in this case the shooter was almost certainly a Hindu, so either spelling would be irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    muslim or no?
    No. It was a guy in a Nazi uniform. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...p-mall-n654281

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This...is drivel.
    It's a CMartel post. Of course it is drivel. That is all he posts is racist bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Sad thing is, you're probably right.
    The internet really ought to establish a universally recognized sarcasm font.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    The internet really ought to establish a universally recognized sarcasm font.
    Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims

Interesting stuff. Definitely makes you wonder how long Dump supporters will stay peaceful after he loses the election.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims

Interesting stuff. Definitely makes you wonder how long Dump supporters will stay peaceful after he loses the election.
    I was making an attempt at humor (failed apparently) not really looking into a serious discussion but since you started one I'll participate. Do you have a deeper look into those statistics? I'm curious to see the the breakdown over who qualifies for "Non-Jihadist" vs, "Jihadist" in that comparison. I'd also like to see what qualifies as a terrorist act.

Here is why I'm skeptical.

1. No conspiracy in the media or congress is going to suppress some right-wing nutter bombing a marathon or shooting up a night club. Death gets eyeballs on the screen no matter who is causing it. This makes me wonder what is being included as an act of terrorism. Are all of these fatal? Were they all intended to be fatal? Were things like harassment or other lesser crimes like stockpiling illegal weapons included? Not saying they were, just pointing out how numbers can be so easily skewed.

2. You have two pieces of data being examined. One has a narrow definition "jihadist" and the other can be described as "everyone else." In that context, it's amazing the numbers are as close as they are as the second number includes everyone who commits a terrorist act regardless of motivation.

lastly, and I get this is totally anecdotal, but I'm located politically somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun. I own several firearms including an AR-15 and have a shit ton of ammo. To date, I've committed and am plotting zero violent acts against my government or fellow citizens. Neither are any of my friends. Mostly we just go to work and mind our own business. Keep that in mind when you're pushing legislation to disarm people, because were the only ones it will affect, not the criminals. They don't give a shit about the laws you pass.