Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Situation is critical now. We are trapped into class, into spec. We need freedom and ability to play alts or offspecs on same competitive lvl. I don't want be in same like WoD legendary ring situation where Mythic was no place to play on alts. I want diversity and more fun form free choices.
    Amount of job to have high lvl artifact is simply gigantic. I can do that, but no way I will repeat this on alts and offspec. All "catching up" mechanics are simply too weak.
    I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.
    You aren't pigeon holed into anything. Hit 110 on your alts, queue up researches and check them every day or two. By the time you are in the mood to play them competitively you'll be at a high enough Artifact Knowledge to be able to get your weapon up pretty quickly. Want your item level to be higher then do World Quests for free relics or get one of the profession ones. Do them now for the first time and it only takes a couple days for first couple ranks then it starts going back to where it's caught up. Heck if you don't play it all expansion and just keep it queued you'll hit 24,000%.

Not sure why you want them shared. Have we ever had gear shared before? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'm fine with it. They've even said the artifact notes will be made available faster as time progresses. However, I do wish they'd speed up the level at which your order hall campaign can be completed. It's just tiresome to wait for 10 order missions, often lasting 12-24 hours to get access to your artifacts third relic.
    They won't. That's how they time gated it this time. They want the Class Hall Campaign to take X amount of time. They actually wanted it to take as long as the warriors, but they messed up and had to bring the warriors in line with everyone else's in order to be fair.

I think this reasoning is stupid and it was never an issue with the legendary ring or legendary cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    accountwide reputations, geese talk about wanting to kill the game. demand that the achievements are truly accountwide instead and ALREADY !
    Eh, the only achievements / rep I'd want shared is Nightfallen. If you maxed it out on your main then your alts should be able to zip all the way up to the quests you did on your main instead of waiting for X rep level. Along with with having portals unlocked and the dungeons associated. You can still "unlock" the portals on alts for the rep, but you can still activate them without it. Nightfallen is just long and grindy and not looking forward to it on any of my alts. Right now it's "Quest to friendly for WQ and not turn back" for me and a lot of others I've talked to.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    The system doesn't really work. It's like 50% faster to level an alt to 110 asap then only log onto it to pick up and research artifact even if you don't want to play it for a year than it would be to not level it for a year then do the "catch up" mechanic of researching it then.
    How so? Right now you can level to 110 spend 2 days researching for 1 and then after a week be practically caught up to others / your main.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are not trapped into anything,you can reroll or play whatever you want,it will be time demanding and legion is not a "alt/os" expansion,imo that is a good thing,i have loved wow alot more when it was all about playing your main character and loving it cus you dont run out of things to do and have to put in work and effort to keep up with the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Situation is critical now. We are trapped into class, into spec. We need freedom and ability to play alts or offspecs on same competitive lvl. I don't want be in same like WoD legendary ring situation where Mythic was no place to play on alts. I want diversity and more fun form free choices.
    Amount of job to have high lvl artifact is simply gigantic. I can do that, but no way I will repeat this on alts and offspec. All "catching up" mechanics are simply too weak.
    I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.
    First of all, it is important to make something very clear: We are only 1 month into the expansion. Catch-up mechanics, which are in the Legion base game have not even gone into full effect and 7.1 will without a doubt bring more and better ways to get AP. So put cold blood into your veins and wait out With 5-6 Artifact Knowledge, you can easily get 2 golden traits and most of your good dmg abilities in a week, if not less.

With that said, i will agree, that it would feel good to have some sort of account wide Artifact sharing. Whether it should be AP or AK, i don't know. Maybe being able to trade some AP items between character would really be great But having Artifact weapen lvl be account wide is the wrong way to tackle this in my opnion. It would be thematicle suicide, since the feeling of powering up a specific weapen would be completely removed from the game, since you would be able to start a new newbie character and get a lvl 25 weapen with all its power.

So i would not agree with OP point of view, but will agree, that some form of account shared Ap items would be great, just so you could help lift up some alts, who are gonna be far behind in later content There is no problem now, but i can see it being hard to get AP up to a good lvl, when you start an alt halfway through the Nighthold patch.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    AK account wide is kind of silly imho, the more people who get alts leveled to do researches, the farther ahead they will be completely, until everyone has every skill learned.

how about a catchup mech, based off reps gained, so you can buy the vendor gear from different factions, catch up that way
    or AK being at XX% of the highest AK on account isn't a bad idea, but completely account wide is a bit silly and overpowered.

how about being able to buy account bound resources tokens, for class halls, your main has all research missions etc whatever done, great, now you can buy a resource token for 1200 resources, that is boa, and alt can get 1000 out of it.

there's plenty they can do, some of these suggestions are lol worthy though.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh, the only achievements / rep I'd want shared is Nightfallen. If you maxed it out on your main then your alts should be able to zip all the way up to the quests you did on your main instead of waiting for X rep level. Along with with having portals unlocked and the dungeons associated. You can still "unlock" the portals on alts for the rep, but you can still activate them without it. Nightfallen is just long and grindy and not looking forward to it on any of my alts. Right now it's "Quest to friendly for WQ and not turn back" for me and a lot of others I've talked to.

How so? Right now you can level to 110 spend 2 days researching for 1 and then after a week be practically caught up to others / your main.
    Problem with "shared" reputation is that alts could evade time gating. Let's say i could farm 2500 nightfallen rep a day. Playing ten alts i could max it out in one and a half days, something that would have taken me 2 weeks otherwise. That's why there'll never be account wide rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Rep however, you going to run into issues with 'lorenerds' who state "my Character Thra got exalted with Bloodsail, but my priestess of the moon Sailorgirl did not."
    Lol, no.. mostly because it's a rep that does not really affect you in any shape or form.. and if they are ''lorenerds'' as you say, they wont have a name like "sailorgirl" cause that would break the lore, completely. but as a roleplayer, I would not mind having server-wide rep shared at least. account-wide would be to powerful, for professions. even though most of the profession stuff in legion is pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    yea kill the entire game just because it doesn't have flying to speed things up enough for everyone to play alts. that's one accurate way to put it.

there's nothing stopping you from playing alts anymore than theres anything stopping you from logging off like you all so carefully suggest to everyone addressing what's seriously wrong with the game.

legion is more alt friendly than wod was. you know, there's SOMETHING TO DO and NOW THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR YOU ! my alts have not had such a blast in many years. why don't you try level a couple characters to 102 already!!?? no because ilvl and e-peen is all that matters to you and you want to develop the entire game to it?

i play my alts just like i did in WOD, just without flying and all the trivialities IT bring. You are NOT PREPARED ! You are burnt out ! You are casual. I lmao at your circle of teachings. My priest will enjoy walking into heroics to heal with 750 arti. why? because I play the game, i don't spend my time trying to make it more casually appealing than it already is, which is extremely. You are just not even strong enough for casual play.

accountwide reputations, geese talk about wanting to kill the game. demand that the achievements are truly accountwide instead and ALREADY !

blizz should give you 7 days ban just for suggesting accountwide reputations.
    the problem is that you need to play alts on the same level of a main regrinding everything from scratch, i do understand that there are peoples who like this kind of play style i myself no, i want to play alts but not as the same level of my main.

For example a championing account bound tabard you can buy with our main once exalted and pass it to an alt so he can grind the rep in dungeon would be a great way to easier the burden and at the same time ensure you play an alt; another example is artifact knowledge the fact it isn't account wide is mind boggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    How about instead of asking for everything on a silver platter you put time and effort into the specs you want to play?

7+ Year Old Account
    God damn newfags crying to nerf only thing that reminds me good old wow when you have to work hard to be pro, to be special, to be a guy that noobs will fap on when you stay in capital. Hate you suckers.

I think that alts should get faster artifact research time, up to the highest artifact research you have on any of your other characters.

ie your main has research level 15, so your alts can level up to 15 taking a day per order.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2016-09-27 at 11:08 AM.
    RETH

i play 12 characters. Artifact knowledge should be account wide.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Don't think account wide would be good, stuff would go way to fast if it was accountwide, and would be used the other way around, use alts to boost main char AP trough the roof.

Current catchup mechanics seems to work ok atm, my main is 852 iirc, 21/13/0 atm in artifacts i think, or might be 22 (not 100% sure) with 200% AK i think. Alt who dinged a week later is 847 19/13/0 with 140% AK, and i'm not even nolifing the expansion, overall seems pretty balanced to me.

Also, unless a world top 10 guild player, why would you need all your alts boosted that high, i can see raiding / PVPing / Mythic+ on main + 1 maybe 2 alts, but if you have a stable of lets say 10-12 alt, wouldn't most be sufficient with running a bit behind, as they will prolly only be used for proffs and lowerend content anyway, where you don't need alot of AP to get around in.

As a casual i don't wanna do the grind process over again.
    I don't have an alt for that very reason.
    I really want to experience other charcters after 7.0.
    I hope in the future we'll get somewhere catch up mechanic account width.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get how people enjoy to bash every freaking thing...
    you want an alt nothing is keeping you from leveling it AK research time will be way faster than ur main one. Time is locking you out of ur alts if anything ever is.

Personally always enjoyed 1 char beside my farming alts. Got a lot of friends with alts with pretty high ak just 1 level below their main one which is ok.
    Retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I get where you are comming from.

You want to progress but you feel you'll never catch up.

I believe the simplest and best solution would be:
    Artifact Knowledge account bound. It's the longest grind in WoW, and it's anything but fun.
    Reputation Account bound: Suramar any1? No, wont be going a second time.

That way you can still gear up your alt's weapon with relics and increase it's level, but trait unlock potential should be easier for alts and also that way you can access rep-locked dungeons Arcway-Court on alts without need to do the grind again.

Also, I have 40-45 exalted factions on my old main. Would be nice to have them across all characters, it's not like any sane person would farm them ever again a second time.
    I do agree AK needs some account wide loving, even if it's not on par with main but not so far behind your lagging
    Suramar I absolute agree on, no way in hell I am re doing that chain on alts, they can miss out on the dungeons
    Wardens would also get my vote for account wide

Deleted
    Artifact knowledge​ levels should be copied to alts though, in the form of Main AK level - X levels or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Gold isn't shared, but easily can be. Professions aren't shared. But a lot is you are right.

I actually agree with you on the AK being account wide. Not Artifact Power, but the knowledge. Because you are right, it's literally just maintaining the CD and resources. I literally login to one of my 110 toons simply to collect it's AK for when I do decide to play that toon later.

Rep however, you going to run into issues with 'lorenerds' who state "my Character Thra got exalted with Bloodsail, but my priestess of the moon Sailorgirl did not."
    Dude, really? Gold isn't fucking account-wide? Are you high?

The Artifact weapon is like any other weapon since the Vanilla. But instead of getting a new weapon in normals, then heroics, then mythics, the raids, then heroic raids etc etc.

Your main had the best weapon since it was your character you progressed the most with. Your alts had less powerful items, as should be.

Now we just progress the weapon thru the expansion instead of hoping for loot every tier. Alts should progress the same way since it always have been like that.

Deleted
    Artifact Knowledge completely voids this argument.

Weapon ilvl and power should not be account wide. You were never mailed an ilvl equivalent weapon to your alts in the past, so why should that change now?