Deleted

Affliction Warlock: Harvester of Soulflame

Foreword
    Since I have specced both Soul Flame and Harvester of Souls golden traits, many *extraordinary* things began happening.

#1 One–shotting enemy with a toy: Loot-A-Rang
    Using a toy, Loot-A-Rang, near active souls from artifact, results in:
    • Triggering Soul Flame on active souls.
    • Doubling amount of souls instead of consuming them.
    • Aggroying every single possible entity in a huge range, including critters, invisible entities, and battle pets.

Example #1 (30s video):

Since 0:20 I am using only Loot-A-Rang toy.
    One-shotting 0.5M enemy in 0:28.

Example #2 Making 27.57M dps using just a toy (yes, it's DPS):

Harvesting souls (billions of souls):

And the explosion (billions of souls):

This happens also from many other spells and abilities, including passive ones. Loot-A-Rang is just an example (and I've chosen this toy since it's the spell I'm using the very often).

Side note: Many times, doing just daily quests was about spam the toy, autoattack or just let pet trigger it (go make coffee) until the quest is done, or client crashes, or server crashes (yes, I have only one alt):

#2 Soul Flame and Harvester of Souls are ALWAYS active.

Soul Flame and Harvester of Souls remains active even when playing other spec (destro or demo) with completelly unexpected behaviour.
    For example, Immolate activates Harvester of Souls. During this time, Skada (and wowcraftlogs) halves dps (while Details! behaves normally). Fun fact is, hiding the weapon in bank makes Skada (and wowcraftlogs) not halving the dps, but golen traits still procs. Killing enemy as Destro or Demo triggers Soul Flame, but without animation. And that are only examples. And I'll remain with examples only since it's too unpredictable and I can't figure out exactly why affli traits triggers while playing other specs.

Futher, spec artifact weapons replaces cross specs on some procs mid-fight, resulting in getting affliction souls from Immolate critical ticks, Soul Flame from Chaos Bolt etc.

On image: Destruction lock with Affliction Artifact Weapon, Immolate on target and 4 Ulthalesh' souls, with Soul Flame activated from Immolated enemy.

#3 Agony not proccing Soul Shards
    Today, I've began feeding Demo Artifact. I made full EN, two Mythic dungeons, few World Quests and then queued to RHC. Something crazy happened.
    Agony stopped proccing Soul Shards. At all.

Details:

Only Soul Shards out of fight was generating. Relogged, and bug disappeared immediatelly. However, this is hilarious.
    Sent ticket and got confirmation that it's a known bug:

I am Game Master Kynalia, honored and happy to assist you while you are under my care. I understand you're contacting us today in regards to being unable to generate any soul shards through Agony. I am more than happy to look into this for you, my friend!

We have received reports of this nature, but have yet to receive confirmation from the developers on a solution or workaround. I will be sending the details of your report on to our Quality Assurance team, who will attempt to reproduce the issue from the information you have provided us. Once they have done so, they will forward their findings to our Development Team, who will then determine a fix, and apply it to the game as soon as possible.

I would like to thank you again for reporting this to us though. Getting this information directly to the developers is a service that we are happy to provide, because we absolutely want everyone to have the smoothest possible experience, and reports like yours provide exactly the kind of information we need to resolve issues like this one as they come up.

I hope my message was helpful, informative, and thorough. Please take care and thank you kindly for your patience. /bows respectfully

Summary
    Dear community of affliction warlock.
    I know that there is not many of us and "nobody cares", but… unable to get shards, aggroing half of dungeon, perma aggro on invisible entities, damage meters broken by procs from other spec, etc. And that are only 3 common issues I listed here. There are many others, like getting perma aggroed on Halls of Valor on Hymdall with Absolute Corruption and thus unable to use portal and thus unable to kill 2nd boss etc:

…etc etc etc… I was talking with some warlocks and most of them advices "change class", "change spec", "don't bother you'll get banned", "wait fix" etc.
    But this is not a good way. Don't hide the problem and don't wait 'till eventually everything will get magically fixed. Tell the world about issue with our very small community of affliction warlocks that keeps decreasing every day. Don't let our spec to be forbidden and forgotten and talk! Talk about all those issues. Begin from those common three.

Let devs know about our problems and make them fixed.
    Make affliction enjoyable again.
    Thank you in advance.
    Affliction warlock.

When im doing world quest as aff i use that loot-a-rang bug too, better than any dh aoe
    Noticed the "aggro all living things in a 40y radius" thing while i was leveling, it even occurs without having any points in your artifact, its just a loot-a-rang thing.

Completely unrelated to this bugs: two days ago my honor talents started to be always active while being demo. Doing dailys in Suramar or farming the Eredar in HM for the hidden skin, my HT's are always active oO

Sidenote for the Loot-A-Rang: It activates Soul Flame on ANY corpse in a 40y radius, doesn't matter if you killed it or not, but you need a lootable corpse in range to activate it. Every corpse will generate a soul for you artifact skill, spawn a visual soul of the enemy above his corpse and create a purple soul for you to consume.

Doing it in quick succession will lead to your client slowing down and maybe, if done too many times on too many corpses, will lead to a server crash because the server cant handle all the generated souls (maybe some of you remember the nerf to Haunted Memento bc all the ghost it spawned when player logged in lead to server instability and crashes).
    Last edited by Walrock; 2016-09-27 at 03:45 AM.

Deleted
    Update: Most (if not all) of listed issues has been hotfixed <24h ago, it's live hotfixed on EU before the weekly maintenance.
    Whoever made it, thanks you a lot!

Loot a rang also activates the speed boost from bear tartare