Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm actually curious on the difference in values between vers and mastery as it seems to vary every time I look for info on the subject. Last thing I heard was the value was effected by how much of the two you actually have. (something about vers going up in priority once you have 7200 of both?) I have been focusing on mastery as I have been having a hell of a time getting anything with vers on it. (have the ichor trinket but obviously that's not constant) I don't feel like I'm having any survivability issues with this, though granted my guild has not yet started mythic. So is there any rhyme or reason to which is more valuable when and why?

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Yes, ignore everything else you've read in this thread. No idea where the clowns came from.
    I switched to my druid beings Blizzard can't make up their minds with warriors. I haven't done a great deal of guardian tanking, but from what I'm reading armor is huge for us and the primary mitigation tool followed by versatility/mastery? Understand, I'm used to having shield block and ignore pain so this style is changing gears for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by estenopeico View Post
    Snip
    With AM I meant number of Stacks of Iron Fur or number of Iron Fur + 1 if Mark of Ursol is up.

@Bearshield: The value of Mastery defensively is more or less constant, meaning for every 700 mastery rating you need to be dealt 1% more of your "baseline max health" in damage to die. The defensive value of Versatility increases the more versatility you already have. Meaning, if you have 0% versatility and you add 8000 rating, you get a 10% damage reduction (equivalent to 7777 mastery). If you already have 20% reduction through versatility (which is a whole lot, but I just want to illustrate) the next 8000 rating give you a 12.5% damage reduction (equivalent to 10k Mastery). I have neglected the fact, that versatility also increases the value of other defensive stats, including mastery, but that only dampens the effect I wanted to show and doesn't fully negate it.

TL;DR: Mastery has the better conversion, so it is better in very early gear (greens and stuff), Versatility scales a lot better, so it is the preferable secondary in good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Celadir View Post
    I switched to my druid beings Blizzard can't make up their minds with warriors. I haven't done a great deal of guardian tanking, but from what I'm reading armor is huge for us and the primary mitigation tool followed by versatility/mastery? Understand, I'm used to having shield block and ignore pain so this style is changing gears for me.
    Iron Fur for physical, Mark of Ursol for magical.
    Use Frenzied Regen when you just got hit by big hits and need to heal.
    Armor is our best stat so ilvl is really good.
    Vers > Mastery > haste > crit

What about Leech, Avoidance? Is it worth it to keep items with bonus stats rather than upgrading to +5, +10 ilevel without bonus stats?
    On short fights when I deal burst damage on +5 mobs, my leech counts for a lot of my healing done.
    What do you guys think of bonus stats?

Leech is fine, avoidance is a bit..meh. But since armor is king of all, you want ilvl above all other things.

Avoidance reduces AOE damage. The vast majority of damage tanks take is direct.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Deleted
    I think the only tertiary I kind of like is speed. We don't have massive self healing, so leech is pretty wasted on us, since we generate less healing off of it than a dps or healer, and even for them it isn't great. Avoidance is close to useless, since unavoidable aoe is balanced around dps players taking it and avoidable aoe should just be avoided. The only case were it really does anything would be damage split and breath mechanics.

Oh, and during progression indestructible items are obviously BIS
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2016-10-06 at 12:17 PM.

It sucks that there are no damn mastery BiS gear in The Emerald Nightmare got really lucky yesterday and got a ton of BiS gear, though Armor is great and all that my Versatility dropped like a very, very drunk person!

My profile is in my Signature if anyone wanna have a look.