Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    That aoe rotation makes no sense. You basicly skipped RoP, nor you made use of FB, nor you used pyroblast after the second PF, which means you are wasting procs.

Try something like LB>RoP>PF+FB>CiS+Pyro>PF+FB(not needed if pyro crits)>Pyro.

In this cast sequence, LB should always be on the weakest target, and the ignite stack should be on the toughest target.

Generally the idea around fire mage is to understand what ignite is, understand that this is good dmg, and that it spreads. Instead of spending your hot streaks on Flamestrike that does no dmg, a 500k crit Pyroblast (it goes around there in mythic dungeon gear and 25% crit dmg from golden trait) will leave a huge dot that will spread on everything.

I know it is hard to understand at first for some people but AOE rotation is nothing more than ST rotation with the aoe talents in it.
    Thanks man, i'm actually comparable to my DH and Monk friends now and i still have huge room for improvement.

Thanks a ton!

That aoe rotation makes no sense. You basicly skipped RoP, nor you made use of FB, nor you used pyroblast after the second PF, which means you are wasting procs.

Try something like LB>RoP>PF+FB>CiS+Pyro>PF+FB(not needed if pyro crits)>Pyro.

In this cast sequence, LB should always be on the weakest target, and the ignite stack should be on the toughest target.

Generally the idea around fire mage is to understand what ignite is, understand that this is good dmg, and that it spreads. Instead of spending your hot streaks on Flamestrike that does no dmg, a 500k crit Pyroblast (it goes around there in mythic dungeon gear and 25% crit dmg from golden trait) will leave a huge dot that will spread on everything.

I know it is hard to understand at first for some people but AOE rotation is nothing more than ST rotation with the aoe talents in it.
    Tishko - I like the looks of the above, but may I ask where do you use Combustion (if it's up)? Would it look something like this:

LB>RoP>PF+FB>CiS+Comb+Pyro>PF+FB(not needed if pyro crits)>Pyro?

Or may I ask why you don't get the pyro from PF+FB prior to casting RoP? Such as:

LB>PF+FB>RoP>CiS+Comb+Pyro>PF+FB(not needed if pyro crits)>Pyro?

Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by drsarcasm; 2016-09-27 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Combustion will change the things a bit.

Sine you want to have RoP for the combustion rotation, you should go something like this: LB>RoP>PF+FB+Comb>pyro+fb>FO>pyro+fb>pyro+fb>PF>Pyro>CiS>LB.

The main dps increase of combustion comes from the fact that your crit goes into mastery. You don't want cinders or LB casts during combustion, it should be filled only with pyros ands PFs.

Deleted
    I'd always do instant pf fb opening unless you have wriggling sinew as trinket.

Combustion will change the things a bit.

Sine you want to have RoP for the combustion rotation, you should go something like this: LB>RoP>PF+FB+Comb>pyro+fb>FO>pyro+fb>pyro+fb>PF>Pyro>CiS>LB.

The main dps increase of combustion comes from the fact that your crit goes into mastery. You don't want cinders or LB casts during combustion, it should be filled only with pyros ands PFs.
    Looks good, going to practice this and see where it nets my DPS overall, thanks again for the discussion/input.

P.S. The reason I'm suggesting weaving in CiS prior to hitting combustion is that there's a few discussions going on (altered-time, main forums, etc.) that have a playstyle whereby if you stand near/in the boss' hitbox, you can combust before all the cinders from CiS hit, thereby gaining an immediate 5 stack of pyretic incantation, which should lend itself to overall higher damage.

Deleted
    What i dislike about CiS is: It can get you from 4 stacks of pyretic incantation to 0 or from 0 to 4. Without it I have better control over my pyretic incantation stacks and with 60%+ crit you can achieve a sloid uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post

that was the highest i ever got (legion flask + wod pot)
    so are WoD pots better than the new Deadly Grace pots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestWaffle View Post
    so are WoD pots better than the new Deadly Grace pots?
    No, but i aint paying 1600g per pull for a normal or heroic boss lmfao