Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephenthos View Post
    im not sure about pvp. but im 100% sure monk can compete with DH in DPS in PVE. imo its one of the strongest melee's at the moment.
    Good! Im bummed that I can't xmog to maces, daggers, axes or swords... I will try to lvl to 110 and try it properly... Ww mainspec and mw offspec for sure. It's hard as hell deciding on a spec to focus on when you're casual, so much easier as a hardcore as you focus on 1 but I seem to swap weekly. Hybrids seem to be what I prefer as I love healing/tanking every now and then. Definitely between monk and dh

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very happy with the state of BrM, and I think they are grossly underrated as tanks by the BrM community and WoW community at large due to lack of information about how to properly gear and play them at an elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    I'm very happy with the state of BrM, and I think they are grossly underrated as tanks by the BrM community and WoW community at large due to lack of information about how to properly gear and play them at an elite level.
    This is absolutely incorrect.

Although BrM is "fun" and gives you a lot of things to do in terms of gameplay, even if you play your heart out, you can't achieve the same results as Guardian druids, Warriors or even Paladins. Only Blood DK has it worse than BrM in terms of skills-to-results ratio. If you are doing 5man Mythics u can do some crazy good kiting. However, if you do this in raid you can easily wipe the raid. The kiting utility is about 30% of what BrM can play on max level.

Also many healers can't keep up with the idea, that their tank, if BrM, will never be topped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post

Although BrM is "fun" and gives you a lot of things to do in terms of gameplay, even if you play your heart out, you can't achieve the same results as Guardian druids, Warriors or even Paladins. Only Blood DK has it worse than BrM in terms of skills-to-results ratio. If you are doing 5man Mythics u can do some crazy good kiting. However, if you do this in raid you can easily wipe the raid. The kiting utility is about 30% of what BrM can play on max level.

Also many healers can't keep up with the idea, that their tank, if BrM, will never be topped.
    Agree - but your last point about healers not liking the idea is not really saying anything about the state of BrM Like it or not - if they keep a Brm. around 50% they will see that he is alot easier to heal than if you try to top him off all the time. It might be annoying yes, but yet they are quite strong here.

The problems I see with BrM compared to other classes is:
    1. WAY to random selhealing. Compared to every other tankspec it is close to impossible to plan you selfhealing and you have to pray to the RNG God to win :P
    2. WHY WHY WHY BLIZZARD did you remove Guard!? Yes Guard was overtuned but removing it from the spec was so ******* stupid! Especially when you just gave it to warriors instead. wtf... with guard in our current kit I could se BrM being on level with the other tanks again.

1. If you get the talent to spawn you an orb at 30% and let your healer keep you at 50%HP, things aren't that random, **but** .... DANGEEEEEEEER ZOOOONE

2. I haven't played BrM in MoP or WoD, so I don't really care about Guard.

A fact is though, I'm about 850 with my BrM gear and about to get my first golden trait. I can easily tank EN normal and mythic +2/3 ... I'm okey with that as a secondary spec for me

I really wish BrM had stronger Golden Trait ... In the current state, they give you a DPS boost which doesn't increase your survivability in anyway ( it would have been at least of each 'wave' applied a new duration of Flame Keg ), One that gives you 20-25% more dodge during your strongest CD, where you are with about 100% stagger ... AKA you don't need that dodge then ...

Or the third one, which has some minor effects and can easily be a normal trait, rather than golden one ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post

Although I mentioned nothing about Guardian Druids and Protection Paladins, numbers clearly show that their damage is overtuned. Across each of the fights in which I hold the #1 worldwide Brewmaster parse, I am still as much as 140k dps behind the #1 Guardian Druid and ~105k dps behind the #1 Protection Paladin. Blizzard are aware of this balance issue. Warriors are much less of a problem since being repeatedly nerfed.

As for Monk defenses, their primary issue is that the community has not been informed on how to employ them effectively. Dying to burst damage is impossible as a Brewmaster unless you play poorly or undergear the content too greatly. My defenses have not been a liability since week 1 of Legion.
    Kiting is not a required strategy in most situations, but it is an option Brewmasters can perform extremely well in the rare situations they need it.

Keeping a Brewmaster at 100% health is meaningless. Healers can learn. The only sure-fire way for any tank to remain at 100% health is to stay in Shal'aran.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseara View Post
    Building up to a 5 point finisher to roll for a buff is the most unsatisfying mechanic they've ever come up with. Outlaw is boring as hell.
    What?! Building up 6 combo points to RtB for 1 buff 5 times in a row is definitely challenging and engaging content!

Took my undergeared BrM through Normal last night and man did I have fun. My team could tell I was way more comfy behind the wheels of a monk vs my DH.

I'm still struggling a little with the brew mechanics (when to to use which, but that coming with experience), but I'm stoked to take him into some M+ and Heroic next week. I'd take him this week but my DH is 855 vs the BrM's 844 (started sunday at 814).

That's cool guys, I think if I did brewmaster I'd be too heartbroken over the good old challenge mode days. I'm definitely eager to try windwalker and mistweaver for pve/pvp, definitely think my calling is a hybrid and playing it along with my dh will be a lot of fun! Hopefully I can keep both active!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    The problems I see with BrM compared to other classes is:
    1. WAY to random selhealing. Compared to every other tankspec it is close to impossible to plan you selfhealing and you have to pray to the RNG God to win :P
    But it's not random at all!

You have 2 charges of healing elixir on 30 seconds cooldown (because those 2 other talents on that row are utter shite) and whenever you take 100% of your health in damage (before stagger but after armor) you'll spawn a healing orb which you can suck in with Expel Harm, no movement needed.

With the healing orb talent you'll spawn an orb when you take 60% of your health in damage instead. No RNG involved.

The only thing that makes it LOOK random is that the damage counter for spawning orbs doesn't reset out of combat, so sometimes you'll get one at the start of a fight and sometimes not. But on boss and longer trash fights (mythic for example) the healing orbs are 100% predictable.

And of course you get an additional orb when you drop below 35% health, without cooldown or RNG either.

Sure other tanks like DK, DH, Paladin and to a lesser extend Bears are built around rotational selfhealing, but we aren't. We get our healing exactly when we need it - when on low health and after taking heavy damage - and for everything else we have stagger, purify and drunken dodge.

When you're taking a beating in raids or mythic dungeons, you'll get 5-6 healing orbs in about 10ish seconds since you're taking multiples of your health in damage all the time, and 5-6 healing orbs are basically a Lay on Hands with each of the orbs having a separate chance to crit for additional healing and to proc celestial fortune for another 60% heal.

And of course on top of that the guaranteed 35% orb makes you able to solo lot of stuff in heroics and even for the last few percent on mythic stuff since as long as the orb brings you above 35% again you'll get another on the next attack.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2016-10-19 at 02:39 AM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Few days ago i was tanking Elerethe on Mythic as a thrid tank (better handle of web of pains, also my main is WW but i have a 30% haste in tank).
    For tankings adds - BrM is awsome (statue is great for grouping adds-even was able to tank them until death, also it helps other tanks to get adds in the right spot), mechanics - is like lol, with Web of Pains mechanic my Co-Tank is taking my stagger dmg...
    Boss-We can tank him but... Was able to easy maintain 100% IsB with many charges left for purify but at this lvl u have to clear stagger like every autoattack (80-100% stagger) for me its immpossible to get enough charges for clearing all the shit also orbs are for me on fights like that only a weak supporting mechanic.

However what is really funy i was able to solo soak whole Violent winds (like 130 stacks) with barely no dmg taken (wonder if with good cd distribution should be able to soak 2 winds)