Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by situ View Post
    Honestly, when Paragon announcement their disbanding, I thought that Serenity wouldn't have serious competition. And as we saw, Method killed Illgynoth before Serenity, which was extremely surprising. I am currently more interested in Method vs Serenity race.
    Usually guilds stop caring when someone gets the wf, however I think that the tension in between method and serenity motivate them alot to finish before the other. Exorsus winning was already disappointing for serenity so imagine the butthurt if method won

Quote Originally Posted by situ View Post
    Honestly, when Paragon announcement their disbanding, I thought that Serenity wouldn't have serious competition. And as we saw, Method killed Illgynoth before Serenity, which was extremely surprising. I am currently more interested in Method vs Serenity race.
    I doubt any of those guilds will still go full pull, normaly the race is over after the WF, and the rest of the guilds take it more relaxed then. Only thing might be the rivalry between them if there are still hard feeling from the split.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Did they disband?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure I understand http://www.wowprogress.com/guild_ilvl/ - guilds are crazily close and the russians are barely in the top 10. Serenity tops the list. In what way did they fail with HC split runs?

With all of them pretty much the same ilv, skill, organisation, dedication and being in top form on the day makes the difference I would say
    I think he means failing on split runs just by doing them and wasting like 2 hours because it seems they werent needed this tier to gain that last bit of ilvl advantage as Exorsus proved. Ofcourse this is hindsight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Wait... so you're telling me the guild that spent 50% more net time on mythic instead of doing heroic splits (because blizzard completely dropped the ball on tuning) isn't the clear cut winner in the skill/tactics department? That actually makes perfect sense.
    Wasn't the whole point of 20-man mythic so Blizz could get the tuning right?

Deleted
    Exorsus didnt do the splitruns this reset, so they where able to start myhtic way before then Serenity. They realized/gambled that they had the right itemlevel and they where right.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    Who says they got the tuning wrong though, it might have been intended to have a bit more of a relaxed tuning than starter raids had before, seeing that we are also getting a extra raid in 7.1. I can imagine that they kept tuning a bit more relaxed so actually more guilds wil finish the content. Which in part wil make it a bit easier for the absolute top players. As far as i know blizzard does not balance around the WF race, but around a target where they think atleast a certain part of the players can clear it before it becomes obsolete.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    And tuning it right would be making it so hard that the best of the best can't clear 7 bosses in a day, leaving most others with a virtually impossible raid?

EN isn't the proper raid, I'm pretty sure majority see it as the "side raid" Night hold will be the real race.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    EN isn't the proper raid, I'm pretty sure majority see it as the "side raid" Night hold will be the real race.
    If top guilds would have seen this as a not important side raid they would not have taken time off, farm M+ like madmen in a week where the loot was limited base ilvl wise fishing for procs while this week and the coming weeks they could have farmed it with guaranteed better ilvl. While not the raid of the first tier, they all very much still wanted to get worldfirst. They all stuck in enormous amount of prep the last 4 weeks to prepare for this race, if this was just a "side raid" they would have never done that.

Deleted
    20 man mythic tuning was superb through-out wod. Artifacts, mythic+, thunderforging and legendaries through off the balance. That's the reason for such a quick finish.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    "I basically"
    Nope, weren't evening close to calling. You listed some guilds you thought would be top 10. Which literally everyone could have done. Gz.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    And for your previousl nimrod post. you have to update your wowprogress manually, after updating your armory... since WoWprogress tracks kills through armory listed acheivements. I see your guild leader killed M: Il'gynoth 3hrs ago.. on armory.. I went ahead and clicked on the update guild button for you. You being the new guy to this whole raiding thing.
    Yea no shit, Obviously we knew that and did that, but 4 US guilds all got updated before us despite killing after, so waiting to see what our actual rank was annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Dude, stop. It's getting embarrassing. Every tier is a real race, evident by how hard Serenity and the others went at split runs. They got their ass handed to them by Exorsus and that's the only fact that matters.

If you talk big, you got to play big. They failed. And by a massive margin at that.

So
    https://twitter.com/FalkenRaiding/st...96735709028352

and aparently according to Nagura who replied in the Druid discord to this. Serenity has the same bug.... Serenity might have not even pulled Cenarius because the portal has been broken which was why they went to bed while it got fixed. possibly all EU realms have this bug and the RU realms don't?

Edit apparently the bug is once you zone out? Method Pulled Cenarius last night but upon going to bed and getting up to continue 2 hours ago they have also been unable to get to Cenarius to pull.
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-09-29 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    In soviet Russia, you don't pull the boss. The boss pulls you.

lol this world first was a complete joke. Blizzard should feels bad for delivering such a terrible raid tier. GJ now they need to push nighthold 1 month earlier. They wanted EN to take a bigger spot that highmaul but they completely fucked that up. We spent more time testing this tier that actually playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Someone said and dont know the vailidity that cenarius gate was broken for couple of the US guilds. If thats true they may have given up and gone to bed
    See this is why the US will never beat the EU. They give up too fast.

Serenity weren't in a rush to clear it fyi, they took multiple breaks where frag would stream and mess around. I don't think they're counting EN as the big raid I think they're waiting for NH
    Weren't in a rush to clear it? Isn't that the complete opposite of partaking in the world first race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Serenity weren't in a rush to clear it fyi, they took multiple breaks where frag would stream and mess around. I don't think they're counting EN as the big raid I think they're waiting for NH
    ecksdee

here it is.

I love that the russians won it. EU and, especially, NA is much too cocky. The entitlement-mentality, that almost all of their players have is just obnoxious (I'm talking only about players that stream etc., as I obviously don't know any of them personally).

Deleted
    Mere speculation but Blizzard have often enough said they're somewhat opposed to splitruns and the manner in which hardcore players play the game in the world first race have they not?

The fights will have no doubt been difficult to get past but perhaps they had been intentionally tuned around the item level exorsus went with. Those who were investing more time in doing split runs, Mythic+ and so on were then overgearing what the best players need. It means an awful lot of people will be feeling like they wasted their time now in the launch to this raid. Perhaps that is for the best though.

Heroic raiding wasn't the design for the best raiding players, mythic+ dungeons weren't the design for the best raiding guilds. They were pushed as content for other players and the desire to focus so much on the mythic raiding meant (in terms of the EN race) they ended up wasting time in the content for other players rather than the content they would consider designed for themselves.

Maybe Blizzard did just get it wrong. They can't keep adding more content to the game and not having the world first aiming guilds pushing at it way harder than they'd like and over-utilising it. This may well be one of the only options on the table that's viable for adding more content to the game and making it not really worth the time of world first raiders to hammer any and all content along the way.

It's still a possible option, but look at Nihilum, I was watching Rikh streaming yesterday in mythic+ and then in heroic splits and saw at least 3 heroic splits I think. They won't ever know now if they were ever really even capable of being in the race and for quite a few other guilds who prioritised other things first there will be that unanswerable question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    I love that the russians won it. EU and, especially, NA is much too cocky. The entitlement-mentality, that almost all of their players have is just obnoxious (I'm talking only about players that stream etc., as I obviously don't know any of them personally).
    I agree, they strut around as if the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow leads you right into their rectum.

It will be good for them to learn some humility before their streaming business can no longer sustain them and they have to push pencils for a living again.