Personal Loot & Loot-Locked Characters

A couple of my raid leaders seem to think that taking loot-locked characters on a raid somehow diminishes the loot chances for the rest of the group. e.g. a raid of 15 people will stand a better chance of getting loot that a raid of 20 people where 5 are loot-locked. This doesn't sound at all right to me, I'm pretty sure the loot-per-person when considering the 15 eligible ones would remain the same in both situations (allowing for random).

Are there any developer/blue-posts anywhere that would clear this up? Been trying to find something but haven't had any luck yet.

Less loot in total, less loot that can be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Less loot in total, less loot that can be traded.
    But not on a per-character basis. Sure there are fewer extra drops, but also less people eligible to receive them so the rate should remain about the same. Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    0.2 drops per person. Ratio always stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    But not on a per-character basis. Sure there are fewer extra drops, but also less people eligible to receive them so the rate should remain about the same. Or am I missing something?
    Of course not on a per-character basis, but "my raid leaders" sound like it's a guild group, and for a guild, it's shit if there are loot-locked people, because it decreases the max amount of loot you get in a raid, considering personal loot is tradeable.

it's shit if there are loot-locked people, because it decreases the max amount of loot you get in a raid, considering personal loot is tradeable.
    I still don't see how this makes a difference to the rate at which each player gains loot. And if each player gets loot at the same rate then logically the raid still gets loot at the same rate. One extra item between 10 people is the same as two extra items between 20 people.

And it's actually between 2 guild groups which makes it even more silly in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    I still don't see how this makes a difference to the rate at which each player gains loot. And if each player gets loot at the same rate then logically the raid still gets loot at the same rate. One extra item between 10 people is the same as two extra items between 20 people.

And it's actually between 2 guild groups which makes it even more silly in my mind.
    You raid with 20 people. 5 are loot locked. Out of the 15 remaining players, 7 get items. 4 of the players received items that are worse than their old ones. They can trade it around, but can't trade it to the people that are loot locked.

You raid with 20 people. Nobody is loot locked. Out of the 20 people, 10 get items. 6 of the players received items that are worse than their old ones. They can trade it around, to everybody.

Yes, the individual player gains nothing, but the group itself does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    0.2 drops per person. Ratio always stays the same.
    Per loot-eligible person*.

Deleted
    The chances for a single person to get loot are the same.
    The chances for the entire group to get an upgrade is maximized by having more people eligible for loot.

The single shouldn't care.
    In a guild that should be a rule to show up without the loot already locked.

You raid with 20 people. 5 are loot locked. Out of the 15 remaining players, 7 get items. 4 of the players received items that are worse than their old ones. They can trade it around, but can't trade it to the people that are loot locked.
    That doesn't account for the locked people having a chance to trade extra loot on their previous run. Which is particularly relevant in this case.

Anywho, we already went through all of this internally, really could do with something from the blues/devs on the issue, which as I said I've not been able to find yet. So if anyone could point me at something that might be relevant I would be grateful.
    Last edited by The High Druid; 2016-10-02 at 03:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't get less loot when bringing people who can't get loot. Especially considering you can't even trade the dropped loot to them. 15 players means at least 3 pieces (if we use ML as an example) that means 1 loot per 5 players. If you have 20 players where 5 are loot locked already that is still 3 pieces of loot for the other 15 players and that is still 1 loot per 5 players. With PL it is of course more random, but it won't reduce the chance to get loot. Since everything is RNG however it can be so that in your raid specifically it might appear like bringing too many loot locked players that the rest of the raid get less loot, because RNG is RNG.