Deleted

Are secondary stats just really powerful and or is EN poorly itemized?

I MT, I don't really know much about DPS and I've noticed that some raiders in my guild are shying away from even touching anything if it doesn't have their main stat, sometimes even with for 30+ item level upgrades.

Our mages same to do this a lot, and shadow priests too but to a lesser extent.

Is this normal behaviour or should I talk to them about it? I'm not on the loot council or anything but it's a little surprising to me.

If it's not too much trouble I'd like to hear what dps classes have one specific stat that trumps all by a wide margin.

Secondary stats scale far slower than previous expansions, and jewellery doesn't have main stats on. This means it's often not an upgrade if jewellery doesn't have your desired stats, pretty much up to 50 item levels for some spec.

Mages & Spriests favour their main stat ridiculously so - if it hasn't got crit/haste they'll consider it a downgrade for any nonint item (and for the latter int is still pretty weak compared to secondaries)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The classes you mention need certain stats because of how they interact with their class.

Fire mages need crit to get more instant pyroblasts. They also have an artifact trait that increases damage for crit streaks.

Shadow priests need haste like the withered need their crack. They revolve around staying in void form for as long as possible. For that you need haste, lots of it, and to a lesser extent crit. Because of this I'd rather have an 840 item with haste crit than a much higher one with mastery/versa for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Secondary stats scale far slower than previous expansions, and jewellery doesn't have main stats on. This means it's often not an upgrade if jewellery doesn't have your desired stats, pretty much up to 50 item levels for some spec.

Mages & Spriests favour their main stat ridiculously so - if it hasn't got crit/haste they'll consider it a downgrade for any nonint item (and for the latter int is still pretty weak compared to secondaries)
    Crit is above int for mages, but not by as much as haste is above int for spriests.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-10-01 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Crit is above int for mages, but not by as much as haste for spriests.
    Miss-read your post sorry.

Deleted
    See what others posted.

Want to add that this especially applies to all rings and neck, since those lack main stats. For some classes/specs a 810 ring with socket will be far stronger than another 860 one just because of stats.

It is another story for other item slots, those are less influenced by secondary stats because of their main stat increase thanks to item level.

Melee love their Primary stat.
    Ranged love their Secondaries.

Versatility for casters is like the plague.
    Most casters put haste at the top of their priority, Fire mages are the only exception here?

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Melee love their Primary stat.
    Ranged love their Secondaries.

Versatility for casters is like the plague.
    Most casters put haste at the top of their priority, Fire mages are the only exception here?
    Nah, Arcane also hates haste.

Also yes EN has shit gear but it's not just for casters, some melee barely have gear there too I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than EN having shit loot, it's Blizzard's issue that some specific specs simply scale too well with a very specific stat.

As a whole it creates an issue where competent Fire Mages and Spriests, for example, are like 15ilvls stronger than their ilvl suggests, meaning they are more powerful than a lot of other specs now, but at the same time the flipside is that they have hard time getting meaningful upgrades in EN.

It is a failure in Blizzard's part as the intention was to have secondaries close to each other, from what I remember them saying in past.

Deleted
    This issue isn't just for Spriest an Firemages, most of the Speccs have 1 state which they scale really well and things like this are ok to some degree because it was never any diffrent in older Addons.

The problem is that the secondary stats are even stronger than main stats for many classes, and if the item doenst have like 10-15 item levels more Gear is often a downgrade.

For example me playing an Arms warrior as main, when i look into the Loottable of EN it would not even be worth running if i just wanted gear and not some fun.
    Because when i look at my BiS gear most of the pieces come from Mythic+10 / WQ luck rolls or Elite PVP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmasters:

Stam: 2.44
    Crit: 1.35
    Haste: 0.8
    Vers: 0.73
    Mast: 0.44
    Agi: 0.42

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Brewmasters:

Stam: 2.44
    Crit: 1.35
    Haste: 0.8
    Vers: 0.73
    Mast: 0.44
    Agi: 0.42
    This isn't even close to being correct. Brews don't care about stam. Haste is generally recognized as best stat until the 25-30% range. Mastery also has breakpoints that are gear dependent. Good job pulling numbers out of your ass.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2016-10-02 at 02:22 PM.