Ele mastery buff

Did they not update the tooltip for our mastery? Mine hasn't changed

For whatever reason, tooltips can't be updated via hotfix (I guess text strings are just too much for a hotfix to manage). The numbers behind the abilities are updated though.

Quote Originally Posted by mienfoo View Post
    Did they not update the tooltip for our mastery? Mine hasn't changed
    The dmg and the MS generation of the overloads hasn´t changed.

Just how much % per Master Points you get....

Mosty ppl report that they have about 3% more Mastery than befor the patch.
    Thats all, just more % Mastery, no dmg or MS gain increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    For whatever reason, tooltips can't be updated via hotfix (I guess text strings are just too much for a hotfix to manage). The numbers behind the abilities are updated though.
    IT person here, it depends on how they have their code structured. Tooltips might require then to redeploy the UI because it is something client side, where as the numbers behind the scenes are kept server side.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    IT person here, it depends on how they have their code structured. Tooltips might require then to redeploy the UI because it is something client side, where as the numbers behind the scenes are kept server side.
    Yeah I'm an IT person too and that's probably exactly it. I suppose my snark comes from the fact that they've gone through half a dozen major client revisions and never once stopped to address this rather obvious problem. Having the client generate a dynamic string for a tooltip based on server-side values wouldn't exactly be difficult.

Ever since Legion dropped, Blizzard has changed the way tooltips worked, now they have always changed to reflect the most recent hotfixes. The reason most people probably didn't see their tooltip updated is that it was before the maintenance. If you're in the US, tooltips should reflect the change right now.

Deleted
    This is exactly what it is. Tooltips and such are clientside code, so require a proper patch. Obviously the real numbercrunching is serverside, so can be easily hotfixed without deploying a patch to every client.

Also, a bit sad to hear it's just a tiny buff to mastery gained per point, but it's actually precisely what I expected to see when I read it. It sounded like a thing Blizz would do for shamans, since they seem really afraid to overshoot buffs by even a tiny margin and thus prefer to err on the side of "this buff does almost nothing" instead. Oh well, at least I knew what I was getting into when rolling a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyKat View Post
    This is exactly what it is. Tooltips and such are clientside code, so require a proper patch. Obviously the real numbercrunching is serverside, so can be easily hotfixed without deploying a patch to every client.
    WoW can download small files in the background you won't notice it. So there isn't a need of a classic client patch.
    On EU I already have updated tooltips. You can see it easy when you look at chain lightning because it now generates 6 maelstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    WoW can download small files in the background you won't notice it. So there isn't a need of a classic client patch.
    On EU I already have updated tooltips. You can see it easy when you look at chain lightning because it now generates 6 maelstrom
    But they need to deploy that file out to the environments to have players download it, like we've said it all depends on how they structure their code.

But they need to deploy that file out to the environments to have players download it, like we've said it all depends on how they structure their code.
    in the end it is much better as before.
    was a hell to live with wrong tooltips for weeks until a proper client patch.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2016-09-28 at 05:17 PM.