Logic behind Mythic + keystones?

This week i got a +5keystone from my class hall chest (completed a +7 lastweek). essentially taking the oppertunity for loot on mythic +2 +3 and +4 from my(and my entire groups) keystone of the week. of course i can and will run other peoples, but why force that? i guess it saved my "progression" about a hour time and 2 runs, but i wont trade my loot chances for that if i had a choice...

Also ran a depleted lvl 2 keystone, we figured if we did it really fast we would still get loot for mythic +3 and +4 and recieve the upgrade lvl 5 keystone to then use again. instead the keystone leveled 3 times to a +5, and we still recived no loot for mythic +3 and 4 we skipped by going fast. so we got punished for not taking a nap at the end of the depleted +2 and then running the +3 keystone we would have got, instead of a +5.

both situations seem like absolute nonsense.

What further information do you need besides the no loot symbol and it telling you that you won't receive anything?

Also, it was already widely known that you get your highest level minus 2 for the key in the chest the following week. It's obvious they do that to prevent people from farming lower levels when they clearly out gear it.

If you really want to start from scratch, you can try deleting you current keystone and doing a mythic run for a new one. I'm not gonna risk it myself with my stone, but if you really want the lower tier loot that badly, it might be worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    What further information do you need besides the no loot symbol and it telling you that you won't receive anything?

Also, it was already widely known that you get your highest level minus 2 for the key in the chest the following week. It's obvious they do that to prevent people from farming lower levels when they clearly out gear it.
    I gotta say, I do agree that depleted stones should still give loot for the skipped levels, if applicable. But I think the rest of the system is fine.