Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If "Normal is ridiculously easy" why not allow it on LFR for those that do not have the interest in dealing with the drama of the LFG tool?

That easy argument always baffles me.
    Because not being on a easy, one button away queue, stops and weeds out the worse players. It doesn't always work, but atleast as PuG most of the time you can find something workable.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    So should the end of tier mythic raid boss mount be given out to people who kill the boss on LFR? The whole point of things like that is to reward people who do various levels of content. Different difficulties offer different transmog gear, titles, mounts etc and these artifact skins are no different. Those artifact appearances are a reward for players who have made the shift from LFR to organised raiding and also serve to encourage people to make that move. Perhaps blizzard should have just made them a drop rather than a quest chain.
    That would be fine and i would agree if couple things were met:

- There is no ingame indication that Corrupted Essences cant drop from LFR.
    - This is a quest with lore in it. Thats a problem. Same as putting story (even minor one) into ONLY arena skirmishes.
    - The every.single.one skin variation has nothing to do with raids, and one even with organized group play (aka world boss zerg).
    - The basic skin is gated, even tho people unlocked other variations. It is impossible to unlock other variants in any other tier before unlocking base.

If they wanted to do this raid only they could put every skin variation into another raid tier. Like, kill Xavius on Normal, Kill Gul'Dan on Normal etc. Ofc this would spoil other tiers but they could also do: Complete EN on at least LFR difficulty, Kill Normal/Heroic/Mythic Xavius, Kill Normal/Heroic/Mythic Gul'Dan, Complete Keystone+15.

They fucked up this tier. Pure and simple. It doesnt make sense even from design point.

First tier is locked into story quests.
    Second tier is for your artifact investment.
    Third tier is hot mess.
    Fourth tier is pvp specific, or more, Honor specific.
    Fifth one hidden and need to be found.

Every make sense, but not third. World bosses are zerg fest with free taging aka gw2 style. Archivement run give mount AND skin variation. Mythic Dungeones are designed partially for people who dont want to raid or simply cant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Because not being on a easy, one button away queue, stops and weeds out the worse players. It doesn't always work, but atleast as PuG most of the time you can find something workable.
    If you think they are worse players because they dont do raids other than LFR then there is something wrong with how you see other people.

Blizzards is saying - go, you need challenge to get that skin, work on it. And then put it into Normal Mode... Which was puged and cleared first day. Me myself go to Cenarius on launch day with random pug. Its almost like they are trolling community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    So should the end of tier mythic raid boss mount be given out to people who kill the boss on LFR? The whole point of things like that is to reward people who do various levels of content. Different difficulties offer different transmog gear, titles, mounts etc and these artifact skins are no different. Those artifact appearances are a reward for players who have made the shift from LFR to organised raiding and also serve to encourage people to make that move. Perhaps blizzard should have just made them a drop rather than a quest chain.
    You are comparing a mythic reward to a normal reward? Isn't that a bit out of proportion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    So you want that all "bad LFR" players "infest" your EN normal PUGs because they want to complete the quest? Really? Why would people want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says,I'm sorry but not being able to do the two Artifact Quests in LFR is bullshit.

The two quests I am talking about is In Nightmares and Essence of Power. These quests from what I been reading can not be completed in LFR.

I tweeted blizzard to confirm and will post the reply when and if I get it.

If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    People became too addicted to the automatization of everything, now they can't even bother trying to find a group for themselves.

They trust the RNG group finder more them themselves, it speaks volumes about the individual in question even though he has been conditioned to behave like this.

Deleted
    This thread was not a pleasant read. To the OP, seriously "champ" do you know the expression 'You get out what you put in'?

If it's not clear, that means you make an effort and you are rewarded. LFR justifies nothing, LFR is a means for casual and lazy people to see all the content Blizzard produced and get welfare epics in the process. LFR is a privilege more than anything else and you should be thankful you have it at all. Stop begging for everything to be delivered at the shake of a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Neta View Post
    This thread was not a pleasant read. To the OP, seriously "champ" do you know the expression 'You get out what you put in'?

If it's not clear, that means you make an effort and you are rewarded. LFR justifies nothing, LFR is a means for casual and lazy people to see all the content Blizzard produced and get welfare epics in the process. LFR is a privilege more than anything else and you should be thankful you have it at all. Stop begging for everything to be delivered at the shake of a stick.
    Because clearing Normal is something only the really prestigious players can do
    Face it, it takes more willpower to endure a LFR run than a Normal Mode PUG where people interact with others even less than on LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who doesn't run above LFR, I'm fine with the artifact appearance quests being confined to Normal+. There's plenty of other appearances that can be unlocked outside raiding or dedicated PvP. It's a carrot on the stick without directly punishing players who don't raid Normal+ (except for completionists, but that can be addressed by buying carries).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People became too addicted to the automatization of everything, now they can't even bother trying to find a group for themselves.

They trust the RNG group finder more them themselves, it speaks volumes about the individual in question even though he has been conditioned to behave like this.
    Or it speaks for the community, something that I rather deal with as little as possible. Group Finder is a cesspool and I rather avoid it as much as I can.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Or it speaks for the community, something that I rather deal with as little as possible. Group Finder is a cesspool and I rather avoid it as much as I can.
    Exactly this. Also, I repeat once again: LFR exists so everybody can participate in the story. Your artifact questline is part of this story. It should be in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Exactly this. Also, I repeat once again: LFR exists so everybody can participate in the story. Your artifact questline is part of this story. It should be in LFR.
    Balance of Power has nothing to do with the story of Legion.

It is a poorly veiled excuse to give people who participate in organised PVE additional rewards.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

There really isn't much story involved in it to be honest.

Kalecgos goes: "You got this cool weapon, go get shit in a raid so we can power it up".

Then you return with it and you get like 30000 artifact power, and he then tells you to get more shit in some 5-mans.

After doing that he then tells you to wait for the release of Nighthold so you can (you guessed it), get more shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    There really isn't much story involved in it to be honest.

Kalecgos goes: "You got this cool weapon, go get shit in a raid so we can power it up".

Then you return with it and you get like 30000 artifact power, and he then tells you to get more shit in some 5-mans.

After doing that he then tells you to wait for the release of Nighthold so you can (you guessed it), get more shit.
    Then I will settle with my Star's design and just forget about this clusterfuck. Quests where you have to collect things from raid bosses which not even drop 100% of the time should be banished. As if a weekly raid lockout is not enough...

Then I will settle with my Star's design and just forget about this clusterfuck. Quests where you have to collect things from raid bosses which not even drop 100% of the time should be banished. As if a weekly raid lockout is not enough...
    If you don't care about the eventual appearance, then you're really not missing out on anything here. The only reason I'm doing it is because it comes naturally when I raid anyway.

Bad players complain about the """community""" as if it's a single, unified thing. Except that, if you run into 50 assholes in the group finder per day, chances are that you are the asshole. I had nothing but pleasant experiences even on my 830 alt without linking any achievements.

>inb4 anecdotal evidence

All you have is anecdotal evidence too.

The ugly truth is that you're simply bad and people aren't obliged to carry you. You're not entitled to anything. The only requirement to find a group and finish normal mode is having a working pulse. If you can't manage to do that then no, you should not get any handouts. Go back to your garrison if you want the game to play itself.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Deleted
    Sorry but it's not bullshit. It's great!

You are comparing a mythic reward to a normal reward? Isn't that a bit out of proportion?
    It's not really a bad comparison. They want something that is entirely cosmetic to be available in LFR. Why not make the mounts from mythic end bosses drops in LFR too if that's the case? It's just cosmetic, just a mount, it doesn't affect your character power in any way at all.

Why stop at a quest that requires normal? Where do you draw the line? This is like complaining that because I leveled in PvP and didn't do the story quests, I didn't get artifact appearances from finishing the quests for Pillars of Creation. I want the same appearances as everyone else without having to do the content behind them too! Every appearance is gated behind some achievement or accomplishment in the game; whether it's from PvP, finding/looting your hidden appearance in one of the various ways they're available, or questing through the zones, they all require some form of effort. The only reason that this is even an "issue" is because some players want to play WoW like a single player game where they get the same things everyone else does while avoiding the "multiplayer" part of an MMO. LFR is the equivalent of having a bunch of bots complete the raid for you.

I don't particularly want to PvP a whole lot outside of the occasional fight while world questing; does this mean I deserve the PvP appearances just because I want it and don't want to participate in organized PvP? No. You get what you put into the game.

I will, however, concede that Blizzard should have marked the quests appropriately as raid quests that could not be completed in LFR. This was a mistake on their part and should not have happened. However, this doesn't mean you deserve the same rewards as everyone else for not doing the content.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2016-11-03 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Fixed a poorly worded section

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    It's not really a bad comparison. They want something that is entirely cosmetic to be available in LFR. Why not make the mounts from mythic end bosses drops in LFR too if that's the case? It's just cosmetic, just a mount, it doesn't affect your character power in any way at all.

Why stop at a quest that requires normal? Where do you draw the line? This is like complaining that because I leveled in PvP and didn't do the story quests, I didn't get artifact appearances from finishing the quests for Pillars of Creation. I want the same appearances as everyone else without having to do the content behind them too! Every appearance is gated behind some achievement or accomplishment in the game; whether it's from PvP, finding/looting your hidden appearance in one of the various ways they're available, or questing through the zones, they all require some form of effort. The only reason that this is even an "issue" is because some players want to play WoW like a single player game where they get the same things everyone else does while avoiding the "multiplayer" part of an MMO. LFR is the equivalent of having a bunch of bots complete the raid for you.

I don't particularly want to PvP a whole lot outside of the occasional fight while world questing; does this mean I deserve the PvP appearances just because I want it and don't want to participate in organized PvP? No. You get what you put into the game.

I will, however, concede that Blizzard should have marked the quests appropriately as raid quests that could not be completed in LFR. This was a mistake on their part and should not have happened. However, this doesn't mean you deserve the same rewards as everyone else for not doing the content.
    The difference is that the mount is a special thing which is communicated beforehand accordingly and fits the "tradition" of the game. You got mimiron's head only from the endboss of Ulduar in the hardest mode. You got Invincible only from LK 25HC. You got both Amani bears by beating the timer (=hardmode). TotC had hardmode mounts as well etc.

But this questline goes all over the place, is quite long, and is heavily gated by time (like 30 essences and continuation in a raid which is not even released yet). We had this concept before, in the legendary cloak and ring questlines. These have been requiring some harder dungeons (at that time heroic), but also raids - and the raid parts were perfectly fine to finish with LFR. So, to keep up the consistent approach, the artifact questline should also be free for LFR. But they break the consistency, and for what reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

More like I trust it over other players

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    More like I trust it over other players
    Guess what, when you join LFR or any RNG group finder, you're still playing with other players

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Balance of Power has nothing to do with the story of Legion.

It is a poorly veiled excuse to give people who participate in organised PVE additional rewards.
    This. It has less to do with the overall story than the lrevious lfr farmed legendaries even. The story is just about collecting some stuff to buff your artifact, ie uock the new appearance.