10+ Year Old Account
    So, people who raid normal and up aren't allowed a single special reward for that? Talk about entitlement. Blizzard already gave you mythic gear for free, if you want the fancy artifact skins you'll have to put a mild amount of effort into raiding an easy dungeon on a really easy difficulty for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-09-28 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Because large amounts of angry uninformed plebs have always influenced development decisions. *looks at flying* Well, maybe not.
    Flying got a compromise. Instead of it not being available at all it became available via an achievement.

The compromise I want for this is the ability to get the 8 world boss skin without having to farm raids for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    World bosses require a raid and some coordination to kill.
    40 people can't kill a world boss by tagging once and then afking, can they?
    Just need to heal a tank, and throw numbers at the boss. That is about the limits of required coordination for the encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but neither can 25 people afk in LFR so I'm not exactly seeing your point. A WB boss is quite a bit easier than even LFR is since you can in fact tag it without a group and afk for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    So, people who raid normal and up aren't allowed a single special reward for that? Talk about entitlement.
    Of course they are. Just not a reward HE wants.

They're not artifact quests, they're for a custom appearance. Like mythic gear, or mounts from the raid achievements. You can't get everything from LFR.

Deleted
    Aha, hmm, yes. Or I could use judgement once and get all the 860 loot and second tint.
    I don't need a raid. 60 other people don't need a raid. One 40man raid, 12 of them still in Dalaran, can kill it. with 20 other guys tagging it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    No, but neither can 25 people afk in LFR so I'm not exactly seeing your point. A WB boss is quite a bit easier than even LFR is since you can in fact tag it without a group and afk for loot.
    Organized, meaning non premade.
    And no, a WB is at equivalent level to LFR, however it requires more individual effort than joining the group finder and afking.
    That, and that particular skin is locked behind 8 bosses, assuming there's a different boss every week with no repeats, takes 2 months to complete. Could take less if they decide to add 2 wb's, could take longer if wb repeat.

And again, normal is piss easy. You just have to organize the group.

The reward isn't for normal mode per se, it's for organized group content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Aha, hmm, yes. Or I could use judgement once and get all the 860 loot and second tint.
    I don't need a raid. 60 other people don't need a raid. One 40man raid, 12 of them still in Dalaran, can kill it. with 20 other guys tagging it once.
    Enjoy your 2 month + wait, and if what people are saying is true, you're still gonna have to do balance of power to get it.
    I've seen the 3rd skin (not hidden) in dal on illi already, but, idk. Either way, I'm unbothered. I'll eventually have the skin but I'm not pressed.

The tears in this thread have been amazing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    And should you also not get the World boss one even though you did clear it?
    I am not even sure what you are trying to say here.

If there is an unlock via a world boss and I killed the world boss I should get the appearance.

If there is an unlock via normal mode and I did not finish normal mode I should not get it.

This is the same as saying I should get a Moose mount even though I only cleared LFR.
    No you didnt clear Heroic so you dont get the mount.
    Been like this since the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Organized, meaning non premade.
    And no, a WB is at equivalent level to LFR, however it requires more individual effort than joining the group finder and afking.
    That, and that particular skin is locked behind 8 bosses, assuming there's a different boss every week with no repeats, takes 2 months to complete. Could take less if they decide to add 2 wb's, could take longer if wb repeat.

And again, normal is piss easy. You just have to organize the group.

The reward isn't for normal mode per se, it's for organized group content.
    I wouldn't agree that a WB requires more effort than LFR since you can literally walk up there, cast one spell and afk for loot. I don't have a problem with one or two of the tints requiring raiding, I'm just a little annoyed that the quest is built up as unlocking the next part of your artifact (yes I know it's purely cosmetic) only to have it blocked off by something I don't really want to do. In the end I'll get my Valourous skin anyhow so it's really not that big a deal, just wish they would have warned people before they started so you don't end up with a half finished quest line. They really should have just made a raider specific skin like the pvp one rather than making a "Organized group" skin that requires Mythic dungeons and raids, especially when Mythics and Raids are suppose to be seperate progression paths.

Getting some decent amount of essences from normal today

I wouldn't agree that a WB requires more effort than LFR since you can literally walk up there, cast one spell and afk for loot. I don't have a problem with one or two of the tints requiring raiding, I'm just a little annoyed that the quest is built up as unlocking the next part of your artifact (yes I know it's purely cosmetic) only to have it blocked off by something I don't really want to do. In the end I'll get my Valourous skin anyhow so it's really not that big a deal, just wish they would have warned people before they started so you don't end up with a half finished quest line. They really should have just made a raider specific skin like the pvp one rather than making a "Organized group" skin that requires Mythic dungeons and raids, especially when Mythics and Raids are suppose to be seperate progression paths.
    Why? The game is based around organized grouping since it's inception.
    The first leg of the quest requires you to form an organized group. Was it somehow not clear that this would be an organized group based questline by that in it's first two steps?

- - - Updated - - -

anyway this is what's wrong with the playerbase nowadays.
    hurr, I can tag/afk a boss and I should be rewarded equally.

Global tags are good in theory, but they allow this sort of asshat behavior to grow and flourish

Deleted
    Pretty happy that; that's a thing. Normal is imo the bare minimum effort you should be putting into raiding content so i'm happy the questline has a normal req. Not hating on LFR, it fills a decent niche but people have to expect being gated out of content because they're not stepping into hard enough content.

It's not part of some required chain. It's for an artifact appearance.

What's next, crying because you're unable to get the skin/color for mythic guldan from lfr?

Quote Originally Posted by ShrubLove View Post

What's next, crying because you're unable to get the skin/color for mythic guldan from lfr?
    WTF. You can only get the Mythic Gul'dan skin from Mythic Gul'dan? That's it I'm done with WoW. Unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrubLove View Post

Oh god I can see the crying for the infernal already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? The game is based around organized grouping since it's inception.
    The first leg of the quest requires you to form an organized group. Was it somehow not clear that this would be an organized group based questline by that in it's first two steps?
    If that was really true, why is it only a small minority that actually participates in organized raiding? I know Blizzard has been pushing raids since the games inception, doesn't mean it's what most people do though.

they should have locked it behind an achieve for normal or above not a quest.. if its a quest it should be doable in LFR.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If that was really true, why is it only a small minority that actually participates in organized raiding? I know Blizzard has been pushing raids since the games inception, doesn't mean it's what most people do though.
    Because participation numbers are skewed with characters that haven't leveled to max, or leveled to max and are banished to profession bots.

Deleted
    Enjoy your 2 month + wait, and if what people are saying is true, you're still gonna have to do balance of power to get it.
    I've seen the 3rd skin (not hidden) in dal on illi already, but, idk. Either way, I'm unbothered. I'll eventually have the skin but I'm not pressed.
    Yes, I will have to. And that is what we are talking about. Why isn't the base color the easiest of the 4 like with all other forms.