Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation 2/3 of American women are now Plus Size

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-wome...r-most-2422794

The issue of women’s weight made its appearance during the debate when Clinton called out Trump for the nasty things he has said about some women, including comedian Rosie O’Donnell and former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, whom he called “Miss Piggy” for gaining weight after she was crowned, among others.

Trump called O’Donnell a “pig” and a “loser,” saying she had a “fat, ugly face,” after she called him a “snake oil salesman.” He told Machado she’d never be an actress because “nobody wants fat girls on TV.”

Though Trump and the fashion industry think thin is in, most women are not.

Some 67 percent of American women are considered plus-size, size 14 or larger. But only 1 or 2 percent of the women seen in mainstream media are of the larger variety.
    A study by Washington State university researchers Deborah Christel and Susan Dunn found the average woman wears size 16 to 18.

The numbers, however, are deceptive. What was a size 12 two decades ago is now labled a size 6 or 8.

American women are about 25 pounds heavier on average now than they were in 1960, an 18.5 percent increase, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports. That means the average woman today weighs 166.2 pounds, as much as the average man did in 1960. Since 1960, Americans are about an inch taller.

HealthCheck Systems puts the ideal weight for an average height woman (5-foot-4) at 114 to 151 pounds, depending on frame. For 166 pounds to be a healthy weight, a woman would need to be 5-foot-8 and large framed.

The BBC broadcast a documentary on the autopsy of a 5-foot-5 Long Beach, California, woman weighing 238 pounds who died of heart failure to show the effects of obesity on the body. The woman carried much of her fat around the belly, and the pathologist performing the autopsy said she had trouble cutting through the tissue.
    The heart was baggy and weighed nearly twice what would have been expected, showing the damage excess fat can have on internal organs.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-wome...r-most-2422794

This is absolutely insane.
    Did anyone know it was this high?
    It's crazy to think that 2 out of 3 women that you run into will be plus size!

It's also interesting that almost all successful women in the media are not overweight. The whole notion of telling people that they are fine as they are is incredibly flawed. It's time we woke up as a society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fat shamming?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably only increase, with all this 'body positivity'.

This will be good...

This will be good. *grabs popcorn*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Are you fat shamming?!?!
    Fat shaming doesn't exist actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Bless your heart, Tennisace.

Then no shaming exists.

It's just a poor use of the word shaming, it's not a rebuttal of the concept. Call it "Biggertry" if that feels better.

In fact, just call it "Biggertry" because it's a great word.

Ya, go figure the Standard American Diet of high carb, high sugar and ultra processed food is making a majority of women fat.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

mo cushion for pushin, mo squeezing for pleasing, as I always say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    mo cushion for pushin, mo squeezing for pleasing, as I always say.
    Really? Do you actually practice what you preach or is it all talk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people like the chubs.

I can see the appeal of a little bit of extra weight, but I wouldn't enter into a relationship with such a person.

that I like thinker women? kinda creepy of you to ask to back that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

I can see the appeal of a little bit of extra weight, but I wouldn't enter into a relationship with such a person.
    I'm sure there are some people but it doesn't correlate to 67% of the population. What's going to happen to the excess chubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

A little extra weight =/= plus size. Especially on shorter girls.

Barely anyone truly cares about a little bit of extra weight, especially if its on thighs and booty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand this 'need' to be fat. I gained weight because of a medication and it caused horrible problems, like pain walking, needing to buy new clothes (I dont shop often), more thyroid issues, sleep problems, and lethargy. I worked hard and got most of the weight off, I'm not the same size but I'm back to being healthy, why would anyone want to stay fat?

lol. this topic. i just read on the internet that cats are actually related to dogs in more ways than we already thought they were.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    that I like thinker women? kinda creepy of you to ask to back that up.
    You just made a questionable assertion. It's only right that we hold you accountable for it. Did you involve yourself with individuals fitting the dimensions you stated above?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like thicker girls. Can't do the super skinny ones.

But either way super skinny and the larger girls need to get healthier. Not in any regards to how they look but just for their own health. Overly skinny and overweight can both have serious consequences.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

You just made a questionable assertion. It's only right that we hold you accountable for it. Did you involve yourself with individuals fitting the dimensions you stated above?
    hold me accountable for my own opinions, bawahahaha, oh you're a funny fucker tenn. what you want me to PM you those text conversations? you want pics? how do I know you wont beat off to it later? it's very steamy.