Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Protests in Charlotte, North Carolina

Live stream here:
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/live-s...orth-carolina/

Protests have grown into a moving crowd of several hundred as people gather to voice their anger over recent high profile shootings by police of black men.

I believe that this event is going to have a massive impact on the elections here, considering this is all unfolding just days before the first and arguably most important presidential debate. Donald Trump has taken the unusual route of attempting to court the black vote as a Republican, but he has been criticized for being very pro-police, as well as for being a bigot and a racist.

Hillary Clinton made her opinion on the matter of police shootings clear early on:
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/11/hi...as-isis-video/

Clinton has made it clear that she considers these racist police shootings to be the equivalent of terrorism. Many liberals hope that in light of these events, Clinton will go one step further and promise to use drone strikes against racist police officers just the way they are used against suspected terrorists under the Obama administration.

Either way, we are watching history unravel before our eyes. I hope that people take the opportunity to watch the live stream of the protests.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Clinton has made it clear that she considers these racist police shootings to be the equivalent of terrorism. Many liberals hope that in light of these events, Clinton will go one step further and promise to use drone strikes against racist police officers just the way they are used against suspected terrorists under the Obama administration.
    Wait, what? No way this is serious.

Live stream here:
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/live-s...orth-carolina/

Protests have grown into a moving crowd of several hundred as people gather to voice their anger over recent high profile shootings by police of black men.

I believe that this event is going to have a massive impact on the elections here, considering this is all unfolding just days before the first and arguably most important presidential debate. Donald Trump has taken the unusual route of attempting to court the black vote as a Republican, but he has been criticized for being very pro-police, as well as for being a bigot and a racist.

Hillary Clinton made her opinion on the matter of police shootings clear early on:
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/11/hi...as-isis-video/

Either way, we are watching history unravel before our eyes. I hope that people take the opportunity to watch the live stream of the protests.
    Rofl, drone strikes against cops. The utter stupidity of some people.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Those are riots, not protests.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

My understanding is that when a black cop shoots a black guy it's Trump's fault because of white supremacy or something. Can anyone confirm or deny?

That damn social media, it's where 90% of people get their news from and it leaves out important parts like "police say he had a gun".

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Hmm looks like things are getting violent, tear gas being used, people attacking cars
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Rofl, drone strikes against cops. The utter stupidity of some people.
    More often than not the stupidity in question is that of the guy pretending that it's actually a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's genius. Cop does something questionable? Nuke him from orbit! What will they think of next?

Sauce for this outrageously hilarious bullshit, please.

Or should we just start laughing now?

Yes, liberals (all of them btw) want drone strikes on racist police officers. Hillary2016#

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wait, what? No way this is serious.
    They are that freaking crazy to think it could happen. They also think the cops are just doing drive bys like gang members.....Hey there is a black dude! Let's get him!!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

7+ Year Old Account
    Jeezus, I just realized it would be child's play for someone to buy one of those commercially available drones and rig a bomb to it. Then:

Wait till police are gathered in a riot line and drop it right on them.

Crap....

If I've thought of this, someone willing to do it has too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes, liberals (all of them btw) want drone strikes on racist police officers. Hillary2016#
    Clearly, the only alternative is violent revolution.

CNN reporters getting tear gassed and beat up on camera.

Maybe there won't be an election this year, maybe things are just going to be decided in the streets.

Now ive seen everything, drone strikes against police officers must be the most fucked up thing anyone ever acused crooked hillary of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I cant seem to find where does she advocate for drone strikes or an important group of liberals advocating for drone strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    My understanding is that when a black cop shoots a black guy it's Trump's fault because of white supremacy or something. Can anyone confirm or deny?
    Well spectral you haven't followed many New York cases because when the black and latino cops shot a guy on his wedding night there were tons of protest and the issue was just police in general, not "white supremacy"

There have been a number of protests and public outcry over things done by minority cops as well as white cops involved, the main thing was cops regardless of race. The issue they've been complaining about has been the lives of minorities not mattering when cops kill them, not when the cop is white or black or asian or latino, but just cop. Since cops are often seen as a separate race by some.
    Last edited by Themius; 2016-09-22 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently someone died during the protest?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So apparently someone died during the protest?
    Yeah, somebody was shot in the head, but it wasn't by the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many liberals hope that in light of these events, Clinton will go one step further and promise to use drone strikes against racist police officers just the way they are used against suspected terrorists under the Obama administration.
    You were doing so well sounding like a reasonable person posting about modern events but then you had to go fuck it up by making up nonsense.

Or is this like your "lots of people think the Manhattan explosion is a false flag by Trump" post before that ended up being a tweet you saw that you magically couldn't find later.

Can we maybe possibly have a reasonable discussion without making up blatantly false partisan nonsense?

OT: I'm not sure why the Charlotte shooting is getting all the drama? Didn't they basically show he had a gun and was refusing to drop it?

It seems that the Tulsa shooting was far far worse and more warranted for protesting.

It's kind of sad I have to worry about mixing up my police shootings. This has really gotten out of control -- both the shootings and the reactions to them, especially before facts are really known.