Loot specialization stats for Fire

I've been getting a lot of gear with Versatility and Master even though my loot specialization is set to Fire. Does Blizzard consider Versatility a legitimate stat for Fire Mages? I'm only bringing this up because the last 5 items I've gotten have had Versatility as the main stat and Mastery as the secondary. I haven't seen a crit item in the last two weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raisauce View Post
    I've been getting a lot of gear with Versatility and Master even though my loot specialization is set to Fire. Does Blizzard consider Versatility a legitimate stat for Fire Mages? I'm only bringing this up because the last 5 items I've gotten have had Versatility as the main stat and Mastery as the secondary. I haven't seen a crit item in the last two weeks.
    All mage loot specs have the same item table except for relics in dungeons. In worldquests you can get frost relics even if you're set to fire as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    All mage loot specs have the same item table except for relics in dungeons. In worldquests you can get frost relics even if you're set to fire as well.
    "loot specialization" for mages = int dps gear. The stats are in no way EVER factored in when the game determines your spec with the exception of healers and spirit.

Back in the day, when int gear could have spirit on it, the loot specialization would make sure NOT to give spirit gear to dps specced players, but since spirit isn't on gear anymore, any int cloth = mage gear (regardless of spec.)
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    "loot specialization" for mages = int dps gear. The stats are in no way EVER factored in when the game determines your spec with the exception of healers and spirit.

Back in the day, when int gear could have spirit on it, the loot specialization would make sure NOT to give spirit gear to dps specced players, but since spirit isn't on gear anymore, any int cloth = mage gear (regardless of spec.)
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I said, mage loot specs have one item table. Relics being the exception as you don't get frost relics dropping from bosses while fire specced.

yeah but why. WTF is the point of a loot specialization then?

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    yeah but why. WTF is the point of a loot specialization then?
    So that you don't get frost relics or a frost legendary when all you play is fire?

I get frost relics every other day. I have like 6 in my bag now

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    I get frost relics every other day. I have like 6 in my bag now
    Not from bosses though. Word quests will still drop them.