Deleted

EU parliament backs visa-free travel for Ukraine

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu...-idUSKCN11W20H

Ukrainians' hopes of securing visa-free travel to the European Union received a boost on Monday when a key committee of the European Parliament backed their cause, but further hurdles remain.

Ukraine, an ex-Soviet republic of 45 million people, faces stiffer resistance from some EU member states at a time of heightened public concern over immigration after more than a million migrants and refugees arrived in the bloc last year.

The European Parliament's Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs committee backed the proposal for visa-free travel for Ukraine by 38 votes to four against.

A team of lawmakers will now start negotiations on the matter with the European Council, which brings together representatives of the EU member states.

The powerful duo of Germany and France oppose granting more visa-free movement before the bloc has beefed up an emergency mechanism that will allow the swift suspension of more lenient travel rules in the event of a sharp increase in immigration.

Negotiations on this so-called 'suspension mechanism' have ground to a halt, denting the hopes for visa-free travel to the EU of another former Soviet republic, Georgia.

Ukraine is also a more complicated case for the EU as it is much bigger than Georgia and shares a direct border with EU countries such as Poland, Slovakia and Hungary, which are part of Europe's Schengen zone of free travel.

The EU backs Ukraine in its confrontation with Russia, which annexed the Black Sea peninsula of Crimea from Kiev in March 2014 and sides with rebels who later took up arms against government troops in Ukraine's industrial east.

But some EU states are frustrated with what they see as Kiev's slow progress on social and economic reforms, including fighting rampant corruption.
    Guess Angela Merkel needs more cheap labour for German industries to fill the gaps since the Middle Eastern "refugees" are not willing to work. I am being told that neighbouring Poland took 1 000 000 Ukrainians since the crisis began, and I didn't hear no complaigning about them. Guess they must be hard working immigrants?

Good fo them though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Guess Angela Merkel needs more cheap labour for German industries...
    'The powerful duo of Germany and France oppose granting more visa-free movement...'

Why don't you actually read what you quote before shitposting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    'The powerful duo of Germany and France oppose granting more visa-free movement...'

Why don't you actually read what you quote before shitposting?
    BEFORE INTRODUCING

Why don't you try understanding what you are reading

Ill take the ukranian refugees with open arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Yeah but you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah but you won't.
    Yes I will

Deleted
    Yes I will
    get back to me when you actually do

get back to me when you actually do
    I like Ukrainians because they aren't known for terrorism or sexual abuse of women (unlike nameless others). Hopefully we only admit ukranian refugees when trump takes over. Plus ukranians look like me and have similar cultures that will make integration very easy for them.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-09-28 at 08:38 AM.

As long as they aren't brown amirite?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I like Ukrainians because they aren't known for terrorism or sexual abuse of women (unlike nameless others). Hopefully we only admit ukranian refugees when trump takes over. Plus ukranians look like me and have similar cultures that will make integration very easy for them.
    So, you're Russian?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, you're Russian?
    Nope, I just like them is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    As long as they aren't brown amirite?
    Aint saying you wrong if you know what I'm sayin, amirite?.

Deleted
    Have u seen their circus parliament?

They would fit better in africa union, not eu.
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2016-09-28 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    You won't take any major number, cause you're on the other side of the globe.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, I just like them is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Aint saying you wrong if you know what I'm sayin, amirite?.
    Have you like... ever seen a Ukrainian? Just curios.

You won't take any major number, cause you're on the other side of the globe.
    Wait, what? So he wants Russians in NA? Is that it? Let them go, I'd like the Ukrainian/Russian invasion of the US/Canada idea. Let them deal with them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

This is good news for Ukraine. Getting visa-free travel will bring a lot of money into Ukraine as people leaving to work in other countries send money back home to their families.

Now might not being the time for it as the EU is a little anti-immigrant at the moment.

But it's a great way to thwart an expansionist Russia without spending money on military stuff.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-09-28 at 11:48 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland