Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Koralon's Burning Touch. How to use it?

Tittle. What's the actual rotation for this item? Scorch has no travel time and makes everything awkward.
    Last edited by Biowned; 2016-09-28 at 08:20 AM.

Basically, once the mob is below 25% health, cast it whenever you would've cast a fireball, and that's it. Scorch's 50% spellpower times the 350% equals 175% spellpower worth of damage, which is the same as a fireball, but scorch casts about half a second faster, even counting artifact traits.

The instant travel time does make it a bit awkward for the Scorch+Pyro combo, but the faster cast time leads to more heating up procs, as well as a faster stacking ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Basically, once the mob is below 25% health, cast it whenever you would've cast a fireball, and that's it. Scorch's 50% spellpower times the 350% equals 175% spellpower worth of damage, which is the same as a fireball, but scorch casts about half a second faster, even counting artifact traits.

The instant travel time does make it a bit awkward for the Scorch+Pyro combo, but the faster cast time leads to more heating up procs, as well as a faster stacking ignite.
    I see, what about Kindling/CiS?

Quote Originally Posted by Biowned View Post
    I see, what about Kindling/CiS?
    What about that it doesn't proc pyretic incantation?

Deleted
    So I got my hands on this and while I'm certainly happy that I didn't get a worse one (the boots would've been my nightmare) I feel like they didn't really think this one through.

Obvious bonus:

Fireball damage with a shorter cast time while moving

Flaws:

* Outside of bosses, everything else dies so fast from 25% that I am lucky to get a single beneficial Scorch out between 25 and 0 % [talking mythic+ 8 trash here e.g., but obviously also world quests, heroics and whatnot)
    * Scorch does not benefit from enhanced Pyrotechnics. Have had some awful bad luck streaks (58% crit) that would have been literally impossible with fireball casts.
    * Scorch has no travel time, making Pyro fishing [launching Pyro and Fireball so that they hit at the same time, giving you double the chance for a hot streak proc] impossible
    * Scorch also doesn't work with kindling which is a big offender to me as I'm not exactly a fan of Cinderstorm

And this isn't even taking into account possible downsides from Artifact Traits.

With the last two points I am seriously pondering if it's even worth casting Scorch over Ice Floes + Fireball. It just seems way too weak compared to other legendaries considering that the main upside of it seems to be movement which Fire Mages already have tons of.
    Last edited by mmoccdde410f5d; 2016-10-03 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    So I got this legendary tonight as well and I'm not sure if it's worth casting scorch either... An execute would've been pretty cool, but it really doesn't hit that hard at all :/

I also got the heroic unstable horrorslime, which seems pretty good!

It's good when you have to move when sub-25% obviously.

People seem to have conflicting opinions if it's worth to go full-scorch at -25% but I'm fairly certain it's a dps increase to do so, however you might have to run Cinderstorm to really benefit from it as you will lose too many crits without Enhanced Pyrotecnics.

Also our 2-set in Nighthold should make this legendary (even) worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It's good when you have to move when sub-25% obviously.

People seem to have conflicting opinions if it's worth to go full-scorch at -25% but I'm fairly certain it's a dps increase to do so, however you might have to run Cinderstorm to really benefit from it as you will lose too many crits without Enhanced Pyrotecnics.

Also our 2-set in Nighthold should make this legendary (even) worse.
    Bah, so it IS a shit legendary. I'll just ignore the whole scorch shit.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Bah, so it IS a shit legendary. I'll just ignore the whole scorch shit.
    I never said ignore the whole scorch thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I never said ignore the whole scorch thing.
    I know you didn't. I did

Anyone tested this belt on ptr?
    I'm asking coz i just dropped it
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Technically it's even worse.

Same weaknesses but lower damage. From 175% SP that could crit, at least, to a 100%SP (it's always crit) that still doesn't proc HU nor Kindling CDR.
    Far worse then Norgannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post

Same weaknesses but lower damage. From 175% SP that could crit, at least, to a 100%SP (it's always crit) that still doesn't proc HU nor Kindling CDR.
    It would be better then Norgannon even if it didn't have an effect. It has crit Norgannon doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post

What? Scorch procs Heating Up. (Unless HU means something else entirely)

The change here is not so much in damage. The current iteration makes it hard to follow up a insta-pyro with a scorch because you could munch a HU proc if the scorch did not crit (because of travel time). The new change makes so that you can just spam scorch + insta-pyros sub-25%.

Ah?does it?
    I dont remember the last time i casted it honestly ^^

I have the belt and have found that in its current state it's only really useful in high movement execute phases (Cenarius and Xavius mainly), and on aoe trash for M+ (better damage when getting fast flamestrikes). In most scenarios, I think it is still better to fireball.

HOWEVER, if the PTR changes go through for this belt I think it may end up being out BiS. We will basically be in a mini combustion phase and have infinite mobility during execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I have the belt and have found that in its current state it's only really useful in high movement execute phases (Cenarius and Xavius mainly), and on aoe trash for M+ (better damage when getting fast flamestrikes). In most scenarios, I think it is still better to fireball.

HOWEVER, if the PTR changes go through for this belt I think it may end up being out BiS. We will basically be in a mini combustion phase and have infinite mobility during execute.
    Looks like frost can wait for now, funnily enough yesterday i was going to change loot spec to frost in EN Hc, i didn't and Elerethe dropped this
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Alright I am still rocking belt and exodar, but I am like 2 days from my 35th trait in fire and after that I am probably changing my loot spec to arcane. I am close to third legendary if my drop history repeats, like every 150 m+ I get legendary. Still unsure whether I should switch loot spec or not though.

currently i am pretty sure its never worth casting over fireball due to artifact traits n also conflag talent in talent row no.1, but it is extremely useful when high movement is involved

the new PTR build removes the 350% damage from scorch and add 100% crit ,

i dont know if my opinion is unpopular, but its an outright nerf from my perspective, if the PTR changes go through this belt will go from semi-useful to absolutely useless because scorch hits like a wet noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    currently i am pretty sure its never worth casting over fireball due to artifact traits n also conflag talent in talent row no.1, but it is extremely useful when high movement is involved

the new PTR build removes the 350% damage from scorch and add 100% crit ,

i dont know if my opinion is unpopular, but its an outright nerf from my perspective, if the PTR changes go through this belt will go from semi-useful to absolutely useless because scorch hits like a wet noodle.
    i doubt itll be a nerf. it may hit like a wet noodle, but it has 100% crit chance. which means for 25% and under, you have 100% movement mobility, while launching pyroblasts, our hardest hitting ability, ever 2.5-3 seconds which also lowers combustion cd i think, im not on wow right now to check kindling. its pretty much a stat stick the way it is now unless you absolutely need to move and have no ice flow charges, so with the change we'll actually have an execute phase.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements