Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Amazed the lack of flying threads.

In WoD the no flying idea was so hated that you could see a new thread almost daily.
    In legion, we have no flying aswell, but the amount of QQ about it, is so small compared to WoD.

How did this happen? People started to grow font of the idea of no flying or people have just accepted it better that it comes in later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Flight Master's Whistle

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    In WoD the no flying idea was so hated that you could see a new thread almost daily.
    In legion, we have no flying aswell, but the amount of QQ about it, is so small compared to WoD.

How did this happen? People started to grow font of the idea of no flying or people have just accepted it better that it comes in later?
    Most of us have probably realized that Blizzard is childish as fuck about flying and isn't going to listen regardless. Though the official forums are still full of complaints about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Most of us have probably realized that Blizzard is childish as fuck about flying and isn't going to listen regardless. Though the official forums are still full of complaints about it.
    Or there's another reason and you are being far too bitter about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Myself, I'm wondering why the fuck flying suddenly became a massive deal-breaker issue in WoD. For the longest time, people would only complain about flying, that it "ruins world pvp" and "is too convenient" and such, but as soon as WoD dropped and disabled it, suddenly it's a hot button issue and people are screaming bloody murder and crying that they're unsubbing because no flying and shit like that.

Blizzard is childish as fuck about flying.
    "they won't give me what I want, THEY'RE SO CHILDISH!!!!"

1- All flight talk is being ushered into the mega thread
    2- Flight has been promised. This is a far cry from the 'No flight forever' announcement during WoD. As long as Blizzard doesn't stir the pot, the community is generally going to stay in their little bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Flight Master's Whistle
    This helped greatly in my opinion as well. Sure, I still have to run to where i need to get to do a quest or mythic but I got a quick way out once I'm done. As well as the fact that they said there will be flying just later while in WoD they tried to fight it the whole time and finally caved. Since the cave has already happened I think that calmed alot of people.

This design in which the first half of an expansion is without flying which makes people explore the new continent on foot and the 2nd half is with flying which makes things easier, is a very good design , most people probably realized this

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Lol, anyone who doesn't think Blizzard was pouty and childish about flight in WoD wasn't paying attention. They framed the conversation every way they could so that they could have their own way, and when players still weren't happy they did the petty pathfinder shit when they realized that players didn't want the same thing that Blizzard wanted. I don't care if they give me flying or not, it's not a dealbreaker for me, I just realize they're childish about it to all the people it is a dealbreaker for.

triggerd much?, grow up seriously no flying is not a problem with the other things we have to go around.
    to each their own if you do want flying but just because your not getting what you want makes you the childish person, not blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ironic hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    How many times did they change their mind about flying?

Flying later>no flying ever>flying in a couple of weeks(read: months)

Now its back to flying later.

The whole deal looks pretty childish to me, adults are generally able to make up their minds and stick to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    triggerd much?, grow up seriously no flying is not a problem with the other things we have to go around.
    to each their own if you do want flying but just because your not getting what you want makes you the childish person, not blizzard.
    Just as a side note, your reply sounds more Triggered than the one you quoted.

-

On topic, the Flying Thread is still pretty active. And the situation is slightly different than it was when "No more flying. Ever." was announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

The whole deal looks pretty childish to me, adults are generally able to make up their minds and stick to it
    Sure...if you don't consider the big loud fanbase WoW has.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because we know nothing will be done in our favour anymore.

The gating is the best we're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

Simple, the majority of people playing dont really care about flight. It is the vocal minority of both pro fligth and anti flight that stamp their feet and enjoy their circular arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's way easier to get around in legion than it was WoD is my guess. I personally don't care either way. A few times I have wished I could fly but at the same time I enjoy moving around on land. The whistle is a good alternative to flying. It's not free flight but it allows you to get around very quickly.

Also Legion has less to complain about overall it seems. Most people seem to be pretty content with the expansion as a whole while WoD was basically being torn to shreds every week about something. Sure Legion is not perfect but it is night and day compared to WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    1- All flight talk is being ushered into the mega thread
    2- Flight has been promised. This is a far cry from the 'No flight forever' announcement during WoD. As long as Blizzard doesn't stir the pot, the community is generally going to stay in their little bubble.
    /thread really namely number one. I don't like but flight master whistle helps (and also makes the excuse of flight makes traveling to easy laughable at the same time)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Because it's been long enough without flying that people have gotten used to it. Blizz can promise that flying is coming and people are content mostly. Even if they do the I tend to do it until the absolute end of the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

Changing one's mind does not equal childishness. MMOs are not meant to be static games, they're always changing and improving.

Getting buttmad and ranting and raving at Blizzard for not giving you exactly what you want, exactly when you want it, IS childish.