Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulrok View Post
    Woh man.. calm down.

You don't like to farm? No problem. Buy or stop complaining then. I don't have hours to play on this game either but a few hours of farming is hundreds of herbs. Farm 1 type your good at, sell, and buy the rest. Or be like me, and farm a little bit every day. Incase you were wondering - it was similarly expensive in Wrath, Cata, and MoP. Wod was the only expansion where profession mats were handed to you.

Sorry no free handouts in Legion.
    Definitely not true. Wrath, Cata, and MoP all had flying involved at max level at least... The time to farm was significantly easier. I would farm for about an hour every night before raid in Cata on my rogue and get enough herbs to make more than enough flasks and pots for 16 hours of raiding a week. 2-3 hours of farming was easily enough for 32 hours of raiding and I usually sold the extra for a small amount of gold. Never before has it been this hard to not only farm mats but also to just buy the damn things. I didn't actually NEED to have an herbalist and an alchemist in Cata but I did it because I felt like spending a little extra time to make a little extra money. It's basically mandatory now and I'm getting rekt for deciding to be a miner/BS right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Definitely not true. Wrath, Cata, and MoP all had flying involved at max level at least... The time to farm was significantly easier. I would farm for about an hour every night before raid in Cata on my rogue and get enough herbs to make more than enough flasks and pots for 16 hours of raiding a week. 2-3 hours of farming was easily enough for 32 hours of raiding and I usually sold the extra for a small amount of gold. Never before has it been this hard to not only farm mats but also to just buy the damn things. I didn't actually NEED to have an herbalist and an alchemist in Cata but I did it because I felt like spending a little extra time to make a little extra money. It's basically mandatory now and I'm getting rekt for deciding to be a miner/BS right now.
    It still too early and price already droping, it will drop more when people get rank 3 on everything.

Rank 3 herbalish will yield seed and rank 3 potion/flask almost yield double.

Craft 20 flask with rank 3, and yield 35 flask from bonu thing.

The price has got more to do with the inflation of gold than anything... I mean look at what things are worth now compared to TBC.

In TBC you was considered pretty rich you be able to afford 280 flying, which was 5k. In Wotlk 20k for the tundra mount was insane and only a very rare few have it.

Now, the vendor mount is 2 MILLION gold. The value of gold is an insane amount less than it was back then, I'd say if you consider inflation mats are still cheaper than they have been in previous expansions.

Inflation is insane. I was able to get spectral tiger (blue) in MoP for 700k. Its price right now - gold cap (10M). So it's 10x inflation from Mop to Legion.
    My main sources of gold during MoP were crafting eng golems and making alch mounts. Funny thing is their prices don't get this 10x multiplier.

I'm trying to get some cash using herbalism but...meh....ye, you can get game time with it and flasks/pots for 1-2 raidnights for 1 toon but that is it.
    I have a hard time reporting bots in Suramar which is flying around and/or farming flowers inside textures. I can't compete with multiboxers who using seeds and fertile soil and getting neverending source of herbs.
    As a player who just returned to the game I have no legit ways of getting gold for things I desire.

Deleted
    Herbalism, mining, enchanting, obliterum, shoulder boon enchants. Key words for you.
    If you are not able to craft/buy mats for raiding, then this kind of raiding is not for you.
    Find guild where this is not required.

I don't get it, why are ppl that broke and whiny about gold and prices.
    Pick herb proffession, pick flowers while doing WQ. Thats litteraly all you have to do..
    Thats not even farming.

Salty thread is salty i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by malgin View Post
    Inflation is insane. You can get game time with it and flasks/pots for 1-2 raidnights for 1 toon but that is it.
    This is so retarded ... you wanna pay for the game AND get the most expensive flasks and pots for raiding? And you want that to be quick, easy and casual?