Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Finally blizzard puts limit for casual players

Raid Finder and Quest Chains
    It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.

Thanks for confirming the inevitable. I'll be saving some money every month now, because I am done with this game. If this is intended and staying in the game, you just lost a customer. It is clear blizzard is clueless about their own game. I guess it's true, no King lives forever. Good luck everyone. Blizzard, you failed.
    Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.

We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.

I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a bit of a fallacy. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Boohoo you can't get a skin by doing LFR. Also quitting over a skin. Fucking laughable although people have quit over more stupid stuff in WoW I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're just copying text from the main page and not saying anything yourself, why create a thread about it?

On topic: Personally, I think this is wrong. I understand their reasoning concerning effort, but, instead of making it impossible with Raid Finder, why not double or even tripple the time it takes to complete compared to normal? People still have to put effort into it, it takes longer. This is a way more friendly solution that just flat out making it impossible.

Then again, you can search for normal group these days with the LFD system.
    Last edited by Statix; 2016-09-28 at 11:44 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW was at its peak before LFR came out. It forced LFR heroes to better themselves to get into raids. I am glad they made this decision. You will not be missed OP.

Can't we keep this in the existing thread, instead of copy pasting in a new thread without even commenting on it?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42546211

i don't really mind about this decision. It's really just cosmetic.

But the reverse is also true, if it's just cosmetic, why MUST it be locked behind content that is not "casual".

In any case, I'm fairly confident Blizz will change this when enough people whine and complain about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol OP, are you silly bro?

Do you have any idea how easy it is to run pug through the entire raid on normal difficulty?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea that Normal is somehow "not for casuals". That's amazing. Maybe I should go tell all the guilds full of casuals who are well-progressed on Normal or even well into Heroic that it's "not for them"?

This isn't about casual/hardcore, bro.

This is about organised/non-organised. So these rewards are not for people who don't try to get involved with organised content, which is a different group to "casuals". It actually includes some pretty time-rich players.

As for laughing at people for quitting because of this, well, yeah, it is kind of funny, but it's exactly the same kind of funny as laughing at all the self-declared "SERIOUS RAIDERZ" in TBC who threatened ENDLESSLY to quit or that WoW would "be over soon" because people could get "Welfare Epix" from doing Arenas and so on.

(What was double-funny in TBC was that the main objection of these so-called raiders seemed to be actually that they, themselves, might feel they needed to go do Arenas to get an epic weapon, despite sneering at them... It's like, are you objecting to welfare or are you objecting to the fact you want to claim welfare but don't want to go down to the welfare office and fill in forms?)

@op you just started playing this expansion after a 10 year break or something?

Cosmetic appearances have been raid difficulty locked since WOTLK. 10 man and 25 man would not grant the same color scheme.

This continued with Cataclysm, where LFR vs normal raiding was the same thing.

Not only Artifacts, but in Legion and I think in WOD as well, raid tier gear has actual model differences between them as you ramp up in difficulty.
    This is what LFR players have actually asked for from Blizzard, in order to make the "hardcore" players SHUT THE FUCK UP about how LFR is making everyone get "free" epics (because we don't sit in that shit hours/week putting in the time like everyone else). They can now be special recognizable snowflakes as they /afk around the Stormwind fountain.

This thread is pointless as it covers a non-existant issue. LFR players have no issue whatsoever being locked out of cosmetic bullshit.
    We just want to have access to story/lore content, and LFR provides that for us, by allowing to see boss moments and complete our quests.

Guys, the op isn't the one who threatens to quit over this. Actually none of the text is his. He quoted everything directly from the bluetracker but forgot about formatting.

Lol indeed the OP isn't QQing he just copy pasted the Blue post....

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Boohoo you can't get a skin by doing LFR. Also quitting over a skin. Fucking laughable although people have quit over more stupid stuff in WoW I guess.
    Just a correction, you can't get an entire appearance without doing normal+ raids. That's the only thing I hope they will change, that you can still get the colors of that row that don't require raiding, without raiding Totally fine with one or more of the recolors being locked if you don't do raiding. They went back on locking Tier Set appearance out of LFR, so that only seems consistent.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Guys, the op isn't the one who threatens to quit over this. Actually none of the text is his. He quoted everything directly from the bluetracker but forgot about formatting.
    And completely missed the fact we had a thread of like 50 pages in 12 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    First I'd like to reiterate that personally I'm fine with raiders having an entire model for themselves for the artifact weapons, all four colors. Cosmetic changes are irrelevant. I know that even though I make this crystal clear, what I'm about to say makes raiders who reply to this post completely and utterly forget that I even said this.

Now that that's out of the way, I'd just like to say that if Blizzard's intention with this kind of non-LFR gating (plus the LFR requirement for Pathfinder, as confirmed by blues twice now in the past 24 hours) was to make the majority of WoW players - those who are not raiders - hate and despise raiding and raiders even more, I think they succeeded. If, however, this was meant to incentivize people to find a raiding guild and do "actual raids", they did, indeed, fail miserably.

Threads such as this one will, obviously, perpetuate aforementioned hate, so good job, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Just a correction, you can't get an entire appearance without doing normal+ raids. That's the only thing I hope they will change, that you can still get the colors of that row that don't require raiding, without raiding Totally fine with one or more of the recolors being locked if you don't do raiding. They went back on locking Tier Set appearance out of LFR, so that only seems consistent.
    Yeah, it seems silly to lock mythic+15, mythic(dungeon) achievements and world boss skins behind the normal+ raid skin

Both locking the mythic dungeon appearances behind a raid, and world boss behind normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like this is the first time Cosmetic Rewards were given to those who put effort it... Oh wait, it's happened every single Raid Tier since the beginning of time. Mounts, Gear for Weapons and Armor, Titles.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

One less reason to do LFR is always good for me, but I can see others being upset by this. Either way, I support this decision.

So you'd like the PvP appearances without doing PvP content as well yeah?

Same thing LFR isn't raiding so why should you get cosmetic raid rewards for it?
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

This is great. LFR has it's own rewards. You want the reward from real raids, do real raids.