Blink strikes at mythic 10+?

Question for u BM players clearing high mythic+ content, anyone seeing benefits to use blink strikes vs bestial fury with big pulls? Or is it really just meh cuz isn't sustained enough even at high 10+ mythic?

Can not speak for 10+, but Blink Strikes are huge on large pulls. According to simcraft, Blink Strikes start to pull ahead of BF at 3 targets on sustained cleave. So if we are talking large pulls, it is extremely likely that BS will be miles ahead of BF. I would imagine that at 5+ targets, even the burstier nature of BF (assuming you do have some downtime between pulls, despite timers) will not help it to keep up. BF is better for single target bosses though. It is a 5% dps gain (+/-) on them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Can not speak for 10+, but Blink Strikes are huge on large pulls. According to simcraft, Blink Strikes start to pull ahead of BF at 3 targets on sustained cleave. So if we are talking large pulls, it is extremely likely that BS will be miles ahead of BF. I would imagine that at 5+ targets, even the burstier nature of BF (assuming you do have some downtime between pulls, despite timers) will not help it to keep up. BF is better for single target bosses though. It is a 5% dps gain (+/-) on them
    Isn't that gain provided you pool focus and play pretty much perfectly though..?

It's odd sims when using Killer cobra or bestial fury vs blink strikes or the bleed from kill command.. the difference in dps does not seem so much.. and those 2 talents are basically passive and require nothing from u

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    Isn't that gain provided you pool focus and play pretty much perfectly though..?

It's odd sims when using Killer cobra or bestial fury vs blink strikes or the bleed from kill command.. the difference in dps does not seem so much.. and those 2 talents are basically passive and require nothing from u
    It does assume near perfect play. But pooling focus before you BW is not that difficult really. And BM rotation is not rocket science either.
    Personally, when I do dungeons I spec to Blink Strikes, Stampede and AMoC (very useful for enraging at low health mobs and priority targets alike). Adding Barrage or Volley seems redundant to me, as first two provide excellent blanket and burst AoE already, actual gain would be negligible. A cheesy single target ability fits better with me in this tier. Also, any single target DPS loss I have due to Blink Strikes is more than made up with AMoC instead of classic Barrage choice.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2016-09-29 at 12:20 AM.

Sims don't assume perfect play, and hardly what you'd call "near perfect play". Maybe for BM, but that's because BM is so simple to implement in robot terms.

I tried it out and went back to Bestial Fury, it wasn't blowing me away, BF is much better for ST and for those packs that just need to die ASAP i wasn't finding much difference between Blink Strikes and the extra burst from Bestial Wrath with BF.

have fun doing big pulls on +10, you might even just go killer cobra+crows because with current gear levels you're not going for 2 or 3 chests at +10.

I tried out blink strikes but it was very lackluster IMO. Not worth the loss of burst from Bestial fury and bestial wrath has such high uptime that you barely notice it.