Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zeoh View Post
    According to their guild news history, Exorsus members received 11 legendary drops(outside of raids it looks like) in the past 24 hours...

how?
    My guess is that they were farming high level mythic+ dungeons almost non-stop. If you look at all the top level guilds, they're ALL swimming in legendaries, the reason is not RNG, not a bug, they simply put more effort in getting them.

Deleted
    I mean, didn't blizzard say that everyone should have a legendary before first EN comes out and everyone is expected to have legendary when nighthold comes out? It's kina "normal" that they have so many, less normal when one person has 7 (and a lot of people have multiple) where most of playerbase has none. The whole system is really lazy and even when Khadgar is a piece of shit, I'd rather have chain quest and know how hard I have to work for something than wonder how broken the rng drop rate system is as it was royaly broken just couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Out of curiousity. How many of these legendaries were a characters first legendary? Wondering if "bad luck protection" is starting to kick in
    i am starting to think bad luck protection is bugged and the bug is connected to the other bug that gives people with legendaries increased chances

10+ Year Old Account
    their guild may be flagged to receive more legendaries due to having the guild achievement of finishing the current raid on mythic.

Is that possible?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    their guild may be flagged to receive more legendaries due to having the guild achievement of finishing the current raid on mythic.

Is that possible?
    That would be too obviously gamey. It would incentivize peopel to join certain guilds and encourage them selling spots in the guild for more legendaries.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

They're Russians. Have you ever seen Russians playing in PvP?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    That guild has 150+ chars at 110 and I'm fair convinced the majority of those are clearing all the lockouts at the highest difficulty and probably lots of the players run two chars to maximize their chance to get good loot.

Russian players are always online, always.

My guess is that it is a combination of hardcore gameplay through spamming legendary drop opportunities, and most likely a threshold that we passed with mythic opening this week.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    "RNG IT'S JUST FUCKING RNG.
    STOP QUESTIONING BLIZZ.
    STOOOOP.
    IT'S RNG.
    IT'S GOOD."

There saved 50% of the thread.
    You're dumb.

To the rest of you, if you want legendaries, learn to split farm. It fucking sucks ass and is absolutely no fun, but that's where we are if you want to gear FAR more optimally than any other method.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    i am starting to think bad luck protection is bugged and the bug is connected to the other bug that gives people with legendaries increased chances
    Or they split raided and all of this is 1000% perfectly reasonable and expected given the effort and time and characters put in.

We got two legendary drops from killing five bosses in heroic EN yesterday.
    So that a hardcore raiding guild thats pushing for world first getting 11 in 24 hours isnt surprising, farm alot of dungeons, split runs and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Now you are on the wrong field. You cannot compare a playing a non-paid computer game with a paid job.

Just him putting in more time, doesn't mean he deserves it more. Even so, he could in theory be AFK more as well. A game shouldn't throw rewards at you, just for logging in more. You shouldn't expect better just for being online more, the less online person could in theory also be a raider, we could keep on and on and on.

One being online more doesn't necessarily put more effort in to the game, than one being online less. And rewards shouldn't be running on that alone. That is where RNG comes in.
    Not only was I online more which I agree is irrelevant to some extent but I also completed most of the content on offer as opposed to "their" emissary quest every couple of days, it's not about deserving something more, it's a mere matter of effort=reward, someone putting much more effort into an activity generally should get rewarded over someone who dose not bother.

This is where RNG should not come in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries become increasingly less rare the harder the content so if they're rank1 then I don't have problems with that

Legendaries still a legend for us after 200 mythic many heroic. 0 dropped, barely I have a 870 procced after my 135th Mythic. We don't play the same game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Not only was I online more which I agree is irrelevant to some extent but I also completed most of the content on offer as opposed to "their" emissary quest every couple of days, it's not about deserving something more, it's a mere matter of effort=reward, someone putting much more effort into an activity generally should get rewarded over someone who dose not bother.

This is where RNG should not come in.
    At times, I do not think effort should equal rewards. I mean, with this way of thinking, someone farming for herbs more than your 'effort' in the game should get a Legendary too?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    At times, I do not think effort should equal rewards. I mean, with this way of thinking, someone farming for herbs more than your 'effort' in the game should get a Legendary too?
    You don't think effort == rewards? So you want mythic raid to be cleared randomy when you log in? Or maybe random class hall mission that does it for you and you get the reward. Effort should always be rewarded, no effort is for people without aspirations who just want ot play the game, people who do more than just play the game currently get jack shit and whishful thinking. That's bad design across the board. Or maybe Blizzard is concerned about player health so they create no incentive to play more for longer. Who nows, blizzard loves rng more and more because it's lazy, it's easy, it requires no effort at all. Random is no content, it's a filler in between they think of content or get someone who isn't lazy and wants to create some content. Because if you have to chose "let's think about 12 different, interesting quests" and "just make it random drop anywhere" if you're lazy, you pick the second.

I'm not sure if you're intentionally missing the point.

One person is SUCCESSFULLY doing far more content than the other

Why should the system back the other person equally, when the first is completing far more of the games content (what is incorrectly being called effort here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    You don't think effort == rewards? So you want mythic raid to be cleared randomy when you log in? Or maybe random class hall mission that does it for you and you get the reward. Effort should always be rewarded, no effort is for people without aspirations who just want ot play the game, people who do more than just play the game currently get jack shit and whishful thinking. That's bad design across the board. Or maybe Blizzard is concerned about player health so they create no incentive to play more for longer. Who nows, blizzard loves rng more and more because it's lazy, it's easy, it requires no effort at all. Random is no content, it's a filler in between they think of content or get someone who isn't lazy and wants to create some content. Because if you have to chose "let's think about 12 different, interesting quests" and "just make it random drop anywhere" if you're lazy, you pick the second.
    This wasn't a talk about raiding, after what I understood and the first post, but RNG. As for RNG, there shouldn't be higher benefits for anyone, RNG is dull, but it is still one of the better solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm not sure if you're intentionally missing the point.

One person is SUCCESSFULLY doing far more content than the other

Why should the system back the other person equally, when the first is completing far more of the games content (what is incorrectly being called effort here)
    I was more trying to understand why one would think that he should be entitled it more than one else?

I mean, yes. If he's doing more stuff and effort, that IS his higher chance of getting things. That doesn't change the basics of chances of a person that doesn't play as much.

My example was more, I don't think people should be rewarded just because. I think it should as it is, have a chance to be rewarded. Sorry, but I don't believe to reward people more just because they log in more. They already get more rewards by having more chances on getting the things they want.

Basically, I read the original post I answered to be the same as a kid at a carnival. Buying 200 tickets, whining because a kid who only bought 50 tickets, winning what he wants. He still has a greater chance, but not the numbers. I don't expect the kid with 200 tickets to win what he wants just because he has 200 tickets.

Tough luck, better luck next time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Claiming "everybody will have legends by night hold" defeats any notion of RNG. I hope some people can see this.
    Poor choice of words. "Nighthold will be balanced arround everyone having at least one legendar" is what blizzard said AFAIK

11 legendary in 24 hours ? they call that a legendary ?
    No wonder why people are going ape shit after a 2 weeks of Legion and not getting a orange loot.
    ¨Back in my day¨ it was 2 legendary per servers high pop after the end of TBC

I feed on the so called ¨raiders¨ tears crying that ¨casual¨ are getting orange gear and not them.
    Raiders are so special with their 7/7 normal and 1/7h

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    11 legendary in 24 hours ? they call that a legendary ?
    No wonder why people are going ape shit after a 2 weeks of Legion and not getting a orange loot.
    ¨Back in my day¨ it was 2 legendary per servers high pop after the end of TBC

I feed on the so called ¨raiders¨ tears crying that ¨casual¨ are getting orange gear and not them.
    Raiders are so special with their 7/7 normal and 1/7h
    Problem is, they are supposed to be "common", everyone is intended to get multiple throughout the expansion - So, in general, you'd expect the people putting in the most effort to get them earlier than those who don't. My main who I levelled day one (realm first Rogue, hooo), spammed Mythics/WQs etc on, has nothing. My monk alt did ONE normal dungeon and got a legendary. Random is not fun when they are intended to be gotten, especially when you get the shit one, or get one on an alt you barely play.