Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster09 View Post
    Serenity and Method are both essentially brand new guilds. It will take them time to hit their stride.
    Method has been around a long time. Looooong time. They started getting world firsts in Cata iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Method has been around a long time. Looooong time. They started getting world firsts in Cata iirc.
    The name method is old. But a lot of the players in their raid is new.

It wasn't due to the new guild they both lost, it was overestimating the content where exorsus pushed and realize they could push it in one night
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Current Method is Sco, Reogerbrown, Justmonk, and the rest of the roster is Rapid Eye Movement and some new recruits.

Serenity is all of the other Method players, Slootbag, Furty and some new recruits.

- - - Updated - - -

Just my opinion, but it has a lot to do with how short the progress race was. Serenity, and many other guilds, were prepared for a 1-3 week race, not a 24 hour race. I think people were expecting Ursoc to be another Butcher, nearly impossible in the gear they had when they reached him. If Ursoc had taken 2-3 days, and Cenarius took 2-3 more days, then Xavius took 2 weeks, we'd have seen a very different race. I know that Slootbag went paladin because he expected, (rightly so) that Xavius would not be a 10 pull boss, and paladin is the best tank for Xavius. When someone pressed him for answers on stream, he claimed that if he knew Cenarius would be the only difficult boss, he would have mained warrior, because he knew warrior was better for Cenarius. One could also argue that with Method and Serenity both being new teams, they have to build team synergy in difficult content, and that may take a tier or two. There's a fair chance that old Method would have performed better.

Now, don't take this post the wrong way. This is simply my analysis of events. I'm not saying that Exorsus did not deserve the win, nor am I making excuses for Serenity or Method. Exorsus won fair and square and that's all there is to it. I do think the race would have been more exciting if it took a couple weeks though. Xavius and Ursoc were undertuned imo.

They lost because they weren't good or smart enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It wasn't due to the new guild they both lost, it was overestimating the content where exorsus pushed and realize they could push it in one night
    Indeed. One thing to note, and I think Exorsus picked up on this, is that kill times in EN were way faster than in Highmaul. Kill times were, on average, a minute faster in EN than they were in Highmaul. I think as far as instance progression and encounter design though, Dragons of Nightmare is equivalent Brackenspore. Dragons of Nightmare was killed 4 minutes faster than Brackenspore. Combine that information with the fact that Xavius is more or less the same difficulty on heroic/normal as the other bosses in the instance, and it's easy to see why Xavius was so easy on mythic. I mean, normal Imperator was like a heroic boss, and heroic Imperator was like a mythic boss. So it stands to reason that mythic Imperator would be harder than fuck.

i always wondered what it would look like if i made a thread talking about something i don't have a clue about.

oh here it is.

Except tiers go by a full tier basis. The race isn't over until Gul'dan Mythic is live and killed unless Wowprogress seperates the raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Current Method is Sco, Reogerbrown, Justmonk, and the rest of the roster is Rapid Eye Movement and some new recruits.
    You forgot about Lexi and Perfecto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    I think Exorsus had bigger teeth, they've been a top guild for a while and really wanted their world first
    Nope it was just rest of the guild stop progressin becouse they didnt know that last bosses like Xavious are actualy that easy. They expected some kind of wall.