Rain of fire getting nerfed again in 7.1?

Title is pretty self explanatory. I was reading the new 7.1 changes for the next build when I saw:
    Rain of Fire Calls down a rain of hellfire, dealing [ 400% [ 444% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 8 sec to enemies in the area. Warlock - Destruction Spec. 3 Soul Shard. 35 yd range. 8 sec cast (Channeled).

So it will be a channeled spell instead of instant? :L
    And I fucking loved rain of fire instant cast. T_T

Deleted
    If you read carefully you would see at the top "Rain of Fire Calls down a rain of hellfire, dealing [ 400% [ 444% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 8 sec to enemies in the area. 100 yd range. Instant."

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    If you read carefully you would see at the top "Rain of Fire Calls down a rain of hellfire, dealing [ 400% [ 444% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 8 sec to enemies in the area. 100 yd range. Instant."
    There was a change, that's not the build info I saw. Guess they changed it, PHEW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    There was a change, that's not the build info I saw. Guess they changed it, PHEW!
    Both changes are listed actually, but the other one is probably just a datamining or tooltip error.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Title is pretty self explanatory. I was reading the new 7.1 changes for the next build when I saw:
    Rain of Fire Calls down a rain of hellfire, dealing [ 400% [ 444% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 8 sec to enemies in the area. Warlock - Destruction Spec. 3 Soul Shard. 35 yd range. 8 sec cast (Channeled).

So it will be a channeled spell instead of instant? :L
    And I fucking loved rain of fire instant cast. T_T
    the build is just implementing the hotfix for our spells that already went through

Ignore the data minined patch notes for 7.1. A lot of it is because they are resorting abilities to make leveling more fluid and it does not change anything for characters level 100 and higher.

I HIGHLY doubt they would make it channeled or even have a cast time. Keep in mind that even the tool tip for reverse entropy still says it decreases cast time of RoF so clearly Blizz isn't on their tool tip game.

Thank you all for your replies guys, I really love rain of fire aoe, especially after the instant cast hotfix so it makes me happy to hear it's not going to become channeled

Given the number increases and the spells getting buffed via hotfix matching those in the datamined block, I'd say it's merely a tooltip fixes, nothing more.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Most of the 7.1 spell changes so far are tooltip updates.