Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No Monk in the World First

Looks like Exorsus had no Monks in their world first. Should we be concerned?

Brewmaster was expected but they also did not take a Windwalker or Mistweaver.

Guess Windwalker is expected as well, mediocre melee dps with almost no utility, probably less burst CDs to use as a Dreamer than other melees.

Mistweaver also not present is a bit surprising I guess.

Edit: Looks like Method went without a Monk too.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-29 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    So sick of the "almost no utility" bullshit - WW monks give the entire raid 10% (25% with the legendary) passive movement speed. That's incredibly useful, more so than any other "utility" I can come to think of right now.

Other than that, yeah, you should be worried. Very worried. Probably not any top-tier, super-elite, potion-chugging, flask-swigging world-first-chasing son-of-a-gun guilds out there that will take a WW monk.

Oh, you're not going for world firsts? Then, you'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
    I just came here to say this.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    So sick of the "almost no utility" bullshit - WW monks give the entire raid 10% (25% with the legendary) passive movement speed. That's incredibly useful, more so than any other "utility" I can come to think of right now.

Other than that, yeah, you should be worried. Very worried. Probably not any top-tier, super-elite, potion-chugging, flask-swigging world-first-chasing son-of-a-gun guilds out there that will take a WW monk.

Cool one WW Monk is a nice raid addition when you have 1 ouf of 8 rare legendary random groups that is nice in specifc movement heavy fights.

Other than that just bring a rogue or warrior or even feral who do everything better, plus rogues can cheese many mechanics like Bramble Vines on Cenarius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Cool one WW Monk is a nice raid addition when you have 1 ouf of 8 rare legendary random groups that is nice in specifc movement heavy fights.

Other than that just bring a rogue or warrior or even feral who do everything better, plus rogues can cheese many mechanics like Bramble Vines on Cenarius.
    Just reroll if you're not happy.

But, just to amuse you; you say rogues, ferals and arms "do everything better than us"? They do better single target damage, but are a lot less forgiving for mistakes or downtime in dps. They do shittier AoE, shittier on-demand-burst, and they all have shittier movement than us.

Come on dude, it's like you're not even trying.

I have the 25% movement legendary. It's really strong on fights like Dragons, Renferal, Ursoc. It's also REALLY strong in mythic+.
    And btw, WW monks can also cheese Bramble Vines on Cenarius with FSK.

Deleted
    Just reroll if you're not happy.

But, just to amuse you; you say rogues, ferals and arms "do everything better than us"? They do better single target damage, but are a lot less forgiving for mistakes or downtime in dps. They do shittier AoE, shittier on-demand-burst, and they all have shittier movement than us.

Rogues can keep up with AOE dps which does not matter much in raids yet and Warriors have AOE burst CDs as well. Which fight can you do constant sustained AOE dps?

Your point about this only affecting Mythic Wold First guilds is irrevelant. This trickles down to every level in WoW down to pugs because every raid thinks about what classes to take to make the raid go as smooth as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltrold View Post
    I have the 25% movement legendary. It's really strong on fights like Dragons, Renferal, Ursoc. It's also REALLY strong in mythic+.
    And btw, WW monks can also cheese Bramble Vines on Cenarius with FSK.
    Yeah lucky you, I did all emisarry quests, all mythics, a lot of myth+, heroics etc and I have no legendary at all.

Looks like Exorsus had no Monks in their world first. Should we be concerned?
    Looks like Exorsus had no Paladin tanks, no DK tanks, no DH tanks, no Druid tanks...

I'm not concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    Looks like Exorsus had no Paladin tanks, no DK tanks, no DH tanks, no Druid tanks...

I'm not concerned.
    But they had a paladin, they had deathknights, they had a demonhunter, they had druids but they did not have a monk of any spec at all, not even a mistweaver.

Method did not have any monk either, it is nost jut BM that is absent which was expected given that there are only 2 tank slots.

And yet current logs have WW Monks in top 5 for DPS. And they're one of the most sought after DPS classes for Mythic+. I too noticed a distinct lack of monk representation in the race to world first for Mythic EN, but I don't think that has anything to do with how weak or strong the class is, as they're consistently shown to be very strong in quite a few aspects. Hell, even just looking at the DPS meters during the fights that Prestige was streaming should tell you that Monks are more than capable in that regard, seeing as I pull similar numbers to their top DPSers.

people generally pick 1-3 classes to gear up ready for the raid and have 1 main. they plan this all out beforehand. a few guys in exorsus and method etc will have a ww/brm/mw monk which is raid ready if needed. perhaps they just didn't need it at the time, or the player felt he gave more playing a different class, whether that be due to gear or playstyle who knows.

WW is absolutely fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Monk is fucking underpowered. A failed class.

oh noes, a small number of people with 13 classes at their disposal adding up to 39 different specs, didnt bring every single spec in the game.............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!!!!!!

come on, be serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrri View Post
    And yet current logs have WW Monks in top 5 for DPS. And they're one of the most sought after DPS classes for Mythic+. I too noticed a distinct lack of monk representation in the race to world first for Mythic EN, but I don't think that has anything to do with how weak or strong the class is, as they're consistently shown to be very strong in quite a few aspects. Hell, even just looking at the DPS meters during the fights that Prestige was streaming should tell you that Monks are more than capable in that regard, seeing as I pull similar numbers to their top DPSers.
    Simcraft shows WW Monk clearly in no-mans land.

worldoflogs shows for normal EN

No Monk in top 10 on Nythendra, Arms Warrior, Enhancer, Firemage, Enhancer, Shadow, Arcane
    1 Monk at #10 on Elerethe, Havoc, Fire, Arms, Marksman, Outlaw ahead
    No Monk in top 10 on Ilgynoth Havoc, Fire, Marksman, Unholy, Shadow, Fury,
    No Monk in top 10 on Ursoc Arms, Destruction, Shadow, Marksman, Assasination, Fire
    No Monk in top 10 on Dragons Shadow, Fire, Destruction, Outlaw
    No Monk in top 10 on Xavius Shadow, Arms, Fire

for heroic EN there is no monk in the top 10 on any boss
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-29 at 04:29 PM.

Simcraft shows WW Monk clearly in no-mans land.

worldoflogs shows for normal EN

No Monk in top 10 on Nythendra, Arms Warrior, Enhancer, Firemage, Enhancer, Shadow, Arcane
    1 Monk at #10 on Elerethe, Havoc, Fire, Arms, Marksman, Outlaw ahead
    No Monk in top 10 on Ilgynoth Havoc, Fire, Marksman, Unholy, Shadow, Fury,
    No Monk in top 10 on Ursoc Arms, Destruction, Shadow, Marksman, Assasination, Fire
    No Monk in top 10 on Dragons Shadow, Fire, Destruction, Outlaw
    No Monk in top 10 on Xavius Shadow, Arms, Fire

for heroic EN there is no monk in the top 10 on any boss
    According to this, you should probably reroll to fire mage or arms warrior because they are looking really good right now.

My monk is still my favorite character and is incredibly fun to play and the fact there arent a million of them ala fire mages and DH makes it even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like you don't play a Monk.

You do realize the 10%/25% run speed has a 10 yard range, right?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account

Most people around here don't when they're whining about something. Its just "blah blah, other people say <name of thing> sucks, blah blah."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

fanboyism and stubborness at its finest

Shit. You'd better reroll immediately.

I came here to say this as well. +1 to you sir.