Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Reading through it, I like it too. Should be applicable to all dogs with a history of aggressive behavior towards people/other animals, however.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a huge stretch to claim that all dog mixes look like they have pit in them.
    All dogs look like pits to stupid people.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2016-09-29 at 09:32 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    In 2015 there were 32 documented deaths as a result of dog attacks. 28 of those (82%) were caused by Pit Bulls, even though Pit Bulls make up only roughly 7% of the dog population in the U.S.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2015.php

Anybody who says it has nothing to do with breed and everything to do with the owners is kidding themselves. People need to stop thinking with their emotions and start thinking with their brains. Critical thinking is a virtue.
    Replace "dog attacks" with "gun violence" and "Pit Bulls" with "blacks" and use the appropriate statistics and let me know if you reach the same conclusion. It can't possibly be based on other factors like having shitty owners! Statistics are just that. Statistics. Did you know that year to date crime on December 31 is astronomically higher than they are the following day? Better stay inside and lock your doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Gentle dogs don't account for 70% of dog-bite fatalities, to say they're no more dangerous is completely disingenuous. And children are at higher risk to be bitten by dogs, but for some reason you believe it's "disgusting" that we should be watching these dogs more. Dog-lovers like you will just continue to lie even in the face of overwhelming statistics and even at the detriment of other people who have to come in contact with these animals, even by no choice of their own. If we're to have a serious conversation you need to stop spouting lies, a Pomeranian is no where near as dangerous a Pit-bull.
    You also need to stop exaggerating the threat with blind irrational hatred of the breed, and for that matter ignoring what this law is doing. This law seems far more interested in exterminating the breed than watching the dogs more as you keep saying. Yes, pits can be dangerous(and mostly because of the way we treat them and behave around them), but so can other breeds. Even Pomeranians have killed a child. The thing is all the breeds together caused an insignificantly low number of deaths. I'm not saying it isn't a horrible situation when someone dies in a tragic way such as a dog attack, but statistically the number is completely insignificant. With all of 34 dog deaths total last year in the US for example they don't even come in the top 100 ways someone could die. This law is a waste of time and pretty disgusting when you really look at it.

Contents removed - misinformation.
    Last edited by Mindark; 2016-09-29 at 09:24 PM.
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pits really aren't that dangerous. There's a high number of attacks by Pit Bulls in the USA, for instance, because they're a hugely popular breed (well, the several breeds that get flagged under the label). They have a higher rate of fatality because of their build; being attacked by a pit bull is way more likely to do damage than being attacked by a chihuahua.

Plus, again, "pit bull" isn't a single breed. It's a broad category that's not well-defined.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steffe...b_8112394.html

In the UK, the most bitey breed is Labrador Retrievers; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7166296.html
    "Pits really aren't that dangerous." Yea cause killing people is not dangerous, once again dog-lovers spouting their lies. The next time a kid gets killed by a pit-bull their blood is on your hands. Pit-bulls are clearly dangerous animals, stop lying to yourself.

This isn't a discussion on how aggressive a dog is. This is a discussion on how dangerous a dog is, which can be a combination of their aggressiveness, strength and other factors. It's the government's responsibility to keep certain animals who are deemed dangerous in check, a kid walking down the down the street should never be attacked by an animal period. A tiger could be the least aggressive animal, but it's an unbelievably dangerous animal who has a 100% kill rate when it attacks and hence why you can't own a tiger.
    Yeah let's just outlaw all the things that could potentially hurt us. Bring on the nanny state.

Bees kill more people annually than pitbulls, time to ban bees too I guess.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Such as pitbulls being bred to be nanny dogs.
    If you leave a Pit-bull alone in a room with a kid you should be put in jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    1. The laws apply to all Pitbulls, including mixes and dogs that aren't exactly pitbulls but appear to be similar. (I can't find a formal definition of what the law considers "similar".

The new bylaw will apply to all 19 boroughs and will define pit bulls as:
    • Staffordshire bull terriers.
    • American pit bull terriers.
    • American Staffordshire terriers.
    • Any mix with these breeds.
    • Any dog that presents characteristics of one of those breeds.

That is vague as hell. What kind of "characteristics?" It has four legs?

Bullshit law that's going to be used to justify the killing of any dog that might be a pitbull.....

10+ Year Old Account
    That 70% statistic begs to differ. If Pit-bulls are so domesticated why are they attacking people?
    Why do any dogs attack anyone? People who think sticking their face in front of a dog is a good idea, and people who mistreat their dogs.

Again...and again...ANY dog can be aggressive if mistreated or if approached in times of great stress. ANY dog. Are Pits more dangerous than a small dog? Yes, in some ways, since if they are trained to be aggressive they can kill pretty easily. That, however, does not make the breed aggressive, it makes the person raising the dog an asshole.

So your arguement is that Pit-bulls are overrepresented in dog attacks because people mis-identify them? What ridiculous logic.
    This happens. There is little fact checking that goes on with bites outside of hearsay. Much like every gun used in a shooting is not an AK-47 or an AR "assault rifle."

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah let's just outlaw all the things that could potentially hurt us. Bring on the nanny state.

Bees kill more people annually than pitbulls, time to ban bees too I guess.
    Have you read the actual OP. No one is calling to outlaw, that reading comprehension though.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-09-29 at 09:17 PM.

Like I said earlier I can not have a serious discussion with you. You can't say, "It is not a fact that pitbulls are extremely dangerous", when they account for the MASS MAJORITY of dog-bite fatalities. How can you say a breed is not dangerous when they're killing people. Do you know what the word danger means? Pomeranians have never killed anyone in the history of mankind lmfao
    http://articles.latimes.com/2000/oct/09/local/me-34015

Seems you are wrong.

That 70% statistic begs to differ. If Pit-bulls are so domesticated why are they attacking people?
    That's a good question that you should perhaps investigate instead of just assuming it means pitbulls are the problem. Clearly Quebec hasn't.

As many have said, pitbulls are not the problem, shitty owners are. This law eliminates any accountability for the owner and just exterminates dogs because people don't understand that correlation does not mean causation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    No doubt he'll try to say it's a lie, and it was really a pit that was misidentified as a Pom

Bees don't kill more people than dogs lol.
    Pitbulls, yes.

According to the link earlier, 34 people died in 2015 from a "Pitbull" attack.

CDC states that on average 58 people die annually to bee stings.

Cows come in at 20 per year.

Horses and fowl, 52.

Guess we better get to banning ranching and apiaries.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-09-29 at 09:21 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Or any dog, I suppose.

https://www.avma.org/KB/Resources/Li...revention.aspx

And children should never be left alone with a TV, either. More TVs kill children than dogs go.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tipping-...ds-govt-warns/
    Last edited by Mindark; 2016-09-29 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Such as pitbulls being bred to be nanny dogs.
    no, more like blood sports which was why they were bred in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    Bees don't kill more people than dogs lol.
    Oh really?

https://historylist.wordpress.com/20...ed-by-animals/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_...ported_in_2000

10+ Year Old Account
    You can I can slightly agree on something.

You should never, ever leave a baby or young child alone with a dog. Any dog, any breed. You should always be watching for signs of stress on the dog's part and to correct your child's behavior so they learn early on how to interact with dogs.

Deleted
    Get a licence to buy certain types of dogs. Would keep your avarage thug away from the type of dog that they can't raise for shit anyway. It's mainly the owners being the problem as pitbull type breeds are far far faaaaaaaaaaaar from the most dangerous ones.