Poll: Should reputation be account wide?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I agree that an "increasing returns" system should be in place. You get more rep each time you reached revered/exalted or just by doing it on one character (would be exalted on this case).

However, they partially solved the problem by making many rewards account bound: toys, mounts, pets and flying as well.
    Most of the rep toys require rep to use for some stupid reason so they're not truly account-wide.

Why would it? Your character builds reputation with the inhabitants by interacting with them in various ways. Your other characters also needs to do this since they are separate entities in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other is my answer.

I think your highest rep for a faction should count for all characters on your account, but each character still has their individual rep for the faction so that any rep earned is only added to that character. People couldn't exploit multiple characters to grind rep faster is this happened.

An example of how this would work: Character A is Revered with Nightfallen, Character B is Honored with Nightfallen. Character B would have access the faction as if they were Revered, but any rep earned on Character B would not be added to the rep of Character A. You wouldn't be punished for using multiple characters, but you wouldn't be rewarded any extra for using multiple characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Just do the bonus rep thing they did in MoP.

Once you reach revered with a faction on your main you can buy a thing that gives your Alts 100% bonus xp towards rep. It worked perfectly fine.

All classes 1 char.

Deleted
    As someone who really likes alt I must say that the Suramar rep is a big bummer. It takes a fuckton of time and can really burn you out on alts

7+ Year Old Account
    i will have to say no.

i have been exalted on my at-then main with the rep on isle of quel'danas since tbc. i switched mains in this
    expac and it kills me that i cannot use the tabard or the title 'of the shattered sun'.

having account wide reputation would just ruin the title for me. just not worth it imo.

the rep grinds are a bummer i agree with that though.

nightfallen should at least.

i don't feel like playing my other characters much, and it's kinda drained all desire to play from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it. I don't care and have no idea why others care how hard other players play their game or what rewards they receive. If I put in the same amount of time on five characters as another person puts in on one, I should be able to share the rep gained during that time.

This attitude that we should restrict everything and that our time in WoW should be treated more like a job than a game is pretty ridiculous. Honestly everything should be account wide. From bank access to money to freedom of transmog regardless of class restrictions. There's too many walls. Mr. Blizzard, Tear.Down.This.Wall.
    This. With the staggering amount of factions we have now, I couldnt care less about factions. I do want the sweet-sweet The Exalted though. I simply dont see why I suffer through a similar grind multiple times if I decide to create a toon and make 3 steps back in the process.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Mop style was a great way to do rep. Grinder out on a main which gave a nice boost to whatever alt you played next. Way it is now is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, bring back MoP system (Where if one toon reach exalted they can purchase an account wide item which allows increased rep on all toons) that was the best system they had to make the rep grind so much better, I don't understand why that system wasn't carried forward from MoP.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

MoP system would be fine. I don't think it should ever become truly account-wide. At most, I could see them (and I rly want them to do this) removing rep requirements from Toys/Tabards/Cosmetic Items once they're added to the storage so that your alts can use them like the rep mounts.

i think its time to make rep accountwide aswell. you could justify it like in black desert and say all your characters (at least on same server and faction) belong to one clan or family and the progress you make is to form a relationship between those two factions.

Bioware did something pretty cool with the Legacy system in SWTOR. You create a shared family name (surname) that shares reputation and achievements. You could also unlock perks similar to WoW's guild system. It made leveling alts a lot easier and didn't punish you for wanting to play several characters versus one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    MoP system would be fine. I don't think it should ever become truly account-wide. At most, I could see them (and I rly want them to do this) removing rep requirements from Toys/Tabards/Cosmetic Items once they're added to the storage so that your alts can use them like the rep mounts.
    the mop system was pretty well. being able to speed up your alt's rep gains without flat-out making
    rep account wide.

I'm looking at my 49,876 characters that I've got rep to grind out. So, I'm 100% behind this... Sure, I've got the rest completed, but that 49, 876.......

You misspelled Artifact Knowledge wrong. Reputations should be on a per char basis with ways to boost alts down the expansion (for Legion). AK on the other hand should have fucking been implemented on day 1.

I would have a argument against BOA rep, But i noticed how little reputations actually matter anymore, They sell BOA items like Mounts, Pets, Toys and welfare epics that would be more useful to alts than the toons who got the reputation up.

I think its time, Plus it would give me a reason to go back and get all those old reputations of expansions past to exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm curious if Legion is finally a tipping point for more people to request account wide reputations. Personally, I've always been a proponent of account wide everything, so I would've liked to have seen this implemented many years ago. What are your thoughts?
    NO.

You want rep, go earn rep.

Increased rep gain for alts, yes.
    Rep to be account wide, no.