Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What's Frost feel like now?

Are you looking forward to all of those buffs?
    Last edited by Andriokz; 2016-09-24 at 05:13 PM.

Buffs are not applied untill next maintenance, so we dont know right now.

I believe frost will stil underperforme by quite a bit, at least we will have havoc DHs and SPs to make us company.

If the new Simcrafts are to be trusted, Frost (and unholy) are still bottomfeeders... http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

Enjoyable, but as for actual number crunches, not impressed. Feels like a minor shade of it's former glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read the nifty little "Current simulator hotfixes" on simcraft, frost hasn't been touched yet. I'm predicting the new number will be 251,875 with latest number crunches, possible a percent or two lower.

I still say give full range of melee weapon options to all DK specs.. DW an 2 Handers for all. Let the players make the choice in preferred styles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponZero View Post
    I still say give full range of melee weapon options to all DK specs.. DW an 2 Handers for all. Let the players make the choice in preferred styles.
    This is the dream, but Blizzard doesn't like memebuilds, only cookiecutter stuff they can control.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we are forever destined to be "the lore spec" because of Frostmourne, and being forever below unholy on actual damage to even the playerbase out.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxinator View Post
    If the new Simcrafts are to be trusted, Frost (and unholy) are still bottomfeeders... BAD LINK
    That link is completely irreverent, people have only coded hotfixes into Simcraft for DH Mage Rogue Warlock and Warrior. That's only half the classes and they've all been touched in some fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    That link is completely irreverent, people have only coded hotfixes into Simcraft for DH Mage Rogue Warlock and Warrior. That's only half the classes and they've all been touched in some fashion.
    See, this is the kind of information I like. Not SIMCRAFS SAYS DIS. FROSS SUK. NO KNOW DETAILS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Frost is very, very cool.

Chilling, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    The link would be irrelevant anyway, as sims cannot be used to rank across classes.

Deleted
    The hotfixes are applied:

Current simulator hotfixes
    Death Knight
    Tag Spell / Effect Field Hotfixed Value DBC Value
    2016-09-23 Howling Blast damage increased by 10%.
    Howling Blast (effect#2) ap_coefficient 0.55 0.50
    2016-09-23 Obliterate damage increased by 19%.
    Obliterate (effect#2) base_value 380.00 320.00
    2016-09-23 Remorseless Winter damage increased by 50%.
    Remorseless Winter (effect#1) ap_coefficient 0.36 0.24
    2016-09-23 Breath of Sindragosa (Talent) damage increased by 17%.
    Breath of Sindragosa (effect#2) ap_coefficient 1.67 1.50
    2016-09-23 Frostscythe (Talent) damage increased by 13%.
    Frostscythe (effect#2) base_value 135.00 120.00
    2016-09-23 Frost Strike damage increased by 12%.-offhand
    Frost Strike Off-Hand (effect#2) base_value 280.00 250.00
    2016-09-23 Frost Strike damage increased by 12%.
    Frost Strike (effect#2) base_value 280.00 250.00
    2016-09-23 Frozen Pulse (Talent) damage increased by 11%.
    Frozen Pulse (effect#1) ap_coefficient 0.80 0.72
    2016-09-23 Obliterate damage increased by 19%.-offhand
    Obliterate Off-Hand (effect#2) base_value 380.00 320.00

But still on the bottom ! :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkler View Post
    The hotfixes are applied:

But still on the bottom ! :-(
    We are actually okayish, 3% below middle of the pack isn't bad. 15%, now that is bad.

Deleted
    Simcraft is bullshit anyways, how about just play the game without relying on some programme to tell you how to play or what to expect. I run HC's and Mythic's (+) as Frost and very rarely I get beaten on meters. Their burst damage and AOE are insane tho single target is lacking I admit.

Simcraft isn't bullshit. It's very useful for comparing gear, different talents, and finding the optimal rotation. It just can't be used to compare across classes, and does not predict performance in actual raids.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    We are actually okayish, 3% below middle of the pack isn't bad. 15%, now that is bad.
    below middle of the pack with less raid utility is as bad as you could get really, add in the fact frost is 2nd worst at dealing with all raid mechanics for melee and yeah...

Take these sims with a grain of salt. Look at the talents and the Artifact traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    This thank you, I've been playing frost DK as a break from my mage and honestly i kill things quicker and usually top the dps meters in dungeons with my frost DK, Nobody is ever going to be able to play as efficiently as a sim unless they are a robot
    Then you got under geared or crap players, sims show hows all specs perform when played at their best. Skill+better spec will always beat out skill+crap spec

Quote Originally Posted by Noxinator View Post
    If the new Simcrafts are to be trusted, Frost (and unholy) are still bottomfeeders... http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    Unholy running unholy frenzy and necrosis...