Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I admit im getting a little bored and i have no desire to level anymore alts because im struggling to keep up with the 2 i have(if i even log onto them).

I dont raid anymore though so that could be why

Deleted
    I think this has been a pretty good launch thus far. World Quests gives me something to do, and I love going out and interacting with the world. This was basically what I wanted out of WoD's garrison system. I wanted to be sent out on missions all around the world of Draenor, not my followers. It's a bit reptitive for certain, as it is just the daily system baked in world quests, but with less lore surrounding the world quests for the most part.

Emerald Nightmare is decent, but underwhelming compared to almost every other raid in the past 2 expansions or so. I really ejoyed the Nightfallen faction and I've hit exalted with them. Haven't done as much Mythic+ yet, but I'm also kinda busy with other stuff.

Honestly, it's a really solid expansion for me personally.

Edit: Also helps that we know what 7.1 is a proper patch unlike WoD's. A new small raid, a new huge dungeon and the continuation of Nightfallen is something I very much look forward to, especially the new huge dungeon part.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Such is the MMO life.
    That's what did it in for me. Nothing to do with Legion; contrary to the thread, it feels like one of the best expansions for people who truly love the game.

But I'd been perfunctorily playing WoD for so long that when it came time to trade the real-life activities I'd gotten into for grinding for raids, studying bosses to lead, bracing for the coming and going of players who don't have my responsibilities and can do what they want . . . no way.

If anybody's thinking of turning the page and quitting cold, you probably won't regret it. Pay your respects and get out. While I miss being with my WoW buddies, every thought I have about the game goes "If I hadn't left, instead of relaxedly doing this fun activity with you right now, I'd be . . . "

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, even with my annoyances of the game atm, I'm still really enjoying my monk a lot more than I care to admit.

Doing 5-10(maybe more) Mythic+ dungeons a week is also enough to keep me around and Karazhan will only prolong that further.

It would be nice to have to find some alternate ways to get the one weapon appearance unlocked though. I really wish they would change the system a bit to allow the line to be unlocked via M+ dungeons as well. Luckily, all of monk spec weapons in that tier don't really appeal to me that much except for one color of the WW fist weapon.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2016-10-01 at 12:35 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Still having fun, but not enjoying grinding so much. Wish there was a way to play alt chars withouth being so far behind in AP.

So what did people expect? The daily life in WoW has always been a grind and will always be until you've maxed everything out.

Deleted
    They really should come up with a catch up mechanic for alts.. Also the rewards from doing the world quests are just boring and shit. 810 boots, gold (like anyone need that after wod). Won't be long before its not really worth running them.

The zones are tiny, cramped and a pain to navigate.
    PVP sucks and we didn't get any new BGs again.
    Too many walls/grinds for alts.
    Professions are boring.

I don't really do mythics or raiding aside from LFR. I mostly just play a lot of alts and do casual BGs. I haven't logged in much over the last 2 weeks and will not be renewing. Even WOD got a few months out of me.

*shrugs*
    I think at one point last week the WoW General Discussion forum was full of "I Quit" (or some variation) threads. A few rather well-written critiques among the bloviated rage-quit threads.
    I never bought Legion so I can't make any judgments. What I'm reading however seems mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's the sad part, WoW is supposed to be the "relaxing, fun activity".

It's a damn video game, and not even a particularly competitive or challenging one at that. Yet I get more stressed playing it than I do playing SC2, or dealing with my boss at my real job, and so on. Mostly because of the trashcan that (much of) the community is. Oh well.
    It's the social component, positive or negative, and like the guy I quoted said, that's "The Life." If you raid, let alone in leadership, you have to be the world's greatest multitasker to be able to split your headspace and your time between WoW and two or three recreational activities. There was a time I was okay with that, but as I realized, WoD helped that time end more than 18 months ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    We cant compare WoW to TBC or WotlK because the game was still new back then.
    People were still leveling and the game was fresh new and exciting to play just because it was a novelty.
    As a product, WoW was groing back then.

But 12 years have passed and just releasing re.skinned stuff is not going to keep people interested forever. It's impossible.
    Vanilla and TBC were not new or fresh as people were raiding ICC and still rolling alts. It was simply compelling gameplay. Sadly, the root story of WoW changed with Cataclysm, and not just the landscape. I have to wonder if we had kept the original zone storylines, but tweaked them for the upgrades, how much more familiar and accepted would the world have been. I for one am tired of Blackrock orcs at Northshire abbey and actually miss the Defias, and the Warlock quest to steal back the tome that teaches you how to summon your Imp at lvl 4. Or how the Gnomes and Dwarves both started in Coldridge. Granted, the landscape was a bit different, but there were interesting stories to learn about each race, and not just the rush to put on heirlooms and crash our way to level cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    What you're doing is mistaking those 12 million or whatever as being the same ones that started. WoW had a massive amount of churn due to how just flat out brick wall the game was to uber-casuals (Which were the people Blizzard were primarily targeting, advertising wise), who would get bored and quit, and quickly get replaced by two more people people who'd get bored and quit, and so on.

The biggest difference today, from then, is that churn stopped. Churn pretty much died around Cataclysm. Probably died around 6 months after ICC in NA, too.

Consider this: Around the pre-release time of Cata, I think it was, I think Blizzard said they had something to the tune of over 40 million former subscribers. (Not trials, people who actually paid for it.) Think about that for a moment. About the only way to explain that is massive churn.

MMO's aren't made to have gigantic audiences. The majority don't want to do the kind of activities (Especially the social ones) that MMO's ask for, for the most part. Yet Blizzard is pretty much saddled with us, an audience that probably shouldn't be playing MMO's, but is.
    I am not misatking anything. Vanilla ended with 8M, TBC ended with 10M, and Wrath ended with 12M. Odds are most of them were the same, but not all. That would be naive. My point was, there was something compelling about the launch and the first two expansions that not only made some players stick around, but actually drew in fresh players, and encouraged R-a-F.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'd be enjoying this expansion a lot more if the alt situation wasn't so brutal.
    This, I want to make another character, but thinking about all the stuff I'd need to be viable and how much time gates stuff I'd be behind on kills it for me. Its never been a worse time to make an alt.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It was several years old already and since mid-Vanilla there was the argument, when someone made a criticism, that "you've played for more than a year, no wonder it's becoming stale". So no, argument rejected.

There seem to be an incredible unwillingness to admit that a different design could have different results, and that if people were much less bored then it was because of said difference in design.
    It's pretty impressive the length people will try to find other justification than the obvious "content was made to last instead of being a short-term instant gratification one", even when the facts are pretty obvious.
    The game was only 2 years old in TBC.
    Hell, only less than half of us started playing Vanilla. The product was new.
    I didn't even had a pc that could handle Vanilla. It was the stone age back then.

TBC was when people started noticing WoW. Everyone was like "hey do you know world of warcraft? Is pretty good"
    And finally Lich King was when everyone and their mothers decided to play the game because TBC was a huge success.

I believe in the graph of a product's life cycle. And i think WotlK was when the product reached maturity.

Introduction: Vanilla
    Growth: TBC
    Maturity: WotlK
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-01 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Vanilla and TBC were not new or fresh as people were raiding ICC and still rolling alts. It was simply compelling gameplay. Sadly, the root story of WoW changed with Cataclysm, and not just the landscape. I have to wonder if we had kept the original zone storylines, but tweaked them for the upgrades, how much more familiar and accepted would the world have been. I for one am tired of Blackrock orcs at Northshire abbey and actually miss the Defias, and the Warlock quest to steal back the tome that teaches you how to summon your Imp at lvl 4. Or how the Gnomes and Dwarves both started in Coldridge. Granted, the landscape was a bit different, but there were interesting stories to learn about each race, and not just the rush to put on heirlooms and crash our way to level cap.
    Your post nails...something I've been feeling that's been lacking.
    Blizz stated that they wanted to get back to the feel of class-fantasy but from what I'm reading they haven't done a good job. And it's probably because they started at the top when they should have started at the bottom. Those low level quests made me curious to the mysteries of my own class; mysteries that should continue throughout the leveling experience in the various stages of the game. And that should be done through quests, not simply "reach a particular level, here have a talent." The questing gives it depth. (It took me a while for my druid to get the "sea-lion form, back when it was a two-stage quest. But it felt very much a druid thing...and that wasn't bad at all)

7+ Year Old Account
    I still play, there are things I like after 8 or 9 years I'm "invested" in the franchise.

It is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your post nails...something I've been feeling that's been lacking.
    Blizz stated that they wanted to get back to the feel of class-fantasy but from what I'm reading they haven't done a good job. And it's probably because they started at the top when they should have started at the bottom. Those low level quests made me curious to the mysteries of my own class; mysteries that should continue throughout the leveling experience in the various stages of the game. And that should be done through quests, not simply "reach a particular level, here have a talent." The questing gives it depth. (It took me a while for my druid to get the "sea-lion form, back when it was a two-stage quest. But it felt very much a druid thing...and that wasn't bad at all)

Just accept it, it goes in easier.

Whomever let Greg Street (Ghost-troller) and his team rape the game in Wrath and Cat, leading to the bullshit console game we have today needs to be drawn and quartered right along with the folks who did it.

Wrath was were it all went wrong. LFD had EXACTLY the outcome so many of us warned it would. (it wasn't hard to see coming)

destroyed the server communities, and lowered the bar for immersive content. The bar just has been dropping ever since.

Next Xpack will be on X-Box. Mark my words.

Deleted
    Yeah kinda.

I stopped doing world quests a week ago or so, as they only bore me by now. The raid is lame and I've done every dungeon over 20 times. And pvp is garbage, it's too unbalanced to have fun in a bg.

I got bored of doing mythics and keystones, have gotten one piece of loot in 2 weeks. Went to raid did full clear and not a single item.

It fucking kills me seeing some keyboard turning shitter in my guild that produces 80k hps less than me on every fight even with a 16 ilvl advantage get a legendary and BIS trinket only to still be garbage.

Yeah I'm salty as fuck.

Also, I think boss fights have gotten a tad too long. Losing interest mid fight and wanting to watch tv is never a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    I got bored of doing mythics and keystones, have gotten one piece of loot in 2 weeks. Went to raid did full clear and not a single item.

It fucking kills me seeing some keyboard turning shitter in my guild that produces 80k hps less than me on every fight even with a 16 ilvl advantage get a legendary and BIS trinket only to still be garbage.

Yeah I'm salty as fuck.
    Two problems here:

1. Yea rng sucks i will not disagree with you on that.

2. The fact that you use hps as a means to judge your compatriots skill as a healer and then shit on him.

I haven't logged in for four days now. I have been keeping up with my class halls with the app. I had that I'm bored itch last week and I felt like a little break would renew my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes, very bored. Farming ancient mana is tedious, as are order resources, and world quests just feel... forced. I keep trying to start leveling alts, but the prospect of spending as much time on them as I did on my main just to get to the same end result just kills it for me.

That's just it, you will NOT spend as much time.

By the time the alt reaches 110, they are behind on AK and the system goes, hey, you don't have to wait 5 days per AK level because you're BEHIND. And then alternate days when you focus on OR with AP after you earned an AK step.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.