Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    i think you should re-Watch batman V Superman, Then tell me all the guys he fought survived.
    One movie does not override 70+ years of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    One movie does not override 70+ years of comics.
    Still If someone starts killing people after 70+ years of not killing people, You can't say "He does not kill" anymore

Still If someone starts killing people after 70+ years of not killing people, You can't say "He does not kill" anymore
    I can certainly not say he has never killed; Batfleck took care of that.

However, I was talking about the essence, the myth, the idea of Batman. A very central tenet of the character is that he does not kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Spray and pray very much applies to the indiscriminate firing of a high capacity semi-auto where the volume of fire is intended to make up for the poor/lack of aiming.

No, revolvers are generally not semi-automatic (unless you are talking about a Webley-Fosbery) as the act of firing one does not result in the recoil or spent gases being used to advance the next round.

I do not rail against firearms, and chances are I have owned more of them than you.

- - - Updated - - -

I have watched the attitudes of police evolve with the kit they use over the past few decades, and I have seen no better reason put forth.

Police have authority to enforce laws and hold you against your will, but that does not make them authority figures (in the sense of someone you look up to and follow by weight of their moral authority), just authoritarians who you obey out of fear.
    Every single revolver that has ever been made, is semi-automatic. Words have meanings. This is an ongoing issue with the anti-gun crowd. You get NOWHERE with your issue because you don't understand basic functions of the devices, and you look like fools so nobody takes you serious.

If you really care so deeply about this issue, doesn't the issue deserve 2-3 minutes of educating yourself on basic firearm function?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Every single revolver that has ever been made, is semi-automatic. Words have meanings. This is an ongoing issue with the anti-gun crowd. You get NOWHERE with your issue because you don't understand basic functions of the devices, and you look like fools so nobody takes you serious.

If you really care so deeply about this issue, doesn't the issue deserve 2-3 minutes of educating yourself on basic firearm function?
    You are correct, words have meanings. In this case, semi-automatic refers to a firearm that renders itself ready to fire via an action of the previous shot being fired with only the hammer needing to be actuated. (Legally in the US it is defined as such: "any repeating firearm which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.") A revolver, except for a few rare cases like the one I mentioned, does not even closely function in that manner. In order for one to be ready to fire the cylinder must be manually rotated either from the hammer being pulled back or the trigger being pulled (if it is double action). Even if one was to apply the concept that a revolver is semi-automatic because it "only" requires the trigger to be pulled to fire, you would STILL be wrong to say that all revolvers function in that manner as single action revolvers require the hammer to be manually cocked. I would recommend that you educate yourself before telling others to do so.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2016-10-06 at 12:57 AM.

That wasn't Batman, that was just Snyder's shitting on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post

This isn't true. You're thinking of double action revolvers.