Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilathae View Post
    Wouldn't you suggest crit/versa because of the T19 2set, extra bleed based upon mut dmg. T19 4set will increase envenom dmg, don't think they see this as a poison but nature dmg instead. So I guess mastery will kinda fade away once T19 kicks in.

At OP - Outlaw will always pull ahead in AoE. try to mix a couple ruptures in for energy regen.
    yeah simcraft is telling me Crit = Vers > Mastery at 46% crit, 7% haste, 78% mastery, 5% vers, with EP and Exsang.

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Gotta be hard to provide a guy a link, heh ...

That's okay, no decent player takes Alacrity as assassination anyway
    lol, sorry i thought that was simple to go Rogue->Sticky: Simulationcraft results for Legion Expansion (7.0) -> https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aqwv0VckwWnidXxBKV_biTNzfRY

but i was wrong, evidently you can only be ironic and nothing more....

Wouldn't you suggest crit/versa because of the T19 2set, extra bleed based upon mut dmg. T19 4set will increase envenom dmg, don't think they see this as a poison but nature dmg instead. So I guess mastery will kinda fade away once T19 kicks in.

At OP - Outlaw will always pull ahead in AoE. try to mix a couple ruptures in for energy regen.
    You know, Agonizing Poison makes mastery hit everything, including bleeds, right? Mastery > Crit > Vers will continue to be our stat priority moving forward, as mastery gives agonizing a ton more scaling, and gives deadly poison and bag of tricks a lot more AoE potential.

In Nighthold, sin will fall away regardless. But if you are staying with it, then I would still say crit/mast is better. The difference between the poison and bleed build with higher lvls of mastery gets to be pretty significant. At my current gear level we are talking a 12-15k dps difference and I'm only at 856 ilvl. Currently, poison build sims at 308k where bleed build (with crit/versa gear) sims at 296k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chisukaa View Post
    yeah simcraft is telling me Crit = Vers > Mastery at 46% crit, 7% haste, 78% mastery, 5% vers, with EP and Exsang.
    The reason simcraft is giving you that priority is because your mastery is so low that it's not viable to swap to the poison build. Bleed build priority is crit/versa. Get your mastery up to around 100% while dropping a little crit/versa and all the haste as it's a worthless stat to us (try to stay over 40% crit) and you'll start to see the priorities change as you swap to EP/Agonizing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    Dear all,

I have made the switch from Outlaw to Assassination, on some fights for now.

On my normal clear this week, I was Assassination on Nyth, Ursoc, Xavius and Il'gynoth (not a good idea). Here they are: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Dv18mbPQkchM7BHw

So far so good. On Il'gynoth, though, my DPS inside the eye was very good but for the remainder of the fight I was just running around like a headless chicken because the tentacles died too early etc. This is also where my problems lie: AoE and target switching. I find that on trash, if I don't use my Exsanguinate/Kingsbane, my DPS is balls. I took up 17 traits so far in the assassination artifact (up until bag of tricks, and then 1/3 Poison Knives) so I still have to get surge of Toxins, Serrated Edge and the third golden trait.

I've just done a mythic Arcway, and I noticed that whenever my Bag of Tricks doesn't pop, my AoE is useless and I'll hover around 120-200k depending on size of the pack by just FoK > envenom to hope for the procs. Is that the right way of doing it? On anything below 5 targets I try to get up ruptures (even at 3CP) for energy regen and continue my normal rotation, on 2/3 I tend to go for full power ruptures.

For bosses in mythics, I'm averaging out 240k both as assassination and outlaw (level 21 artifact), in lower DPS groups (other DPS are around 200k and 150k). Outlaw just feels stronger for mythics mainly due to the AoE potential, or am I doing something wrong?

That brings me to my next stumbling block: stats and build. I'm currently using a bleed build because it sims a fair bit higher and I get the best target dummy results (5 min tests) by doing that as well. I still have a good amount of versatility on my gear, with a good mix of mastery and crit (see: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Abzynth/simple), but I have NO idea what to focus on. I just regemmed/enchanted crit from vers but I don't know if that was a good move.

There's so much contradicting information on all the sources I use (icy veins, AMR, Stjern's guide). It's the first time I've ever felt this frustrated about how to gear. One problem I also seem to have is knowing which trinkets to equip. I assume I should use my memento of angerboda along with a stat stick. I have an 845 agi+haste, 840 agi+vers, 835 agi+crit, 835 agi+mastery socketed so there's too much choice and this all boils down to what I mentioned earlier about not knowing which stat is supposed to do best. I know, I could sim all of the trinkets but I don't trust the sims at this point. For example: Tirathon's Betrayal mythic is supposedly one of the top trinkets for assassination, yet on my personal tests I just fail to see why I should use it above a stat stick of the same item level, especially for dungeons. Maybe it's a wee bit better on single target? I don't know.

Is anyone able to give me some pointers on all of the above? Which stat should I aim for, what am I doing wrong on target switching/AoE, what should my trinket choice be and why, is it just my artifact traits that aren't where they should be yet for AoE, etc?

My apologies for the chaotic post and many thanks for your answers.

Kind regards,

Abzynth
    nice damage on ursoc and nythendra.
    May i ask for your talent build and a link to your items? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    In Nighthold, sin will fall away regardless. But if you are staying with it, then I would still say crit/mast is better. The difference between the poison and bleed build with higher lvls of mastery gets to be pretty significant. At my current gear level we are talking a 12-15k dps difference and I'm only at 856 ilvl. Currently, poison build sims at 308k where bleed build (with crit/versa gear) sims at 296k.
    Did you mean BLEED SIN will fall away in Nighthold?

Did you mean BLEED SIN will fall away in Nighthold?
    No I didn't. Sin will fall behind sub in Nighthold regardless of bleed or poison build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    nice damage on ursoc and nythendra.
    May i ask for your talent build and a link to your items? ^^
    On the log just click on his name then go to the summary tab. Shows all his gear, talents, and artifact traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    No I didn't. Sin will fall behind sub in Nighthold regardless of bleed or poison build.
    If there's one thing we've learned, it's that Bliz is definitely willing (intentionally or unintentionally by mistake-laden tweaks) to shake up the spec order. We don't know who's going to be on top for NH yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJones View Post
    If there's one thing we've learned, it's that Bliz is definitely willing (intentionally or unintentionally by mistake-laden tweaks) to shake up the spec order. We don't know who's going to be on top for NH yet.
    I'm speaking currently. Things are always subject to change.

I still doubt that, not much we can do but wait anyway

I still doubt that, not much we can do but wait anyway
    Unless Blizz changes things to make it stay viable it will happen. You can already sim it and see that around 880 ilvl sub will pass sin. I don't want to hear it much less say it as I hate sub but currently that's our fate.