Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Ive got you here- meth will kill you very easily and quickly. Its almost like cyanide. Alcohol CAN be used safely. Meth CANNOT be used safely.
    They are both poison to your body. You can quickly overdose on both as a first-time user. Both can be laced with other things, and kill with a single "dose." They both harm your body, every single time they are used.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be willing to be that 90% of the people here, if posting from the US, at these times, are people sitting at work with nothing better to do than talk to people online. At my job I usually have tons of time where I have nothing to do, so I sit here on MMO C cuz its not blocked. I hate hate hate hate this btw, makes the day take forever to go by and I feel useless as a worker. I'd rather have something to work on honestly.
    Multi task, I work and post at the same time haha

I think its a little far fetched to say that bartenders are the same as meth dealers, and call me a hypocrite for debating that. Meth will always kill you. Alcohol CAN be abused, but 1 'dose' of alcohol is not guaranteed to kill you. You COULD argue that 1 meth use wont kill you, but there would be a large portion of the scientific community that would say no, that shit will kill you
    Not all meth users die... did you not get the memo?

Why do you care so much which poisons people are allowed to put into their own bodies?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Earlier in this thread you discussed how horrible it is for someone to sell drugs to kids... Which is bad. However so is killing their parents with the excuse of "oh I thought they were using drugs"
    Well, sure, I guess. I don't really have anything to debate with you on that.

Duerte would rather deal with a bunch of orphans than have -some- drug users still out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, sure, I guess. I don't really have anything to debate with you on that.

Duerte would rather deal with a bunch of orphans than have -some- drug users still out there.

It would be nice to have rehab for te users and not dead parents for the orphans

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Speaking as a member of the scientific community, you're incorrect. A dose of methamphetemine is about as likely to kill you as a dose of alcohol, if we're talking about a shot vs. an average sized hit. Neither will kill you, and neither will result in instant addiction for the majority of the population. For about 1/3rd of the population, a dose of either substance large enough to alter brain chemistry for an extended period (over 2 hours) is indeed enough to trigger addiction...and while meth will kill more quickly, chronic alcoholism kills just as surely over longer periods and has been responsible for a much higher number of deaths and healthcare costs, at least in the US.
    I guess I am just brainwashed into thinking meth is a bad drug. Glad you have taught me that a few hits of meth every week is as harmful as a few beers every weekend.

I didn't know how pleasant meth was to use, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Multi task, I work and post at the same time haha
    I wish I could, like, honestly what I want as a job is to work on a project with people and make games or help with production, like any videogame developer, and work for them. Them in between creative spurts and working on my section of the project, I could browse MMOC in my spare time.

Alas, I sit here quietly and don't do anything for hours on end. Cant wait to EAS so I can finally do something with my life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Not all meth users die... did you not get the memo?

Why do you care so much which poisons people are allowed to put into their own bodies?
    That's interesting, I suppose it is irrelevant to me how people choose to kill themselves with which drugs.

I would really like to see some research on how many meths users die vs how many rehab and return to society clean, and stay that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Light quip and question I have then, is it ok to let someone consume a cyanide pill to kill themselves? Maybe a teenager thinks cyanide will get them high, do you stop them? Where is the line where safety-through-control vs freedom differ?

Where do you personally draw the line?
    Looks like he or she was selected by nature.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to have rehab for te users and not dead parents for the orphans
    I guess the idea in the back of my head that is fueling all of this is that I do not believe meth users can be rehabilitated. Alcohol? Sure I myself have family members that have gone through treatment and help and have gotten better. But meth and heroin? I just haven't ever heard of that working out. I just read a story about a serial rapist got out on good behavior after 11 years and less than a week after he got out he kidnapped and murdered an 11 year old girl. But, to counter my own story, that is only 1 story. I think the media can be its own problem when you report on a story. If you say one thing, the public also takes it as you not saying other things, on purpose.

THey don't include an article that is pro-rehab for every story that is ...*anti-rehab*... if you will.

It offsets the reality of which is the minority and which is the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the idea in the back of my head that is fueling all of this is that I do not believe meth users can be rehabilitated. Alcohol? Sure I myself have family members that have gone through treatment and help and have gotten better. But meth and heroin? I just haven't ever heard of that working out. I just read a story about a serial rapist got out on good behavior after 11 years and less than a week after he got out he kidnapped and murdered an 11 year old girl. But, to counter my own story, that is only 1 story. I think the media can be its own problem when you report on a story. If you say one thing, the public also takes it as you not saying other things, on purpose.

THey don't include an article that is pro-rehab for every story that is ...*anti-rehab*... if you will.

It offsets the reality of which is the minority and which is the majority.

Someone who does drugs is not the same as a rapist. You need to work on your analogies

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Looks like he or she was selected by nature.
    That means, I take it, that you would not intervene to stop someone from hurting themselves or others? Pro-freedom to the point that there should be no regulations or laws, just guidelines?

Seriously curious here, I am not attacking in any way, just asking where you side

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    I take responsibility for what I do. I don't claim myself to be sick if I mess up because I made a bad choice. I don't claim others to be sick when they make bad choices. Drug users are not sick, they made a bad choice, that's all.

It's incredibly infantilizing to suggest that people are not in control of their own actions and some disease made them do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    Drug users are not sick. Stop trying to strip people of any responsibility for their own situations when they mess things up for themselves.
    Ever get injured so bad you need an iv of hydromorphone to stop the pain? Ever experience withdrawals from just a couple weeks of prescribed morphine? Withdrawal symptoms feel like your soul is being ripped from your heart for weeks and will make you wish you were dead. Addicts need medical help, not trialless death sentences.
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2016-09-30 at 06:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone who does drugs is not the same as a rapist. You need to work on your analogies
    That's simply the only one I have. You are absolutely correct though they aren't comparable. Let me see if I can find the story rather than paraphrase it

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a little far fetched to say that bartenders are the same as meth dealers, and call me a hypocrite for debating that. Meth will always kill you. Alcohol CAN be abused, but 1 'dose' of alcohol is not guaranteed to kill you. You COULD argue that 1 meth use wont kill you, but there would be a large portion of the scientific community that would say no, that shit will kill you
    Well that's all based on what one would consider a "dose", wouldn't it? One beer? Nah, one... uh whatever the standard hit of meth is lol, also probably not. Down 3 bottles of everclear in one night? You're dead. Consume a kilo of meth in one night? Cya.

That's not to say that there's a "responsible" way of using things like meth and heroin but if you're on your own and not harming anyone I don't really see why it's any of my business what someone wants to do with their body.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well that's all based on what one would consider a "dose", wouldn't it? One beer? Nah, one... uh whatever the standard hit of meth is lol, also probably not. Down 3 bottles of everclear in one night? You're dead. Consume a kilo of meth in one night? Cya.

That's not to say that there's a "responsible" way of using things like meth and heroin but if you're on your own and not harming anyone I don't really see why it's any of my business what someone wants to do with their body.
    You have a very good point, yes, but would you take that point so far as not let someone commit suicide by overdose and not intervene?

It is none of your business right?

You do realize that adderall is an amphetamine almost identical to speed and meth right? Point being there are "a lot" of people prescribed adderall. Meth won't always kill you, the only difference between a drug, medicine and poison is the dose.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a very good point, yes, but would you take that point so far as not let someone commit suicide by overdose and not intervene?

It is none of your business right?
    Just depends really. Someone with terminal illness just wants to end it already? Let them it should be their decision how they go. Someone with crippling depression? Well I've been there and its a pretty dark place but usually there's bright days ahead and everyone should try their best to talk them from the ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    You do realize that adderall is an amphetamine almost identical to speed and meth right? Point being there are "a lot" of people prescribed adderall. Meth won't always kill you, the only difference between a drug, medicine and poison is the dose.
    Same with Ritalin etc tons of people here gets them prescripted including me for some years, helps with getting around alot of people, others get them for adhd and add even children. It's very easy to get them to some just go the the psychiatric place talk to a few psycologists and doctors and they get more then they can ever eat, many sell them for 70-80$ for all 30 pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that allowing free muder of any random citizen on the street as long as the killers claim they thought the victim was doing drugs is an impovement!
    Western society trying to enforce its will again where it shouldn't. It's not like he forcibly took power. Nope. He was elected. Elected because of what he did with his city prior to his election.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Western society trying to enforce its will again where it shouldn't. It's not like he forcibly took power. Nope. He was elected. Elected because of what he did with his city prior to his election.
    Hitler was beloved by his people too and you see how that turned out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Compared to raping and killing a dozen children it's trivial.
    But they both get the same punishment.

You're telling every coke addict in the country that they might as well kill and steal to get their fix, cause it's not going to increase the sentence.

That's the entire point!
    If you give a mass-murderer and a coke-addict the same punishment, you are basically sending out the message that they are just as bad as the other.
    Horrifyingly childish logic. If youre going to murder, may as well murder 10 more! Who the fuck says that shit