Deleted

Destro - Single Target Backdraft or Roaring blaze and how

Hi Guys,

got some issues with the decision making. I´m not sure whats better for single target or in general Roaring blaze or backdraft. And how is roaring blaze working?

Opening sequenc0e (excluding pre pot and so on):
    2x immo for max duration
    2x conflagrate
    1x summon extra imp
    1x doomguard
    3x dimensional rift

Or is something wrong with this opening?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I like to bank rift charges for movement (2, 1 if you have Dimension Ripper) Also you want to get in a third Conflag on every long immolate if you're running RB, not sure which is better, I'm currently using BD because the combo with F&B gives nice AoE results.

7+ Year Old Account
    Theyre pretty even. Pure singletarget - go with BD
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

I have recently moved away from Roaring blaze and am having great success. With RB you are required to either wait until you have 2 conflags or have sub optimal buffed immolates. With Backdraft you are getting far more spells out due to how you are balancing out casts. Conflag, Inc, Inc, CB etc etc

I've gone back and forth between the 2. Problem I'm running into is that my muscle memory kicks in and I keep either double casting conflag when I have backdraft and thus wasting a cycle or I end up firing off conflags without banking when running blaze and throttling my dps.

I personally prefer Nackdraft because of the reasons that Stryker-88 said. But i have got a question about the opning:
    I normally start (without bl) with inmolate conflag incineratex3, doomguard, imp, rift, (then i got almost the 2nd charge of conflag recharged again) and i go conflag CB incinerate incinerate conflag CB (with my lvl of haste i got just enough time to hit the CB in the erradication debuff) and then keep going normal rotation.
    What do you think? Should incast earlier the doomguard, imp and rift cds and waste almost 1 clonflag cd? Or just cast conflag and pop cds waring the backdraft buff?

Deleted
    Backdraft is more fun that is for sure !

Lucky people who got a Feretory of Souls should definitively pick Backdraft over Roaring Blaze.

It feels weird to have Shadowburn in the same tier too. It should be a baseline spell imho.

I already find RB to be an extremely boring talent choice. I basically have to wait until I get 2 charges of conflagration and spend them back to back and then just fill that time in between with CB and incinerate. It's reminiscent of how we held onto our CB while waiting for a trink or weapon proc, but not nearly as rewarding.

BD on the other hand, is fun as hell and feels great! I love being able to throw out several CBs in a short span. Even better when I have Soul Conduit and get Soul Snatcher procs so I can throw out 5+ back to back CBs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny727272 View Post
    I already find RB to be an extremely boring talent choice. I basically have to wait until I get 2 charges of conflagration and spend them back to back and then just fill that time in between with CB and incinerate. It's reminiscent of how we held onto our CB while waiting for a trink or weapon proc, but not nearly as rewarding.

BD on the other hand, is fun as hell and feels great! I love being able to throw out several CBs in a short span. Even better when I have Soul Conduit and get Soul Snatcher procs so I can throw out 5+ back to back CBs.
    But you shouldnt double CB because of Eradication.
    At least I would CB, Inc, CB or CB inc inc and a longer cb afterwards to get the max out of Eradication.

Quote Originally Posted by UserNotFound View Post
    But you shouldnt double CB because of Eradication.
    At least I would CB, Inc, CB or CB inc inc and a longer cb afterwards to get the max out of Eradication.
    I'm usually starved on SS haha. I'm honestly not sure which would be better. Because I'd want eradication to be up as long as possible while immolate is doing its top dps.

Roaring Blaze as far as I know is a tiny bit more powerful ST, contributes to greater burst but is also less flexible and isn't as versatile in my experiences. Talent choices such as FnB (among others) also have synergy with Backdraft and do not with RB, if you end up taking those for particular encounters.

I think it really depends on what you're doing, though. Personally I find a lot of enjoyment and methodically pleasant use of RB in raid settings, whereas BD is better for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Roaring Blaze as far as I know is a tiny bit more powerful ST, contributes to greater burst but is also less flexible and isn't as versatile in my experiences. Talent choices such as FnB (among others) also have synergy with Backdraft and do not with RB, if you end up taking those for particular encounters.
    Backdraft is actually stronger ST. Unless you have, I believe, 50% haste. Roaring blaze is better when used with havoc to double the effect of immolate. So for instance, take RB on dragons, but go with BD on ursoc or nythendra.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny727272 View Post
    Backdraft is actually stronger ST. Unless you have, I believe, 50% haste. Roaring blaze is better when used with havoc to double the effect of immolate. So for instance, take RB on dragons, but go with BD on ursoc or nythendra.
    Sims disagree, I think the crux of it a lot of the time in raid is just needing the faster cast to get the CB's off and it being really inconvenient to get buffed immolates up on adds that die too fast.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

RB is a bit wonky to use as you need too pool two conflags ready for a max-pandemic immolate. You rotate between "max dura immolate with 3x Conflag stacks" then into "single cast immo with nothing, until 2 conflags are ready and then I'll stack another immo for max-pandemic" and get back to the first one.
    I often accidently hit conflag out of habit while moving or immidiately after casting immo without having a second ready.

However Roaring Blaze seems to be renouned as highest ST damage, or even 2-target cleave damage (works wonderfully even without Wreck Havoc).
    On the other hand, 2-target cleave burst could probably really enjoy soul conduit + backdraft with some saved shards, to really quickcast out nothing but CBs during those 8 seconds of default havoc.

Aside from huge AOE with Fire n Brimstone though I have a hard time enjoying Backdraft as my spells are already so damn fast with 35% haste.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP